Furashu's Week 9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furashu's Week 9

Hello welcome to my 2nd week of betting!
    YTD 3-2 +1 Unit

This week
    Bills -5, 1 unit
    Eagles - 7, 1 unit
    Colts - 6, 1 unit

So far i chose the buffalo Bills(-5) 1 unit
    I chose the bills because theyre a great home team, they have great balance on offense and a solid defense. The NYJ are playing very inconsistent football as of late and barely won vs KC, lost to a bad team in OAK. i have their defense on fantasy and their pass rush isnt that great. buffalo runs the ball well.... NYJ cant stop the run. the stats on NYJ being like a top 15 run stopping defense is skewed because favre has really long drives and the teams they faced outside of miami and OAK were NE, SD( lt was hurt), ARI, CIN, and KC. So i like my chances with the good run and homefield for the bills this week! :thumbs:

will add one or two more plays later.

Good Luck Everyone!
    Last edited by Furashu; 10-29-2008, 12:34 AM.
    "Sports betting is a marathon, not a sprint"

Just added PHI -7 1 Unit
    I chose Philly because they came out and beat a pretty good ATL team imo. Westbrook is healthy their starting wrs are back and most importantly westbrook is back. he is the sun of the eagles offense! Even though seattle whomped on 49ers, i believe they were all distraught and confused with the firing of nolan. seattle at home is pretty dangerous to play, but i think philly is playing really well after mcnabb said hes embarassed about their football. :thumbs:

good luck all
    Last edited by Furashu; 10-29-2008, 12:33 AM.

Comment

also added INDY -6 1 unit
      I chose INDY because they are in a must win situation and they looked a lot better on MNF compared to the first 7 games of the season. I believe NE is overrated and barely won vs STL and the DEN win was a fluke. INDY's pass rush will get to Cassell... in a home game where they havent been doing so hot ironically, i like my chances with peyton and that leaky NE defense who surrendered 163 yards to a rookie in donnie avery. Reggie wayne,dallas clark and marvin harrison are a lot better group compared to.. avery,holt and antonio pittman. :thumbs:

good luck all!

Comment

First, welcome Furashu! Since, I was badly burned by Indy on MNF, I'll give my take. I say watch out for Indy... I had a similar mindset as you, thinking "they're better than this." But fact is that every year a few teams disappoint, and they are easily looking like one of the biggest. That MNF game just made me think how old this Colts offense is looking. I'm a huge fan of Jeff Saturday, and I know he's somewhat hobbled, but he didn't perform anywhere near his level from last year. In fact this whole O-line is looking a little old and isn't helping Peyton coming off surgery. I can make a case for him dropping out of the TOP 5 QBs in the game. While Wayne is a huge threat, Harrison has a ton of off the field drama going on, and I've talked to a few die hard Colts fans that are ready to call it a year based on what they've seen. Addai is coming back, most likely this week, but even he seems to be a slower version of himself from last year as well.

For what it's worth, I'm not drinking anymore of the Colts kool-aid right now. In previous years the Colts were on a 1:1 ratio with punts & TDs... this year is over 3:2. That just means they aren't stretching the field like they have in past years. They led the league in 1st downs in '05 and '06 and were 2nd behind NE last year. Not ironically they were last in punt attempts in '05 & '06 and 2nd to last in '07. This year they are tied for 18th in the league for 1st downs. By no means is this team on the rise right now, so I feel it's best to leave those teams alone. Good luck this week.
        Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 10-31-2008, 06:30 PM.
        "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

haha its funny cause i think the same thing about the patriots team.

the way i see indy is their o-line is finally getting healthy now. they would've smoked the titans defense if it wasnt for 2 tipped passes. one to wayne and one to clark wouldve gone for 50+ yards and a td.

thanks for your input, i will drink the colts kool-aid for one more week and if i dont hit ill follow your experienced outlook haha! gl on your plays and again thanks for your input

Comment

Added
            Cin +7 Halftime 1 unit basically
            gl for u 2nd half people too!

just added
            Ravens +3 1 unit
            Last edited by Furashu; 11-02-2008, 02:36 PM.

Comment

GL bud! I was with ya on the Ravens, close game now, hope it pulls out for us!
              NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
              MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
              MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
              NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
              Updated on 01/13/18
              ---
              One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by akatdrake View Post
                GL bud! I was with ya on the Ravens, close game now, hope it pulls out for us!
                haha woo we hit but friggen bungals... sigh

Falcons +1.5 1 unit

Giants -3.5
                giants had some dumb turn overs which kept dallas in the game, giants are playing a lot more physical.

Eagles -3.5
                those 7 pts was a blown coverage or something dumb by the eagles 2ndary.
                eagles will try to put the game out of reach or else theyll be in last place of the nfc east.
                Last edited by Furashu; 11-02-2008, 05:53 PM.

Comment

holy crap wtf was that ATL?
                  they went for it on 4th and 1 on the 24

when tey had a 24-0 lead

fishy i tell u what bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

pre- SNF went 4-3 today

won : eagles, eagles 2nd half, giants 2nd half, ravens 2nd half
                  loss: bills, bengals 2nd half, falcons 2nd half.

Good luck for SNF!

Just added Colts -4 First Half
                  Big Bob Sanders is back and so is joe addai, indy's o-line is back and this is a must win game or else theyll be far far behind the division title race or in a bad spot for wild card.
                  Last edited by Furashu; 11-02-2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

i will never drink from the colts kool-aid....... again Lol maybe not for a while...

loss :colts -6, colts first half -4

finished today 4-5 - 1 unit.

YTD 7-7

Comment

Working...
                    X