Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Week 3 NFL >>>

NFL YTD: 10-8, +23.24 Units

Got these in early, so I might as well post them...

Redskins -3 -116 vs Cards
    Skins hung tough in a bad spot in the opener in the SB champ's stadium, and then played well at home beating a hyped Saints team. It's always tough to go into an NFC East stadium and win...especially for the West Coast Cardinals, who traditionally stink in the East, and will be playing their first game in that time zone this year (early 1:00 PM start). They have gone 2-0 on the West Coast to start the year against less than stellar opponents. This is a better test, and IMO it's a perfect spot for a Cardinal road letdown. Skins lost to a NYG team that pounds the ball on the ground, and won against a finesse passing team like the Saints. Now they face a similar passing team in the Cards...I think they matchup well, and with the home field, it's a Skins win.

Rams +9.5 -103 vs Seahawks
    Too many points. Seahurts are laying double-digits? The Rams are not a playoff team by any stretch, but their two losses are on the road against a very good Philly team, and a home-opener the against the f'ing Superbowl champs the next week. Nice schedule. It gets alot easier this week, and the rams can't be that bad. The infirmary in Seattle is insane...no way they can lay 10. Seattle has picked up some new WRs off the scrap heap, but they are not elite players, and only have a couple days to learn the system. The rams were getting 9 points in there first two contests against top competition...now they get 10 against Seattle? Gotta take the points, and hope Bulger and Jackson can put up some points.

Browns +2 +101 vs Ravens
    Browns ML +125 vs Ravens (1 Unit)
    I was ready to fade the Ravens huge last week...laying points with the Texans. Now I get points with a superior Browns team who are desperate for a win after opening the season against playoff teams Dallas & Pittsburgh. Ravens have one measly close win over the Bungles...who might be the league's worst team. I'm not sure why they're getting so much respect with really nothing to judge them by. Browns have faced quality competition twice, and the Ravens have faced a joke once. Browns should be more cohesive this week, and against inferior competition, it'll be Cleveland all day as Anderson and Edwards break out.

Colts/Jaguars OVER 41.5 -102
    Time for these two offences to put some serious points up on the board after struggling the first two weeks. They were both in the top 6 last year in points scored...and are too good to be held in check for long...especially the Colts! Manning seemed to hit his stride halfway through last game, and I see it continuing on for the rest of the year to his normal self. Both teams have also played 4 pretty good defensive teams so far this year (TEN/BUF/MIN/CHI), hitting 4 unders. The Bears showed that Indy's defence can be scored on...and that Jags offence are also due for a good day. Add in the fact that the Colts best defender is out this week (Bob Saunders), and it smells like an over to me.

Teaser: Giants -6.5/Browns +8.5 @ -120
    Gmen should be able to pound the ball down Cincy's throat all day at Giants Stadium...the Titans put up 180 rushing yards on that defence, and the Ravens put up 230. Jacobs and the Giants should be able to control the clock in dominanting fashion. Giants defence will also put pressure on Palmer, who already had zero mobility, and seems to have even less with this ankle problem (he's listed as probable). Ocho Crappo looks banged up too. I don't see how the Bengals keep this one within a TD. I have the Browns winning outright, but if the Ravens are to pull off the unprobable win, I don't see how Flacco and that offence pull out a DD win.

2 Units Each

Also looking at adding the Steelers +4....but they are a pretty big anti-public play, and I'm hoping for some reduced juice by the weekend.

GL Everyone. :thumbs:

And for any CFL bettors...check out Montreal -3 over Edmonton this weekend :beer2:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-17-2008, 01:07 PM.

Solid looking card JML, definitely with you on a few of those, especially the Skins and the Browns. Not sure about Pitt on the road at Philly, but everything else looks solid. That Colts/Jags O/U is a great pick, might give that one a serious look. Best of luck to you again this weekend! :beerbang: :thumbs:
    GO TITANS!

Comment

Three more, and that should be it...

Teaser: Giants -6.5/Bills -3 @ -120

Steelers +4 -114 vs Eagles

Cowboys -3 -103 vs Packers

2 Units Each

GL :beerbang:
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-19-2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

GL JML :thumbs:

Comment

GL JML :thumbs:
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
          X