Clear All

• Week 5 08' Debut...

First week of posts for 2008...

07 Record 47-41

YTD 0-0

Colts -3 W
    Colts/Texans O47
    W

Arguably the best team of the past 5 years coming off a bye week in a near must win situation has me feeling comfortable laying 3. The Texans are a tougher team than their record reflects having played all quality opponents, so I think they will stay in the game. With the bye week work for Peyton and Co., along with Shaub's impressive performance last week, Slaton's emergence, and the familiarity of division rivals I see both teams moving the ball, especially in the second half, and lots of points here.

NE -3 W

Alot of parallels to the Colts game. Belicheck will scheme something up to keep gore in check, and the Pats will grind one out on the road. San Fran has an underrated D, and will be better this year but feel like the Pats take down a low scoring affair, possibly a field goal fest, and win this one on experience. The Fins game has lowered this line, but is something of a fluke in that they always play the Pats tight, and scored 5 times on direct snaps. Hope the 3 doesn't come into play to bite me.

Tampa Bay +3 PUSH

The Donkeys weaknesses against the run were brought to light vs. KC and SDiego in the second half of their loss turned win in Mile High. Stylistic matchups play alot into winning and losing in the NFL and I think the Tampa 2 defense will present problems to the Donkeys aerial attack and the power running game will cause problems for the Donkeys front 7.

Vikings +3 at NO

Purple Jesus runs over NO D. Brees will have to throw 50 times vs. the Vikings and their strong run D. Given the loss of their top 2 recievers, think the aerial attack wont be able to win the game on its own.

Washington +6 at Eagles (Lean)NO PLAY

Was going to play this either way until I heard J Taylor and S Springs weren't playing for the Skins...as such I'm only playing this is Westbrook doesn't play only. If BW is out, taking the points and running with them in a tough close NFC East matchup. The Eagles aren't the same team without Westbrook.
    Last edited by JoeyBallgame; 10-05-2008, 11:40 PM.

Good start Joey ball gamer...Good luck in the late games, im on em with ya!! Lets beat the man!!

Comment

nice, solid week Joe...Glad to see we're on the same side tonight too, lets get this tonight.

:beerbang: heres to praying the purple, people eaters are back for tonights game...ALL DAY, all night tonight..

Comment

4-0-1, id say thats a hell of a debut ballgames...Congrats, looking forward to us cashing in week 6...Have a good week and nice job.

Comment

Yeah man, nice debut. Great writeups too!
          NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
          MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
          MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
          NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
          Updated on 01/13/18
          ---
          One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
          X