No announcement yet.

Week 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Nugs don't play D, why should the Donks? LOL!
    NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

Nice week Stif. Classic Bills letdown game once again, but Trent marched down the field for the W. Feels good to have a qb :beerbang:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Titans still have a lot to prove, and you're right the Texans made some poor decisions, but mostly they did so because they felt threatened enough to not just kick FG's late in the game. Still a long season to go but things are looking good for dem Titans with a 2 game lead in their division after only three games. The Broncos are the only other team in the NFL doing as well so far. If we can beat the Colts just once though are chances are looking good. Spread is already out for the Vikings game, Tenn -3, might have to lay again. Great weekend though Stif, good luck to you tonight!
        GO TITANS!

Comment

I suppose I should attempt to make myself more clear on what i said yesterday about the Titans. I was in a rush when I replied prior to the Dallas/GB game, and now that I read over it again, it just doesn't sound right.

I never said, or meant to imply that they sucked....just that I felt like they were the weakest of the 2-0 teams heading into yesterday. Maybe I underestimated them. I suppose time will tell.

After watching some games yesterday, i feel differently, at least about Denver, because it's obvious they have no inkling what the hell is going on when it comes to playing defense, and that will get you beat 100% faster than having a below average offense.

Quite possibly New England is another team I OVER estimated as well. I really thought they would be still a very good team without Brady, but it's pretty apparent that they're just not. Alot of their weaknesses seem to be surfacing now that they can't just count on Brady to lead them down the field at will, not only to put up points, but to consume time and keep the defense off the field and rested as well. Miami (of all teams) made them look like fools yesterday, so where they stand, i'm not quite sure. I won't go as far as to say they suck now just because of one game, but they sure aren't as good as I thought they would be either.

I also cant help but question the Bills. I mean on one hand, they looked like complete **** yesterday for 3 quarters. But on the other, Oakland got just about every break in the book yesterday (big kickoff return to open the game leading to a score, +2 turnover ratio, a long pass play for a TD, a very makable distance missed fg by the Bills and had the field position in their favor FOREVER and couldn't capitalize), and still the Bills found a way to fight back and win when they needed to.

I still think, though, that they should have handled Oakland at home, although it's obvious that the Raiders are headed in the right direction and clearly have some talented players....although I must say I was about to puke with the way they celebrated every time they made a damn tackle or gained 3 yards. I mean f'n act like you've been there before.

Actually, all this discussing gives me an idea....

In addition to discussing the UPCOMING games, we might want to also open a thread at the beginning of each week to discuss the games that just happened that weekend. Not just for the fun of it, but for capping purposes. Sometimes the results of games can be very misleading if you only see the final score or some sportscenter highlights....and discussing the games with people who actually watched them might be a good way to get a better grip on the teams, which would obviously make it easier to handicap them, and/or understand why lines might look too easy from one week to the next.

Actually I think I saw a thread in the CFB forum like this a few weeks back, where someone discussed the prior week's games and pointed out ones where he thought the final scores were misleading I read over those summaries and actually found them interesting, and that's the type of thing i was thinking about doing every week, here and in CFB. i think it might be very beneficial to all of us....i mean you can NEVER have too much discussion. Discussion is far more beneficial than stats, trends, past results, etc....imo anyway....
          Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 09-22-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            Nice week Stif. Classic Bills letdown game once again, but Trent marched down the field for the W. Feels good to have a qb :beerbang:
            Yea, I don't hear anyone lobbying for JP LOSSman now, like they were last year when Trent was first named the starter....

Comment

Very well said, you cleared that up nicely and agree with basically everything you said. My onl question now is who's going to start the previous week's games discussion? I think that's a great idea. The bills and the titans undefeated, while NE gets handed a huge loss from Miami? Just goes to show how unpredictable this NFL business can be.
              GO TITANS!

Comment

Working...
              X