Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK 10 CHALK-TASTIC PICS

YTD 22-9

Pats -3(-125) - Pats are quietly playing some decent fundamentally sound old school pats football, Bills look like they may be reeling a bit, historically they cant beat the Pats, so I feel comfortable Pats win at home, so Ill lay the 3.

Carolina -9.5 - Its not often you see a team look as bad as Oakland looked last week. They looked like a sub-NFL squad, and I'm playing this game for a double bet, something I never do, this one just looks to have a ton of value, this team is releasing former pro-bowl level cornerbacks, their owner is bananas, their coach is an overwhelmed OLine coach, their star running back is out with double turf toe, the list really does go on...If this team can pull their **** together and compete, so be it, ill take the loss.

Bears +3 - Home dog, weather, crowd, defensive game, least confident of this one than any of my picks, but just see DA bears enjoying that role of giant killer and pulling this one off somehow, even though they are not as talented a unit as Tennekkee.

Packers +2.5 - Green Bay is a better football team than the Purple Jesus Crew, so ill gladly take some points, would be nice to get the full 3.
    Last edited by JoeyBallgame; 11-07-2008, 11:00 PM.

leaning toward

Det/Jags Under 44

and Chargers -15

Comment

Joey - good luck - Like GB, Carolina

don't like Chicago(Tenn is tough on the road and at home with the double headed RB monster as well as a great Def) Especially since chicago almost lost (or should have lost) to Detroit.

And KC has been playing better - who knows which SD team shows up...

GL :thumbs:

Comment

Like em ballgame...Ridiculous record thus far, keep up the good work my friend

Comment

adding

the chargers -14

under 44 Det/jags

Thanks guys, yeah the Chi town play is my least faithful one this week, BOL

Comment

TEN has only beaten one team with a winning record, Baltimore....and Baltimore sorta gave that game away. As did 4-4 GB and 3-5 HOU when they played TEN, who were both in scoring position all day and didn't do **** with it.

A sound victory over a really down Indy team is probably less impressive than advertised, and MIN is a decent team they should be credited for taking down, but other than that, they beat the awful Jags, Bungles and Chiefs.

Luckily for them they get DET yet too. Their whole schedule is pretty much a joke, with PIT being the only playoff caliber team they will even face. Well, i suppose GB, CHI or MIN has to get in by default because one of them has to win the division, lol, and indy could squeak in a wildcard spot due to a majorly weak 2H schedule....although they have done absolutely nothing worthy of being in the playoffs to this point either.

My point is that while TEN is obviously a good team, they are 8-0 by means of a weak schedule combined with a little luck, to go long with their solid play. This could easily be a 6-2 team, even against the less than stellar schedule they have played, and they would be catching the +3 this week, not laying it....so i agree, there is definitely value on CHI as a dog, Rex or not. It's not like the oddsmakers don't know Rex is playing, and Orton's success is probably more a result of the Bears actually having better players on offense, rather than he himself showing a drastic improvement, which leads me to believe rexy can have some success playing with these guys as well, instead of the stiffs he was made to line up with when he was their starter....
            Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 11-09-2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Looks like the doubters were

right in that Chi-Town pick Stif...thing is, if Grossman played just a little better, ChiTown would have pulled it out...thought they were the better team for most of the game...I think I said I played SDiego at 15 and 14...I actually got it in at 14, but will say I got it in for 15 for the purpose of record keeping...left with nothing but late game chalk...oh well, best of luck Stif and Cash...GO GIANTS TONIGHT!!!

Comment

Working...
              X