Clear All

• ..Week 10?...

Already??

Denver Broncos +160

2 Units
    NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

I think people might have lost faith in the broncos after that debacule against Miami. Really nice line and opportunity that needs to be recognized as part of my plays... Oh yea, Lets go Quinn!!!

Hey Thur. is closer than Sun.!!!!!
    :beerbang:
    Last edited by tampayay; 11-05-2008, 02:03 AM.

1 Unit = $50

Comment

Watching the line movement on this one and wanted to grab it in case it fell.....

Seattle Sea Hawks +9.5 -113

3*

1 Unit = $50

Comment

Let down spot in Miami, off that upset in Denver. Line looks a little inflated... And I don't think Sea is simply going to lie down and roll over dead. Not yet...... :thumbs:

1 Unit = $50

Comment

I've definitely lost faith in Denver. When any team goes on an 0-7 ATS streak it's time to wave the :surrender:

Good luck in Week 10 tampa. :th:
          "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

wow, nice job denver :beerbang:

On to the weekend... GLA

1 Unit = $50

Comment

Sorry to but back in here tampa, but all this pro Bronco talk is killing me. They have been very lucky and made their weak defense look competitive. It is far from it. I've met Mike when I was friends with Greg Robinson years ago. Nice guy, knows his stuff, but he's going to need a lot more than trickery to keep winning with this team. Any team that goes 0-7 ATS (much like going 7-0 ATS) in one season should be avoided at all costs in the 2nd half, especially when luck has been on their side. Do what you wish, but now with Torain going down, the Bronocos are a sinking ship in my book. Even with all their luck they've had this year, this is an 8-8 team at best. I bet they will play SD in Week 17 and see a season full of false hopes go down the drain.

Despite the win, if you honestly believe Denver was the right pick last night, you're crazy. Anderson probably could have been useful, but even with Quinn, the Browns had that game by the balls until they couldn't hold on to it down the stretch.
              Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 11-07-2008, 06:02 PM.
              "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

Comment

Biff,
                I normally don't interject into others discussions but taking Den in the 2ndH was a play i loved. My plays normally don't exceed 2 units (which for me is 6% of my current bankroll) but I laid 3 units on the Donks. Why? Though the 1stH score was 20-10 Den was walking, or should I say passing, up and down the field out gaining the Browns in the 1stH by 60 yards and converting more 3rd downs than Cle. Den missed a Prater chip shot from 38 and then left 3 points on the field at the end of the half with piss-poor time management. Couple that with the gift the Browns received at the Den 20 after a Cutler INT and that 1stH score could have very easily been 16-13 in Denvers favor. Obviously that wasn't the case but I mention that because it, imo, reflected the tone of the game up to that point. Hearing Chris Collinsworth say that the game had been one sided in the 1stH made me laugh. The score may have suggested so but we all know that scores only tell half the story. Minus the Cutler INT, Den crossed into Clev territory every drive of the 1stH. A trend that continued in the 2ndH to the tune of 24 points.
                Now I wont dispute the fact the Donkeys have been lucky more than they've been good. Bluntly, they stink. But when you say,"Any team that goes 0-7 ATS... should be avoided at all costs in the 2nd half," I agree--to a point. I mean Cle had the spread covered at half and even with a Den TD in the 2ndH Cle still would have had the spread covered at -2.5 for the game and at worst a push at 3. Now in this situation the books like to bait the public (which was on the Browns at around 60% ) by giving the covering favorites points in the 2ndH. I didn't anticipate that and was instead expecting a pick 'em but when I saw the Donks giving points it solidified my angle so much that I decided on a fairly rare 3 unit play.
                Having said all that, I don't think I need to say that you've quickly garnered respect as a capper around these parts, especially in the NFL, as is evident by your record but I felt a need to interject with my perspective on behalf of those who took the Donks 2ndH. I'm simply stating my opinion with respect to all others and I hope you don't take it any other way than that.
                Best of luck to everyone this weekend.
                Last edited by RahStahMan; 11-07-2008, 10:51 PM.
                ...toke on...

Comment

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
                  Despite the win, if you honestly believe Denver was the right pick last night, you're crazy. Anderson probably could have been useful, but even with Quinn, the Browns had that game by the balls until they couldn't hold on to it down the stretch.
                  I agree with every thing you've said but this. Were the Browns the right pick last week until they folded to the Ravens? Did that factor into anyone's thought process for last night's game? I originally leaned Browns, but then switched after rally thinking about how demoralizing the Ravens loss was. I guess the Browns could have responded 2 ways, & they choked yet again. The broncos came from behind & looked bad (were outplayed) most of the game for sure, yet won. So did the Titans vs the Colts & nobody said anything about the Titans! IMO it doesn't make them the right side that lost, but it's definitely a tough loss.... JMO

Tampa, I too think the Hawks are the right side there, but honestly they have cost me enough for the year. Hope you cash :thumbs:
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Minnesota Vikings -2.5

Buffalo Bills +170

3*

1 Unit = $50

Comment

I'm taking a break from nfl, ****s been whooping my ass. Time to chill . Will concentrate on ncaaf and nba. What a weird week.

1 Unit = $50

Comment

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
                        Sorry to but back in here tampa, but all this pro Bronco talk is killing me. They have been very lucky and made their weak defense look competitive. It is far from it. I've met Mike when I was friends with Greg Robinson years ago. Nice guy, knows his stuff, but he's going to need a lot more than trickery to keep winning with this team. Any team that goes 0-7 ATS (much like going 7-0 ATS) in one season should be avoided at all costs in the 2nd half, especially when luck has been on their side. Do what you wish, but now with Torain going down, the Bronocos are a sinking ship in my book. Even with all their luck they've had this year, this is an 8-8 team at best. I bet they will play SD in Week 17 and see a season full of false hopes go down the drain.

I don't know if you can call a winning play the wrong play, BUT yes denver should have by no means won that game. But calling a winning pick "crazy" is a little bit of a stretch in my opinion. A win is a win, But anyways...

1 Unit = $50

Comment

Working...
                        X