Week 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 17

I figured out my record after not updating it for about 5 weeks, for what it's worth....

reg plays 120-102 (+11.50 units)
    dog ml's 22-33 (+4.85 units)
    overall 142-135 (+16.35 units)

1pm plays:

Tennessee Titans -3 (+105)

History has shown that Indy doesn't compete after their playoff spot is locked in. I believe Tennessee will, and I have also heard Vince gets some playing time today. I think he will have a chip on his shoulder and want to put some points on the board.

Buffalo Bills +6.5

This is the WTF line of the week. This BEGS for NE money, and it's sure as hell getting it, with 80% of the public piling on NE. NE OWNS BUF, plus NE needs the win, while BUF is eliminated, and all I have to do is pick a winner? I have to fade the obvious here. There has been line movement during the week to suggest sharp money on BUF too, although I will admit, as a Bills fan I have no idea what they see in this play, lol, nor do i have any idea why the oddsmakers/books would take a stand on BUF today.

Houston Texases -3 (+100)

I agree with JML here. Chicago sucks and I think they get exposed big time in this game.

Oakland Raiderettes +13

Nice line, lol. Tampon Bay needs a tampon to stop the bleeding. That old ass D can't stop anyone, especially on the ground....what Oakland does best. This line is atrocious, imho.

New Orleans Aints ml +100

This line sucks, but it's the best I can do. Anyway, Atlanta isn't losing to the Lambs, therefore Carolina will have nothing to play for, probably by the half. Brees is going for the passing record, and hopefully he gets it against those backups Carolina will probably be parading out there once Atlanta is comfortably ahead of the lifeless Lambs. I'd still take the Aints as a home dog here if this game mattered to Carolina though to be quite honest, so if Carolina rests people in the 2H, it's just a bonus.

2 units each

GL Stif. :beerbang: BTW, car has something to play for :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
      I figured out my record after not updating it for about 5 weeks, for what it's worth....

New Orleans Aints ml +100

This line sucks, but it's the best I can do. Anyway, Atlanta isn't losing to the Lambs, therefore Carolina will have nothing to play for, probably by the half. Brees is going for the passing record, and hopefully he gets it against those backups Carolina will probably be parading out there once Atlanta is comfortably ahead of the lifeless Lambs. I'd still take the Aints as a home dog here if this game mattered to Carolina though to be quite honest, so if Carolina rests people in the 2H, it's just a bonus.

Hey, Stif....if Atlanta isn't losing to the Lambs, then Carolina will have everything to play for, right? If Atlanta wins, Carolina will need to win in order to win the division, otherwise they will fall into the Wild Card.

Murph

Comment

Yea, my fault, lol. I had misunderstood what was needed to win the division there.

In any case, it doesn't matter to me. Like i said in the write up, i like the Aints anyway, and if CAR had nothing to play for, it would just be a bonus.

Comment

1pm add:

NY Giants +7

I have been debating this one all day, but I just can't see the Giants not competing here, and if that's the case, I don't think there is a person in the world who would say this isn't a terrible line. If the Giants lay down for Minny, then F them.

2 units

Comment

like the Buff and NO plays.

I don't like Oak, because I think they are on cruise control to the golf course. They have got their asses handed to them by the NFC this year. They also have 50% of the pub on them, which to me is a bigass warning sign.

GL Stif. :beerbang:
            Go Boilers!
            thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
            NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
            NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
            NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
            NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
            NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
            NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
            NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
            NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
            NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

4pm games:

Arizona Cardinals -7

How does Arizona not bring their "A" game here after getting their back door rammed at NE last week? Heading into the playoffs with a blowout loss and then a divisional home loss to a bad team isn't exactly the way to get it done. Seattle blew their load for Holmgren last week @ home vs the Jets.

Philadelphia Eagles -1

I'm afraid this game will matter to Philly, and the line might move to a more realistic -3. Dallas is the most overrated team in the league, period. Their offense is a bumbling mess, and I think some of them have given up. I'm not going to allow myself to be discouraged by the awful performance of the Eagles last week @ Washington.

NY Jets -3 (+105)

Miami's carriage turns into a pumpkin today. Yea, they're beating the bad teams they should be beating, while the Jets are ****ting all over themselves every time they go west, but that just gets them a generous line today. The Jets are the more talented team here, and if they can put together a decent game, they will win, weather Noodle Arm likes it or not.

2 units each

I hope Detroit goes 0-16. Those stupid MF's cost me probably 20 units this year. Of course, now that I am NOT playing them, they will not only cover, but will also cash that big ml :puke:

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
                like the Buff and NO plays.

I don't like Oak, because I think they are on cruise control to the golf course. They have got their asses handed to them by the NFC this year. They also have 50% of the pub on them, which to me is a bigass warning sign.

GL Stif. :beerbang:
                Yea, but it's not like the line is TB -7.5. Not sure what more the books could do rather than put up +13. They get KILLED by sharp money at +14 or more, imho

You could be right, but TB is free falling. They can't stop the run, and to expect a 2 TD win out of them is asking far too much, especially against a team whose strength is running and defense. Oakland isn't that bad if Russell doesn't have to do too much, lol

Comment

GL today Stif! :thumbs:
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Oakland wins outright :thumbs:

There ya go Eagles. Win and you're in.....

Comment

nice effort by your bills...:thumbs:...lmao....give up 13 points and can't cover 6-7 points....story of their season
                      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Yea, under those nice conditions, they should have had what? At least 31 to 35 points i'd think....but it would have been nice if they could have at least managed a TD.

Comment

add:

Denver +7

2 units

Comment

Adding the under. I got 2 different lines here cause i made one play earlier for 1 unit, then it moved before i decided to add the second:

Den/SD under 49.5 (-105)
                            Den/SD under 50 (-110)

1 unit each

Comment

LOL, and boy do the Jets suck. Time for Favre to pack it in. Congrats to Miami though. Heck of a nice season for them.

I wonder how it feels for NE to be 11-5 and NOT make the playoffs?

Karma sucks, Mr Bellicheat :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X