17 pt bump??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 pt bump??

Just saw the latest Gallup poll... has Mccain-Palin up 54-44. They were down 50-43 on Tuesday..... went from -7 to +10 in 6 days

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
    Just saw the latest Gallup poll... has Mccain-Palin up 54-44. They were down 50-43 on Tuesday..... went from -7 to +10 in 6 days
    The lead depends on methodology, giving you +4 if you use RV and not LV, but yes McCain has had a pretty good convention bounce that actually exceeded the Obama bounce, which is certainly an interesting development.

If it follows through on the Gallup and Rasmussen tracking polls (which is different than this one) - I will be more convinced. Tomorrow is the first day where the rolling 4 day has everyone in who would have reacted to McCain's convention speech.

The base hardcore Christian Conservatives love Palin, most of whom were not that into McCain, whom they see as risky and not someone who falls in line as much as they would like. It would be an understatement to say that the so called "enthusiasm gap" in the national election is closing, if not closed.

From the election standpoint, it now comes down to debates and who has the most effective TV strategy and ground game. As an Obama supporter, I have to hope that the superior ground game he demonstrated in the primary will follow through in the general, but in reality, those are very different races (i.e. no caucases in the GE, winner take all per state in all but Maine and Nebraska).

The McCain pick, while it scares the hell out of me personally, was very, very savvy. Have to give him credit for this one, if no more skeletons come out of her closet that make his pick look more crazy than smart.
    可你住在有趣的时代 - May you live in interesting times.

Visit wagertracker and participate in free contests and track your picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish2006 View Post
      The lead depends on methodology, giving you +4 if you use RV and not LV, but yes McCain has had a pretty good convention bounce that actually exceeded the Obama bounce, which is certainly an interesting development.

If it follows through on the Gallup and Rasmussen tracking polls (which is different than this one) - I will be more convinced. Tomorrow is the first day where the rolling 4 day has everyone in who would have reacted to McCain's convention speech.

The base hardcore Christian Conservatives love Palin, most of whom were not that into McCain, whom they see as risky and not someone who falls in line as much as they would like. It would be an understatement to say that the so called "enthusiasm gap" in the national election is closing, if not closed.

From the election standpoint, it now comes down to debates and who has the most effective TV strategy and ground game. As an Obama supporter, I have to hope that the superior ground game he demonstrated in the primary will follow through in the general, but in reality, those are very different races (i.e. no caucases in the GE, winner take all per state in all but Maine and Nebraska).

The McCain pick, while it scares the hell out of me personally, was very, very savvy. Have to give him credit for this one, if no more skeletons come out of her closet that make his pick look more crazy than smart.

i agree 100% on the ground effort thing, if Obama ground effort supporters (those who usually don't come out but are for this election) don't come out you can call it a day :puke: :puke:
      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

it may come down to the youth vote for obama, which have signed up in records numbers but are historically very unreliable

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
          it may come down to the youth vote for obama, which have signed up in records numbers but are historically very unreliable
          yeah was talking to someone the other day and told them hes gotta have a huge youth vote turn out and also win the youth vote at least 60-40 probably more to have a chance
          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
          X