No announcement yet.

***NFL Week 3 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well as a Bears fan, I agree that Tampa is a very good play, especially with no Hester. But I think Chicago has proven themselves more this year in a win over Indi then Tampa has at home beating Atlanta

Comment

Second week in a row, I'm talking total instead of spread. But 51 1/2 is alot of points and in the past, the teams with that line never hit the over. But there is two this week and maybe one will go over. If I hadn't been on a 4 day drunk and seen there were two I would have taken NO/Denver under 51. Just bet that one
      If its fun, do it

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        Gus Frerotte in for the Vikings, and Steve Smith is back for the Panthers. not sure I like the Vikings laying those 3.5 points as much as first glance... although Gus might be a good thing...lol.

I didn't touch on this one much, but think the Panthers could be a barking dog this week once again. Minny is very much in need of a win, but the Panthers will be sure to make the Vikings beat them through the air. Steve Smith opens up the passing game in a huge way. I was under the impression that the Vikings were grossly overrated to start the season, but I do realize they have quite the schedule to start the season. @GB, vs Indy, vs Car, @Tenn & @ NO. Lean Panthers.
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by yomonte View Post
          Second week in a row, I'm talking total instead of spread. But 51 1/2 is alot of points and in the past, the teams with that line never hit the over. But there is two this week and maybe one will go over. If I hadn't been on a 4 day drunk and seen there were two I would have taken NO/Denver under 51. Just bet that one
          I like it too Yo. Public sure to jump on the over with Denver just playing in that shootout game vs SD paired with the Saints who people love to lay overs on. 51.5 is quite the number to get over- 7 tds & you're still not over the number. If one team struggles the over is toast. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            also QB change for the Chefs. Not even sure who the guy is. Some guy from Eastern Coastal Beach Carolina State Technical College
            Oakland steamrolled KC for 300 rushing yards (6.4 ypc). The Falcons rushed for 318 vs Detroit before facing a good defensive team in TB. I think they can run all over the Chiefs...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
              Oakland steamrolled KC for 300 rushing yards (6.4 ypc). The Falcons rushed for 318 vs Detroit before facing a good defensive team in TB. I think they can run all over the Chiefs...
              :thumbs: probably the only time the falcons will be favored this year...and its justified...'pick the winner':beer2:

turner and norwood all day...
              Last edited by bookiekilla; 09-17-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Push for me when I took Bears last week vs. Panthers but I will be fading the Panthers whenever it seems kosher at home. They for some reason just don't cover at home.
                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Totally flip flopping here, but after further review I thiink the Steelers may be the play. Eagles off an emotional MNF loss where in many respects they overachieved. Steelers off a close win in which they underperformed. Public hitting up the home fave after a solid showing in the spotlight, perception vs reality thing going on here. I stated the Steelers were a team I would look to fade on the road, but I'm thinking Big Ben should be able to move the ball through the air on Philly. AFC>NFC imo, so catching points with a top tier afc team could be the way to go.

Another game I didn't get into yet was Indy vs the Jags. Sanders out spells trouble for the Indy D, as they rely on his blitzes to slow the run game. Peterson ran for 160+ on the Colts last week, but the Colts squeeked out a win. Jacksonville should be able to find the endzone vs the Colts if they have a solid run game going, which seems highly likely. Public hitting the Colts despite their lackluster defensive showings in their first 2 games. IMO Jones Drew has a great game.

Comment

Nice to see you coming around on the Steelers, UD. I like them too, and seemed like the only one. I'll go with the team that can actually play a little defence, who can run the ball and who doesn't turn the ball over...and thats the Steelers. IMO, Philly is over-valued off that offensive performance in primetime...but I'm not buying their defence just yet.

As for the Colts/Jags...no way I would back either team right now...anything could happen in that one...but I do think both teams will be able to score...so I'm on the Over.

GL

Comment

Hi, I'm new here (been waiting about ten days to get verified :( )
                      4-5 for the season so far. Curse that last-second Panthers touchdown in week one.

I think this is a fascinating week of games, but without many plays that jump up and hit you in the face.

I agree with the numerous comments that the Seahawks giving up 9.5 points or thereabouts look horrible, but I can't quite bring myself to bet that given their home record and a visiting squad with a coach who appears to be all but a lame duck. Will be putting it in a teaser I guess. I'm also leaning towards the 'under' here, for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.

I've been surprised with the weight of support for the Vikings -3. I think Carolina may handle them nicely, and having watched the entire Vikes-Colts game I'm far from convinced that just swapping Frerotte for Jackson will see Minnesota dancing in the endzone. They'll need to change the playcalling too, and perhaps they will, but I'm leaning t'ards the Panthers although again may end up just teasing this one.

Actually, I am struggling to have the courage of my convictions on any games this week (exception, Browns over the Ravens) and so will probably be falling into my usual teaser trap. I like the Panthers and Chargers a lot for teasing purposes - and the Jags. The Colts have struggled two weeks in a row against physical teams and now they face one with a decent quarterback.

Comment

Working...
                      X