Indy/Jax - discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy/Jax - discussion

OK, i know there is a weekly discussion thread, and i have seen this game covered in a few different threads too, but everywhere I have seen it discussed, I believe there is one major underlying theme....that Indy isn't what they used to be, and without Bob Sanders they are not nearly the same defensive team, and will struggle to stop the run.

Instead of replying to each thread individually, I figured I'd start this thread, since I wanted to give my opinion on what I think will be the most highly bet game of the 4pm games.

I do not disagree with what people are saying about Indy, but what I want to know is why does this automatically make JAX a good play in a pick the winner situation, on the road, at Indy, where Indy loses once like every 3 years? Yes, I know they lost @ home in week 1 vs the Bears, but they gift wrapped that for Chicago with piss poor play, and it was clearly obvious Manning was not yet coordinated with his offense after missing the preseason.

Not once did I see anyone mention that JAX did NOTHING on offense @ TEN, and didn't do much more @ home vs BUF. Their O-line is in shambles, and they don't really have much of anything at the WR position to throw the ball to.

Just because they're dogged, seems to be alot of the reason people are taking them at Indy this week. If JAX was -3, or better yet, -4, would you take them?

I'd venture to guess not....so since it's pick the winner either way....again.....why are they a good play at +4.5, +5 or +5.5?

I guess I could be missing the boat on an easy winner here....but somehow I doubt it. If nothing else, I think Indy can outscore JAX here....as the Jaguar offense has been without a doubt one of the worst in the league to this point in the season.

I'm rooting for Jacksonville personally, but I think the Colts will get it done against their division rival. You're right stiff, the Jags have shown nothing offensively so far this season so I don't see how you could confidently bet on them on the road. Pick a winner right? Garrard vs Manning? Colts...

Good luck this weekend!
    GO TITANS!

Comment

stif- colts are ony side i'm backing 2day, unless i see a halftime play i like. i agree the jags offense blows right now, and i'm not so sure their defense is quite as good as last year. looks like colts offense is getting back to full strength this week, or at least close to it. love them at home here, ur dead on that manning was still working the kinks out in week 1 after missing the preseason, and the vikes are a tough team to beat on the road. this has the potential to be a much easier game for them even though jags usually play them tough. :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X