• Show
Clear All

• nfl week two

Best Bets (0-0)(even)
    Strong Plays (2-0)(+4.00)
    Regular Plays (4-3)(+0.70)
    Moneyline Parlays (0-0(even)

Overall (6-3)(+4.70)

Very happy with week one in the NFL. For me what I did is a great week. Now lets see if I am good or just go lucky. I would like to think good, but in the NFL more than likely I was lucky.

NFL WEEK TWO

Carolina -3 vs Chicago (best bet)…………I love this game. I also think Carolina is going to have a good year like the Saints. I liked the points last week vs the Chargers, but I certainly was not expecting a win at San Diego. Carolina is a different team with Delhomme at the helm leading this team. I don’t think either team had any business winning on the road last week against whom they played. I think Carolina is more for real than the Bears though. That Bears win last week kept this line where it is…it should be and least 6-7 points. Home field make a huge difference in this one. I know the Bears are confident too, but a second week on the road might take care of that. Meanwhile, a fully confident, sky high Panther team comes home and brings the A-game with them. I smell a blowout. Usually in the NFL when I like a game this much it loses….so you are warned.

New Orleans “pick” vs Washington (best bet)………..I won with the Saints barely last week as a strong play. I said then I think we are going to see the New Orleans team that we saw two years ago, and I am sticking to my guns even though they are on the road this week. I just feel Washington is a mess and they are in for a long season. This is the NFL where easy games on the road don’t exist, but I really like my chances in this one. Saints simply the better team. Washington probably not as bad as I think, but they are not going to win this game. Sometimes when you suck it can be a disadvantage to play at home…the boobirds might come out early and often for the skins.

Pittsburgh -6 vs Cleveland (strong play)…………I know Pittsburgh is not as good as they looked last week. I know Cleveland is not as bad as they looked last week. Pittsburgh for one is a whole different animal at home and now they play at rival Cleveland, that is why this line is only six. I am actually shocked it has not gone above seven. I am locking it in today in case there is some late money on the Steelers. Pittsburgh could have scored 80 points last week if they wanted to. Willie Parker looks good again, Ben looks like more like he did two years ago and I think this Steeler team is for real. I hate to say that. I cannot stand the Steelers and I live in Steeler Country. This might be close for a while since it is at Cleveland and they will be fired up, but talent should win in the end. Once Pittsburgh builds that lead to 10 or more, the Browns are done and the home crowd will turn against them. I hate it when the Steelers win, but you have to bet with your head and not your heart. Pittsburgh by 14-20 points as they pull away in the second half.

Houston -4 vs Baltimore (strong play)…………..I really expected more out of Houston. I think they are going to be much better than they showed last week. Just the fact they were less than a touchdown dog at Pittsburgh last week tells me the people in Vegas think so too and now after getting destroyed last week, they come out as favorites more than a field goal. I think they have the line right on this one. Baltimore has no offense and hung on at home to beat a horrible Bengal team, what does that tell you? I don’t think this game will be close. Baltimore defense will tire out in the second half and Houston will pour it on. Feel pretty good about this one to. Sometime you just have to “read the line”

Miami +6.5 vs Arizona (regular play)…………..Ok, I just mentioned above about not betting with your heart. When it comes to Miami sometimes, not always I don’t follow my own advice. I don’t think Miami is as bad as they looked last week. For as bad as they appeared to play, they had a chance to win the game in the final minute. Arizona won on the road and even though it was the 49ers, that is tough to do in the NFL unless you are one of the better teams in the league which we all know Arizona is not. Arizona is one of those teams we have talked about the past three years and we always say “this is going to be the year”. I am still waiting. Again if you “read the line”, this line should be much higher than it is. Cannot believe it is under seven. My gut and my heart tells me the fish find a way to keep this close. I think this years Dolphins team will be similar to last years where they lose a bunch of close games. I think they will find a way to win a few more this year though. Last year Dolphin QB’s found ways to give the game away. Pennington usually does not do that with his conservative style. It would be nice to see Miami get a win early and get the monkey off their back. I will settle for a cover though.

Kansas City -3.5 vs Oakland (regular play)………….Kansas City really sucks. Oakland really, really, really sucks. Why else would a horrible team like Kansas City be a favorite? Might not be a blowout as KC is not capable of blowing a high school team out, but there is a reason they are favored by more than a field goal. I see a 4 or 7 point win. It won’t be easy, it never is with me and the NFL.

Tennessee +1 vs Cincinnati (regular play)…………I like Tennessee because I am addicted to betting the NFL and they are playing the Bungels. Two pretty solid reasons to me.

New England +1.5 vs Jets (regular play)……………I like New England because I am addicted to betting the NFL and the Pats are not going to suck like everybody thinks they will, and the Jets are not the SuperBowl team everybody thinks they will be now. They will still make the playoffs.

Better stop with those. I will have somebody on MNF. Be back on Monday with that one. Good Luck Everybody!!
Working...
X