No announcement yet.

***NFL Week 10 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots of early money coming in on Baltimore. Since monday they have gone from +2 to -1.

Comment

still like houston at home in that one, they are 3-1 with the lone loss coming against Indy. Balt on their third game on the road out of their last four I believe, gotta wear down at some point.

Comment

It'll be a lot of wind and possible snowing in Chicago. I would check the weather before I bet on the warm weather (dome) teams coming to the cold weather cities.

Comment

snow already!?

it rained for the first time in forever here in so cal. ten now we have a sunny forecast
          "Sports betting is a marathon, not a sprint"

Comment

Lions QB update

Stanton and Culpepper split snaps in practice today with Dante maybe getting just a few more than Drew. It's not much but I'll post anything I hear from here.

Comment

starting to like that DET +7.5 more and more!
              lions first win anybody?
              "Sports betting is a marathon, not a sprint"

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                I wanted to talk about the STL/NYJ a little. NYJ -8.5? Here is one of the lines where I think the public will be remembering last week a little too much and the line is anticipating that I think. Rams come back to earth and got blown out and the NYJ win at buffalo. Still the fact remains that Favre has been a turnover machine and did nothing in that game last week worth mentioning. They won the game solely on turnovers and some poor coahcing on buffalos part imo. I don't think the Jets are worth being more than a td fav to another team who I consider on their level despite NYJ being in the hunt for the division which is baffling to me. I would be inclined to take the rams or nothing in this game.

Leaning Rams as well Daws. They were in a bad spot against the Cards last week, with Zona needing to prove they can win on the road. Stephen Jackson was ineffective, was pulled early & booed after dropping a td pass. He was quoted as saying "I heard the boos, I'm hugely disappointed in myself." Gotta think if he starts he will be extremely motivated this week. A pick-6 & another turnovers in the second quarter... game was already over before it started. Now they are dogged to the Jets, by the same line that they were vs the Patriots?

I also have a lean to the over. IMO if the Rams keep it close or win, it's a good possibility they do so by getting a couple picks from Favre. At the same time, their defense is a bit scary, thinking both teams get to 20. :thumbs:
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Browns off a total collapse, getting outscored 17-0 in the fourth by the Ravens. I have concerns about their run defense (allowing 4.7 ypc/148 per game), but the Broncos defense is pretty sad itself. Denver's pass D has allowed 12 tds with just 3 ints this season. Brady Quinn should be able to get decent protection from the o-line, so I don't think he will struggle too much in the pass game, as long as Braylon can hold onto the ball. Jamal Lewis on last week's game "We didn't finish. That's the lesson of the day. Finish." Kind of makes me think he could have a big day. Add in the dangerous Cribbs returning the ball, & I think we have a good spot for an over.

Was originally leaning Browns, but I'm rethinking the play. Denver looked terrible last week vs Miami, & were held to 14 rushing yards! Have to believe they move the ball on the ground tonight vs the Browns D, which in turn should open up the passing game. Flacco was able to throw the ball fairly easily on the Browns last week, no reason Cutler won't be able to.
                  Last edited by Underdog88; 11-06-2008, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                    Lions QB update

Stanton and Culpepper split snaps in practice today with Dante maybe getting just a few more than Drew. It's not much but I'll post anything I hear from here.
                    Word on the radio today is, that they're still splitting snaps but Stanton is a long ways away from being a QB in the NFL.

Comment

Couple more things on the Lioness'. Starting Center Dominic Raiola has a cast on his right hand and has been trying to snap the ball left handed. Center is a very important position especially when having a new QB. And QB Dan Orlovsky has 2 fractures and strained or torn ligaments in his thumb and has been officialy ruled out this week.

Comment

I have an update on the Browns.

They suck donkey dick, and Kellen Winslow is a vagina

Comment

Steelers injury updates I heard on the radio:

Woodley is 50/50

Ben will be throw some today and they will decide tomorrow on his status.

Willie "Charmin" Parker will be out.....again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                            I have an update on the Browns.

They suck donkey dick, and Kellen Winslow is a vagina
                            LMAO:laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                              Couple more things on the Lioness'. Starting Center Dominic Raiola has a cast on his right hand and has been trying to snap the ball left handed. Center is a very important position especially when having a new QB. And QB Dan Orlovsky has 2 fractures and strained or torn ligaments in his thumb and has been officialy ruled out this week.
                              That's enough for me. I'm off this game. Don't think I can stomach backing this team with injuries & a ? at qb. Maybe a 1sth ml play but that's it. :sm:

Stif that was quite the update LMAO :laughing:

Comment

The Lions/Jags gets the "who would play either side of this piece of ****" award this weekend imo

If Orlovsky were starting, I'd take DET +6.5, but, he's not. I'm not backing Culpooper, especially not in his first start with a new team and having been out of the league forever. He couldn't lead Miami, who is now being led by Noodle Arm Pennington. Take that for what you will.

Same if Stanton starts. I think he'd discover that fact that he's no longer at Michigan St the hard way today.

At the same time, how could anyone back Jacksonville as a -6.5 road fave? They freakin stink to high heaven.

Here's my theory on this line...

Line is JAX -6.5 (-120ish) or thereabouts. So if you like JAX, you lay the -6.5 and whatever juice accompanies it.

If you like DET though, you probably buy to +7 (-120ish), or even more so, +7.5 (-130ish).

Now the books have both sides juiced to hell, so with 61% on JAX ATS, they can take a hit there if the public has the game right, and still possibly WIN money with seemingly everyone paying all that juice. I say possibly because there's no way of knowing exact dollar amounts on either side, even though we know the % of bets.

Either way, it's looking to me like they are trying to collect all the juice they can on BOTH sides in that contest.

I doubt it will land EXACTLY on 7....which is the only way they could get hurt, if my theory is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X