Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys--PACMAN OUT AND THEY HAVE GOTTEN ROY WILLIAMS FROM DETROIT IN TRADE...!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys--PACMAN OUT AND THEY HAVE GOTTEN ROY WILLIAMS FROM DETROIT IN TRADE...!!!!

1!

MLB 24-13 :thumbs:

Looks like the Titans knew what they were doing.

Looks like the Lions got the better end of the deal.
    a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
    Sides: +17.4 units
    Totals: +0 units
    In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
    Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Williams = less balls for T.O. = T.O. meltdown in a few weeks? lol.

Comment

hofin-- i agree with the pacman deal, but on the Roy Williams deal, i think it will open Owens up more.. hell he is going getting about 3-4 catches per game anyway..

MLB 24-13 :thumbs:

Comment

A 1st, third, and sixth round pick for Roy and a 7th. This might be the best deal the Lions have ever made. Assuming they don't take a WR with the 1st rounder.:laughing:

Williams is a ball droppin, bad route runnin cry baby.

Comment

Why does it even make sense for Dallas to trade for a WR at this point? Looks to me like the WR position is the least of their worries, unless the trade involves GETTING RID OF T.O.

Yea well, when you already have the antics of T.O. and Pukeman Jones on the same team, and your head coach is nothing more than glorified cheerleader, why start doing sensible things now?

Besides, you'd think for that hefty price, they could have at least gotten a wide out worth a ****.

But hey, maybe they're trying to get every guy named Roy Williams on their team.

Maybe they're grab the boxer Roy Williams Jr next :laughing:

Comment

I agree stiff. IMO aside from Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton and Jason Witten are the most consistant players on the Dallas offense. Crayton is an under rated reciever and a great 3rd down option who isn't afraid to go over the middle and take a hit to catch a ball that keeps a drive going. Now with Williams, Crayton and Wittens production go down IMO and those are the two guys on offense I would be looking to get the ball to more instead of taking away pass catching opportunities to satisfy the ego's on the team. Williams was unhappy in Detroit becuase he wasn't the number 1 option. Now he will be playing on a Dallas team where he will come in as the number 3 passing target behind Owens and Witten, with B. Johnson throwing the rock for at least the next 4 weeks.
              NFL '12

Comment

it'd be a different story if Witten was sent out on every play but he isnt, he is a complete TE, he blocks as well as run routes therefore TO does see alot of double coverages.

all you have to do is look at the stats (easier if you play fantasy lol) and see other than witten and TO there is not a consistent 3rd passing threat.

one week it's Miles Austin, the other its Crayton.

They always say Crayton has the best hands on the team and in practice and on Hard Knocks lol, but its clear this guy is not clutch (when they need a 3rd down catch or when the games on the line) much less consistent.

couple that with the fact that Sam Hurd was considered to be a super sleeper and supposed young guy they were all waiting on until he injured his ankle in the last preseason game and I believe once they shut him down for the whole year, this just pushed the Roy Williams deal even further imo.

I dont think its that bad a deal (without sounding too homeristic):

1) TO will see more single coverages

2) There is a stigma that most Texas Longhorn players in the NFL are headcases and have been coddled too much by Mack Brown whether or not this is true, just looking at some of the recent Longhorn alumni aka Vince Young, Roy Williams, Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Chris Simms, Limas Sweed (who hasnt even played a game yet!), etc... and you could ASSUME that. but if Roy Williams is just even motivated to come back to Texas like Leonard Davis who quickly shed his reputation as a first round bust once he received huge $ and incentive to play for Dallas, then the Cowboys get a good deal IMO.

3) Williams is a good receiver, he busted onto the scene his rookie year but has since dropped in performance, more so last year and this year once Calvin Johnson crashed the party but I believe Jerry Jones will lock him up in a reasonable deal before this season ends and he hits the FA market mostly cuz his stats arent too good and he cant demand the farm...at least I dont think so lol

4) his age was and will be a factor since TO is getting old, and they needed to go young at WR.

I would say CB and WR were main concerns for this team and still is. they cant do much about CB until Terrance Newman comes back and Adam Jones is reinstated if he ever is not that he's been playing well, lots of rust.

People will name Crayton and Miles Austin as reasons not to trade for Roy Williams but just looking at how inconsistent both of them are, and how Romo cant even get the ball to TO but instead forcing it is a bad idea also lends itself to speak volumes why they gave up the bank for Williams.

I hope it works out lol but if it doesnt ehhh. :bang:
                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

I heard they gave him 45 million for 5 years:dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                    I heard they gave him 45 million for 5 years:dunno:
                    :bang: did the ghost of Matt Millen invade Jones' brain? lol
                    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
                      :bang: did the ghost of Matt Millen invade Jones' brain? lol

what brain...:dunno:
                      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Outside of a few punt returns, "PacMan" Jones never really was anything special.

When was the guy ever a "lockdown" corner?

I wouldn't expect **** out of him, weather he comes back or not.

He's only a nickname and a rap sheet away from being completely forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                        X