No announcement yet.

What do you think??? Browns vs' G-men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to mention I've had one too many beers, but that was after I handicapped this game.
    2009 NCAA Football
    Record: 41-38-1
    +/- Units: +1.69

2009 NFL Football
    Record: 11-14-0
    +/- Units: -2.71

2009-10 NBA Basketball
    Record: 15-15-2
    +/- Units: -0.68

All favorites to win 1 unit, all dogs to win 1 unit, unless otherwise noted!

<-- look at him go!

Comment

Originally posted by ncsucharlie View Post
      yeah, because the Giants are equal to the Redskins... you take the Doo doo browns and I'll take the Super Bowl champs.

:laughing:

Good luck, hopefully I'll gain you guys respect after a few more weeks of posting. I stopped coming to this site because everyone is almost always opposite of the public and thinking they've got some kind of corner on knowledge. Good luck to you guys though tonight.

:thumbs:
      All good.........Its your money your giving away
      In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
      The Grateful Dead..........
      "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Comment

usually home dog by over a touchdown on MNF is a great bargain, but I don't think that is the case tonight. The browns are garbage, and should be outclassed tonight, at least on paper.
        2009 NCAA Football

2009 NFL Football

2009-10 NBA Basketball

<-- look at him go!

Comment

honestly I think you guys are out thinking yourselves on this game.. we'll find out in about 3 hours and 25 minutes, or there abouts.

Regardless, it's a good discussion we have going on.
          2009 NCAA Football

2009 NFL Football

2009-10 NBA Basketball

<-- look at him go!

Comment

good luck to you "underdog" seems you already disposed to betting ****ty teams.

Not exactly, just like to try & find the winning side:thumbs:

I'm not even on the Browns+8, have them +14.5 to close out a parlay. I do think this line is inflated due to the Giants laying a beatdown on Seattle. Exactly what have the Giants proven beating the last 3 teams? That they win big 2 out of 3 times to teams with a combined 2-14 record? They beat Washington opening game (I was on them), but anyone who watched that game saw how badly the Skins performed. My point is they haven't been in a situation where they have been tested. They haven't fallen behind because of an early fumble resulting in a td. They haven't been tested this season! They may very well be the best team in the NFL, but talk to me in November, when they play @Pitt, vs Dallas, @Philly, vs Balty & @ Zona. I think until then they are a team that has beaten the teams they should beat.

The Browns are off a bye & got dismantled in the preseason by the Giants, which should be used as motivation by Crennel if he has half a brain. I'll admit that's could be a stretch for revenge, but at this point the Browns need something to change & quickly. What better time to show what you got than on MNF? The funny thing is at the beginning of the season, this game would have been NYG-5.5. Inflation. Everyone & their mother was calling the Browns a sleeper team, & now they are trash? Everyone is talking about no Winslow, but it looks like Stallworth will go tonight. At the very least it takes a bit of pressure off Braylon, & opens up the field. The Browns D has not looked good, but very few teams do when they play @Ravens & vs Pitt. This is make or break for Anderson IMO, so we'll see what happens. I think both teams will be able to put ponts on the board today, so I'm rolling with the over. Will likely throw a little on the 1sth moneyline, hopefully the Browns come out fired up. I'm hoping for a MNF game like the Bills/Dallas last year. only with a happier ending :sm:
            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Good luck, hopefully I'll gain you guys respect after a few more weeks of posting.
              This is exactly how to do it too- pick a fave to win because they are the "best team" then provide no reasoning. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                This is exactly how to do it too- pick a fave to win because they are the "best team" then provide no reasoning. :thumbs:
                :laughing: :laughing:
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                  He may learn after losing a few grand......:flush:
                  In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
                  The Grateful Dead..........
                  "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Comment

Underdog, I appreciate your write up, and respect it. And believe me I do see the point you are trying to make. However (you knew that was coming :beer2: )

They haven't been tested this season!
                    The Browns are supposed to be that test? Maybe for +9. Like I said before though I got the Giants at -7.5.

The giants are getting P. Burress back tonight, and he should provide for an even more explosive offense. The Giants are the most balanced team in the NFL at this stage of the season (IMO).. I wouldn't be suprised to see Derek Anderson pulled mid way through the 2nd quarter going against the GMen defense ... as I said before, and I could definitely be wrong, that you guys are out thinking yourselves.

GL though to all you guys on the Browns tonight, please don't run me out of town if they cover. This is the fun of gambling, and I appreciate this thread to have this discussion before kick off.
                    2009 NCAA Football

2009 NFL Football

2009-10 NBA Basketball

<-- look at him go!

Comment

The Browns are supposed to be that test? Maybe for +9. Like I said before though I got the Giants at -7.5.
                      Guess what? -9 = -7.5 :thumbs:

What are the odds the game falls in between? Not enough.

Comment

GLTA :thumbs:

Hopefully it's at least exciting....like 4 tds in the first quarter would be nice hehe

Comment

like 4 tds in the first quarter would be nice hehe
                          for the G MEN! :eeek:

Good luck to all, sorry for stirring the pot lol! I'll take my lumps in this thread if the Browns cover.
                          2009 NCAA Football

2009 NFL Football

2009-10 NBA Basketball

<-- look at him go!

Comment

yeah, because the Giants are equal to the Redskins... you take the Doo doo browns and I'll take the Super Bowl champs.

Good luck, hopefully I'll gain you guys respect after a few more weeks of posting. I stopped coming to this site because everyone is almost always opposite of the public and thinking they've got some kind of corner on knowledge. Good luck to you guys though tonight.

:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              actually a good article for you to check out was posted in the CFB forum last week....have a gander...:thumbs:

http://www.predictem.com/forums/coll...ng-action.html
                              definitely good info--I've always known that these lines weren't meant to get the play to be exactly 50/50, and figured vegas had a good way of making more money than 10% on some games than others. However--I always thought it was the sharps that keep some lines in place because they bet larger sums of money. Doesn't matter if 70% of people are betting NYG if 70% of the MONEY is on CLV for example. I think regardless we're both looking at the same trends.

Interesting discussion nonetheless.:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by tdawgmd View Post
                                definitely good info--I've always known that these lines weren't meant to get the play to be exactly 50/50, and figured vegas had a good way of making more money than 10% on some games than others. However--I always thought it was the sharps that keep some lines in place because they bet larger sums of money. Doesn't matter if 70% of people are betting NYG if 70% of the MONEY is on CLV for example. I think regardless we're both looking at the same trends.

Interesting discussion nonetheless.:thumbs:
                                Also Look at the ML% .. at the big 7+pt spread, there was 52% on the browns ml! :beer2:

Comment

Working...
                                X