No announcement yet.

Week 4 Looks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't think the Bills are quite ready to be 8+ pt faves on the road. All this talk about how bad the Rams are (and they are), but look at their schedule so far! @Philly, vs the Giants & @ Seattle. IMO Philly & the Giants would beat the **** out of the Bills too. Buffalo beat the Raiders at home by 1 point, & now they're favored by 8+ on the road? The Bills have definitely played well when it mattered down the stretch in games, but have also made some pretty costly mistakes leading up to that point. IMO it's only a matter of time before that catches up with you. Edwards has been sacked 6x the past 2 games, & lost fumbles in both games.

Roscoe Parrish will be out for 4-6 weeks, IMO that's huge as he's definitely an igniter on the team. The Bills have benefitted from solid field position thanks to Roscoe. His absence not only hurts special teams, but the depth @ wr as well. This means rookie Hardy will likely be seeing more action, & though he had that great td catch @ Jax, he also short-armed a ball that would have resulted in a drive sustaining 1st down earlier. Josh Reed played one of the best games I've seen him play last week, but he can be shaky at times. Lee Evans was flat out terrible last week, but I'm pretty confident in him.

It is also uncertain if fb Barnes will play either....

As a Bills fan I am very excited about this season, but I am also a realist (some may say pessimist lol). I think the Rams+9/+300 are good wagers. I am not thrilled backing Green, but there must be a reason Bulger has been benched, & it can't just be because he's the scapegoat....
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Like Stif said, UD...there's gotta be better places for your money than on Green, the thin Rams O-Line and the swiss cheese Rams defence!

Rams schedule isn't that insane, IMO....blowout losses to the Giants (who should have lost at home to lowly Cincy the very next week), and to an injured Seattle team that looked like total **** in their previous two. Not murderers row.

Also...yeah it sucks losing Roscoe Parrish, but I'm not sure it's the huge loss your making it out to be, as the Bills are probably the deepest NFL team in that area with 3 probowl quality returners on the roster. He's also only got 60 yards receiving all year, and Hardy is really not a huge downgrade as a 3/4 receiver for Edwards IMO.

The Rams are an absolute mess...and don't deserve anyone's money...

GL!
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-25-2008, 08:47 AM.

Comment

yea mckelvin and mcgee are more than capable returners imo. Probably better than a lot of other teams #1 return man.

Comment

I lost money on the Rams last week, not trying to put anymore on them until they prove themselves. I think SD only laying 7 against Oakland is a gift, already laid on that. Not as many lines jump out this week compared to last, but here are a few of my looks:

Jax -7 over Texans: I think this line dropped half a point already, which is odd because I think the Jags are going to stick it hard to the Texans who are in a nasty downward spiral. 7 is a lot though, this could be better to tease.

Cards +1.5 over Jets: I think the Cards are the biggest live dog this weekend, been playing very solid ball and should easily be able to exploit the Jets secondary for some scores. Over 45 looks tempting too.

Eagles -3 over Bears: The Bears present a tough matchup but really it's their D and special teams that win for them. I don't see the Eagles losing this game, only concern in their injuries to Westbrook and McNabb so this is a definite wait and see situation.

I like the overs in both the Cinci/Cleveland and Saints/49er's games at 44.5 and 48.5 respectively, especially the former. Cinci -3.5 is tempting as well, as mentioned before they have started to show some heart versus Cleveland who is bottoming out right now.

And lastly just want to touch on the Titans/Vikings game. I can see why some may lean towards the Vikings but I just want to remind everyone this is a pick a winner situation, and I think the Titans will get this done. Obviously I'm a homer, but if we can shut down their running game and force Frerotte to make throws things should go our way. It's going to be a close one either way, and even though the total is a super low 36 may still go under.

Ok that's all I have for now, looking for any and all thoughts because I'll be putting in the bulk of my plays tomorrow when I can get the -105 odds on sides. :thumbs:

GLTA this weekend! :beerbang:
          GO TITANS!

Comment

Working...
          X