***Week 17 Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    I also agree with JML on the DAL/PHI game. If you can tell which DAL team is going to show up then you have a crystal ball.
    I faded Dallas last week with the Ravens, because they are a damn good team that is still fighting to get in the playoffs. Look at Dallas losses this season. Besides the divisional loss to Wash & the Rams (no Romo), all losses have been to playoff bound teams. Philly is 1-4 in the division, the team has quit. Dallas is gonna win this game, I have a crystal ball :thumbs:

Also looking into backing the Niners @home. Seems as if they have bought into Singletary & they want to win for him. The Skins got their revenge win last week over the Eagles, I think SF takes this one for Mike.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Bears ML over the Texans too. Still don't buy the Texans......
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
        Bears ML over the Texans too. Still don't buy the Texans......
        But you "buy" the Bears? And on the road? I sure don't.

Love the Texans at home myself ...they've been good at home, and are a better team than Chicago...probably by alot. I think they want a .500 record at least...and probably are a playoff caliber team if the ball bounces their way this year.

Bears are not a good team, especcially away....they are going to fold badly this week, IMO...maybe my favourite play of the week...
        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-26-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
          I faded Dallas last week with the Ravens, because they are a damn good team that is still fighting to get in the playoffs. Look at Dallas losses this season. Besides the divisional loss to Wash & the Rams (no Romo), all losses have been to playoff bound teams. Philly is 1-4 in the division, the team has quit. Dallas is gonna win this game, I have a crystal ball :thumbs:

Also looking into backing the Niners @home. Seems as if they have bought into Singletary & they want to win for him. The Skins got their revenge win last week over the Eagles, I think SF takes this one for Mike.
          Might tail you with Dallas....crystal ball sounds good to me...lol :beerbang:

Gl this week :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
            i looked at the denver line and thought the exact same thing. How the eff is SD back to being a -9 fav? They win one game and are now fixed? Do the books really think SD is back and kills Den? Weird line imo.
            I agree. Beating a free falling TB team is not a fix all. I wouldn't be shocked of Oakland beat TB today too. Denver looks like a real strong play to me, and the under doesn't look bad either

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              But you "buy" the Bears? And on the road? I sure don't.

Love the Texans at home myself ...they've been good at home, and are a better team than Chicago...probably by alot. I think they want a .500 record at least...and probably are a playoff caliber team if the ball bounces their way this year.

Bears are not a good team, especcially away....they are going to fold badly this week, IMO...maybe my favourite play of the week...
              I agree. The Bears stink, imho

Comment

The Cowboys are a bumbling mess. I don't know how you guys could back them as a road fave, ever, but to each his own. I may play the Eagles there....looking to play spoiler against the hated rival (and believe me, they're hated in Philly) Cowboys.

You can't tell me for one split second that these prima-donna Cowboys are excited to have the chance to squeak into the playoffs as the 6 seed after the high expectations they've had this year. This is a beaten down and underachieving bunch who knows they are going nowhere even if they do get in, and one who is ready to head on their fishing trips (NBA on TNT reference for those who don't watch NBA, lol), if you ask me.

I have seen absolutely nothing, nor do I have any reason to believe the Cowboys don't choke this game away today (assuming the Eagles are eliminated prior to kick off), just like they have every season since that goofy ****er Wade Phillips has been the head coach, Tony Romo has been the QB, and P.O.S., errrr, i mean T.O. has been their WR.

Comment

Indy cannot gain anything this week, and has clearly shown in the past that they will sit anyone and everyone once they have their playoff position locked up.

From what I hear, Collins will start for TEN, and at some point Vince will come in, with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove imo.....and against a questionable defense to boot.

I think Jeff Fisher is smart enough to want to head into the playoffs with a win....the same cannot be said for Tony Dungy, and he has proven it year after year by sitting everyone once their playoff seed is set.

I will be on TEN, 99% sure, unless I hear something from now till I put the play in.

Comment

I see a bunch on MIN this week. Why?

NYG can hardly "rest on their laurels" today, as clearly even with the OT win over Carolina, they are not exactly "rolling", so I'd think this game is meaningful to them. Coach Coughlin proved last year when the Giants had nothing to gain vs NE that he expects his team to go all out in every game, so I don't know why today would be different. IMO putting it all on the line in week 17 vs NE led to a super bowl win for NYG last year, as it gave them the confidence they could compete, and I have always felt that teams who "back into" the playoffs are likely to go down early (see Indy every year), and most coaches know this.

MIN sucks (my opinion), and to that they are laying a TD vs the Giants is inflated, to say the least.

Unless I'm misled and NYG will be sitting everyone?

Either way, I can't see me playing MIN there....as it looks to me like just another classic case of the team needing the win drawing a ridiculous line (see TB over OAK, lol), and if this were any other game, I don't think there is one person here who would look at MIN -7 vs NYG and say "wow, now there's a strong play!!", so like I said, unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure why it is today either??
                    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 12-28-2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                      The Cowboys are a bumbling mess. I don't know how you guys could back them as a road fave, ever, but to each his own. I may play the Eagles there....looking to play spoiler against the hated rival (and believe me, they're hated in Philly) Cowboys.

You can't tell me for one split second that these prima-donna Cowboys are excited to have the chance to squeak into the playoffs as the 6 seed after the high expectations they've had this year. This is a beaten down and underachieving bunch who knows they are going nowhere even if they do get in, and one who is ready to head on their fishing trips (NBA on TNT reference for those who don't watch NBA, lol), if you ask me.

I have seen absolutely nothing, nor do I have any reason to believe the Cowboys don't choke this game away today (assuming the Eagles are eliminated prior to kick off), just like they have every season since that goofy ****er Wade Phillips has been the head coach, Tony Romo has been the QB, and P.O.S., errrr, i mean T.O. has been their WR.
                      My bad, Dallas is +1, not -1. Still, i feel the same....

Comment

BTW, if you like Philly, you might want to wait until TB is winning vs OAK late (IF they are), in which case you will probably get a sweet dog line on them, as public money is sure to pile in on Dallas late if Philly is eliminated.

Comment

This AM on an early sportscenter, they were discussing the NE/Buf matchup and reported 40 mile an hour winds and driving rain. Snagged the under at 41, and it is down to 35 now. Never know when Berman and cronies may actually give some useful information.

Comment

Stiff, I thought the same thing on Minn. My falcons beat them like a drum last week, and the only thing that kept that game close was some questionable calls. I think Coughlin has his blueprint for winning--see last year. Add to that that the Giants are the best road team in recent memory, and it feels like a late Christmas present getting the Giants and 7 points.

I also agree on Tenn, but I am looking for a good indicator that Fisher won't yank the guys out early. Other thing that concerns me is that the colts are riding this long win streak, and it makes me nervous that Dungy may want to keep that momentum going into the playoffs. I think the colts will be in it to win it if the Titans lay back early. May be a no play for me.

As far as philly is concerned, they really haven't played anyone in their "good" play of late. Dallas has been playing good D (minus the last 5 minutes against the ravens) and has more offense than the Skins(who doesnt?). I could easily see the boys ponying up to win that game and finally playing up to all of the preseason hype.
                            Last edited by tdawgmd; 12-28-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                              Cowboys...... who is ready to head on their fishing trips

a--hole TO and pacmanloser jones gone fishin'.........:beerbang: :beerbang:
                              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
                              X