Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Week 6 NFL >>>

NFL YTD: 28-22, +25.23 Units

Update....adding the rest of my plays....put them up here instead of after all that garbage...

Eagles -4 -118 vs Niners
    Mismatch here, but we get a decent line with the Eagles, because of their record, and recent losses. But after the blowout of the Rams, they've had a tough schedule, and all loses could have gone either way. They feast on another weak team here, IMO...in a must win (for an NFC East team). Niners only have wins over league jokes Det and Sea, and have been outclassed anytime they've matched up against talent. Philly's defence will be too much for OSullivan, and McNabb will throw all over that 22nd ranked defence who have given up 30+ points regularily (3 of last 4).

Bengals +6 -108 vs Jets
    Jets a little over-rated, and Bengals have played better each week , and are due for a win. Palmer is getting his **** together, and they have a chance to win outright. Bengals 5 losses have been mostly against top competition, and they've kept the games close.

Ravens +4 -109 vs Colts
    It's all about running the ball, and stopping the run...

Texans -2.5 -120 vs Miami
    Thoughts on this game are in the discussion thread...really like Houston in this spot to get their first win.

Jaguars +3.5 -112 vs Broncos
    Time for the Jags to step up...I don't trust the Broncos, and their questionable defence...Cutler is also missing a couple targets this week. Points might come into play here.

Bears -2.5 -111 vs Falcons
    Bears -3 +112 vs Falcons
    Still don't trust the Falcons. They have a winning record but wins against the crappy Lions and Chiefs along with last week's win over a very injured Packers team. All three are ranked near the bottom in stopping the run. Atlanta's only games against good teams (Tampa Bay and Carolina) were blowout losses of identical 24-9 scores. The Bears will be able to handle them as well. Bears have a good run defence, and that will help contain Atlanta's main weapon.

2 Units
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-11-2008, 09:27 AM.

JML- GL!....not sure about laying 4 with the Eagles on the road, though. Up 14-0 last week and then the typical eagles implosion. Westbrook with broken ribs. I like it on paper and may tail, but the 49'ers are an improving team and im not sure where the eagles are headed.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

yeah...I'm just not sure those Niners are "improving". They were outgained by 178 and 155 yards their last two games, and their defence hasn't been stopping anyone not named Detroit. Philly lost their lead once again last week, yes...but that was against a good team and defence like the Skins. I really think it is a different level of talent between these two, especcially on defence. Philly's gone toe-to-toe with the good teams it's played, and blown out one weak team. SF has been badly out-classed in each of the 3 games it's played against quality opponents this year. I just don't think Philly can let this game get away.

Comment

gl with it, but I am worried about a lot of things with the eagles. First, how are they favored on the road after losing outright at home as a -7 fav without their best player? Also, their defense is beginning to wear down i think because the offense just cannot sustain drives and they are constantly on the field. I'm sure we will see about 40 throws from mcnabb this week as andy just doesn't even consider the run. Sorry to go on a rant, but I don't see how this team can be laying points right now. I sure hope they win though!

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
          gl with it, but I am worried about a lot of things with the eagles. First, how are they favored on the road after losing outright at home as a -7 fav without their best player? Also, their defense is beginning to wear down i think because the offense just cannot sustain drives and they are constantly on the field. I'm sure we will see about 40 throws from mcnabb this week as andy just doesn't even consider the run. Sorry to go on a rant, but I don't see how this team can be laying points right now. I sure hope they win though!
          A lot of great points
          NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
            Yeah, we'll see I guess. But its a bigtime step down in competition...SF does not have a good defence at all. The teams Philly have played recently all did. And I think Westbrook plays. It's one thing to lose to Wash, but this will be different IMO playing a weaker division. San Fran has not played well at home either...NE & NO dominated them.

Comment

this is true. Good luck with it:thumbs:

Comment

Gl JML! Not that I am an english major..but it is defense:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                  Gl JML! Not that I am an english major..but it is defense:thumbs:
                  In the US it is, in the rest of the world it's "defence". :thumbs:

Thanks....GL 2U2!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    In the US it is, in the rest of the world it's "defence". :thumbs:

Thanks....GL 2U2!
                    color colour

sportscenter sportscentre

underwear underware

English system Metric system

potato potAto potatoe Dan Quayle

Murphy Brown

who stars in Boston Legal with

William Shatner who costars with

James Spader who was in Frasier

which same said TV sitcom also had

thats right Kevin Bacon

thanks for playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon :thumbs:

:thumbs:
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                      color colour

sportscenter sportscentre

underwear underware

English system Metric system

potato potAto potatoe Dan Quayle

Murphy Brown

who stars in Boston Legal with

William Shatner who costars with

James Spader who was in Frasier

which same said TV sitcom also had

thats right Kevin Bacon

thanks for playing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon :thumbs:

:thumbs:
                      i thought kevin bacon was killed by an angry mob on the streets of faber....:dunno:
                      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

mmmmm, Bacon
                        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-08-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

lol....wow....what a mess of a thread :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf
                            Mod, please remove that dumb **** from my thread.

:puke:
                            how dare you.

what has Tina Fey done to you? :nono:
                            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

What's with all the political crap in JML's thread especially since it seems like JML doesn't want it? There's a political forum for that.
                              Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Working...
                              X