~~ BIFF'S NFL - WEEK 9 ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S NFL - WEEK 9 ~~

Got an early wager that I'm sure I'll be leaving on my card, so here to offer a look at one of my situational breakdowns. I'd like to hear some arguments for the Texans if they are out there. I'll have the rest of my plays tomorrow. Good luck to everyone this weekend!

HOU @ MIN

Passing Game

Gus Bus has passed for about 300 yards the past two games and has a connection with Berrian that is inching closer to the newly-heralded Johnson/Schaub hookup. Johnson has been held in check twice on the road this year and has not caught a TD in 3 games on the road. Griffin will be trouble with decent with downfield coverage. Most pass plays he gives up are the 10-15 yard range. Vikings have only allowed two 100-yard receivers all year, and only allowed 4 TDs to wideouts and never 2 in one game. Madieu Williams is back and will start. Solid upgrade over rookie Tyrell Johnson if he's healthy. Sidney Rice is also back on the offensive side of the ball for the Viks and gives Gus Bus one more solid target. Schaub has boosted his numbers so much in the past few weeks against week opposition that everyone seems to forget that he is a middle of the road QB. Frerotte looked horrible last week (4 INTs), but he was playing against the #1 pass deflection team in the NFL. Daniels is a viable option for the Texans, but the Vikings gave up their first TD to a TE last week in a skilled receiver Greg Olsen of the Bears who use their TE's quite a bit. I'm sure most will see the Texans as having an advantage in the pass game, but I'm not sold on Houston being a consistent pass offense especially on the road.

Ground Game

Ahman Green is questionable with a sore thigh. He practiced but is still game-time decision. Granted the schedule has been light, this team is much more potent running the ball when getting him 10 carries. If Slaton takes all the hits he should average 2-3 ypc this game. Take out a season long 50 yard run from Slaton and he's averaging under 3.5 ypc on the road this year, a whole yard less than at home. Slaton is a much better runner to the left sideline, scoring all 5 of his TDs on the ground to the left side. He'll have a tough matchup with quick Jared Allen at DE and Kevin Williams drawing double coverage next to him. Houston's 1st year strongside LB Diles is tender with a sore hamstring and DeMeco Ryans is admittedly in a mid-season swoon and clearly losing a step these past couple weeks. If they get soft in the middle AP will tear this secondary a new one. AP hasn't scored a TD at home yet this year after averaging 6.4 ypc at home last year. He went off the charts after the bye week last year putting over 200 yards against Chicago at Soldier Field! We haven't seen a 200 yard game from him yet. Texans are a prime candidate for 200+ yds. and 2 TD's.

Bottom line, the Texans have lost 6 straight road games and have no idea what they are getting into at the Metrodome. They are coming off two cream-puff opponents while the Vikings are a nice 5-1 ATS in last 6 years off a bye. Schaub says he's going to try and jump on the board early with shots downfield. I'm taking an improved Vikings secondary to accept his challenge.

2% SPREAD ($650) = VIKINGS -4 (-120)

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 11-01-2008, 05:11 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

one reason houston might win...
    sage rosenfels isnt gonna try to jump over three defenders...
    cause hes on the bench lol
    Gl!
    "Sports betting is a marathon, not a sprint"

Comment

Biff - think you are dead on..

Minn also faces 20th ranked Rush Def and the Texans are a pathetic 1-5 ATS on the road. With Minn coming off of a bye - perfect time (at home) to get things rolling again. It's time for AP to break out and I see Minn winning by 6 or more.

GL :thumbs:

Comment

Houston has only had 3 away games. They are 1-2 ATS on the road, and probably 2-6 on the season (or 2-5-1 if you count the Indy line at 4 where it ended up), with wins over Detroit and Miami as favorites that resulted in non covers, and either that non-cover or push vs Indy as a dog.

Comment

True that Furashu. It's game time... so better have your popcorn ready!

Haven't played a teaser since the 1st week, but I like what this one has to offer quite a bit. Taking 3 teams, a touchdown off the board, and for nice plus odds. Why not. I also really like Warner in his return to St. Louis to make this one a shootout.

1% TEASER ($350) = BUCCANEERS -2 ... PACKERS +11 ... GIANTS -1½ (+150)

2% TOTAL ($650) = CARDINALS @ RAMS - OVER 49 (-110)

Comment

GL Biff! With ya on the Vikings!
            NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
            MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
            MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
            NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---
            One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Good luck Biff

lovin Minn today
              Ya gotta look out for #1 or your gonna step in #2
              -Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Sorry this is at gametime... I'm having some serious loading problems for the site here.

2% SPREAD ($650) = GIANTS -8 (-120)

Comment

HAHA how funny sage actually came in the game and they almost won..

good play..
                  "Sports betting is a marathon, not a sprint"

Comment

Yeah, when Sage cam in I remembered what you said and I felt I was going to get some sort of poetic justice, but the Vikings were the right play regardless. I'm glad the Bucs were able to rally and keep my teaser alive, but missing that total by a FG is tough. I know the Rams offense is weak, but 13 points against the Cardinals on the road is downright pathetic.

Comment

I'm not going to be laying any points with the Colts right now until they put up a solid game, but I do think they can comfortably win this game as the Patriots banged up secondary will be an easier matchup for Peyton in the air. Flip side I see the Patriots having some success on the ground with LaMont Jordan being upgraded to probable. Bob Sanders will be back, but it's rarely that easy to fix in one week. Small situational action.

1% TEASER ($350) = COLTS -½ & OVER 38 (-110)

Comment

This one could have easily sailed over. Gaffney catches his TD pass or the Pats get the 1st down instead of the personal foul turning the ball over on downs w/ 4 min left. Tough breaks down the stretch allowed the Colts to burn the clock. Couple bad breaks, but otherwise a solid day. I more than likely will have a smaller play on the MNF game.

Comment

No pregame hype, just a good spot for Tomlin to break his 3-0 streak on MNF. I'm lowering my bet a little due to the increased odds so the risk is the same amount. Good luck to everyone with action tonight.

2% MONEYLINE ($500) - REDSKINS (-140)

Comment

Working...
                          X