btk week 11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btk week 11

New England Patriots -3.5 - Just can not bet against the Pats in this spot. A few weeks ago just about everyone on the board was bashing the Jets and how bad they had underachieved thus far and Im glad to see that no one seems to be believing in them (unlike the public) after last weeks blowout against a terrible team. The addition of Ty Law will not mean much tonight IMO. There is a reason why this guy was not picked up by another team earlier in the season and its because he is old and over weight and his once physical style of play is not as easy to get away with in todays NFL. The move just adds to the Mangini/Bellicheck drama as it is ironic that the once Patriot, who was rumored to maybe reunifying with his former team, joins the Jets squand just days before the teams meet up, sort of a "ha we got him first" type of move.

IMO the Pats WR have the matchup advantage with whoever Law is defending, most likely Welker or Gaffney. The Pats took some deep shots with Welker last week and if Law is on him tonight IMO we see a lot more of that as WW has a significant speed advantage. If the Jets have to double Wes deep then Moss should have the middle of the field open. Cassel has had the playbook opened up to him more and more as the season has progressed and he has handled each step very well. If Law starts tonight it would be nice to see the Pats play action with a deep ball to open the game!

Weather calls for showers around noon and rain throughout with temps on the upper 40's. A buddy of mine works grounds crew at Gillette and says the field turf drains pretty well, I would imagine they would keep the tarp on as long as they can. Cassel hasn't had a tough weather game yet where as Farve, as much as he has blown this year, is (or maybe was) one of the best bad weather players there is. Will be interesting to see just how much rain we get before game time.

Public on the Jets right now at 57% witch is helping get a better number. See all pro Patriots posts here on the board so far. Just wondering the reasoning some had for the Jets if anyone here is going to be on them tonight. I can only think of a running game advantage the Jets may have.

NE radio this morning quoted a Jets D lineman from an article in the Post I believe, who stated he was sick to his stomach after the week 2 loss to New England and that he couldn't believe how bad the Jets offense played against such and old and slow Patriots Defense. The Jets player remained anonymous as he didn't want to be used as bulletin board material LOL! :thumbs:

4*
    Last edited by Billy The Kid; 11-13-2008, 10:42 AM.
    NFL '12

I agree the Jets have played a who's who of bad teams and yes they lost to the Raiders
    But the O-line has only played 9 games together same with the new guys on D .

I think they come out with a strong effort tonite and this game is decided by 3 points or
    less in a low scoring rainy windy night in foxboro IMO .

Jets + 3 1/2 3 units
    under 42 - 1 unit

tease Jets + 9 1/2
    under 48 - 1 unit

gl !!!!
    NFL 8-5 + 5.97

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Comment

Working...
    X