~~ BIFF'S NFL - PLAYOFFS ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S NFL - PLAYOFFS ~~

First play for me in the wild card round. I had a lean towards the Over in the early game, but I laid off at halftime w/ 31 points scored. In tonight's matchup I'm not worried about LT's groin... I'd rather have Sproles run the show anyways. They aren't hurting with him in the backfield. I remember I had a few people disagree when I said this is not prime Colts football right now. And after their first shutout in 11 years last week, I'm sure most would continue to disagree. However, I feel like Peyton getting MVP and the Colts having success w/o any running game is all a dream that I feel could end quickly tonight. Chargers have been playing elimination games for the past 4 weeks, out gaining their opponent in each game. The Colts are looking to go 10-0 by taking a 2nd game from San Diego at home this year. Rivers has been very good in close games, a spot where Peyton has been quite average. Unless the Colts connect deep all night, this one should be a good fight. (Colts won by 3 in win #4 of their current streak.) I'm not a fan of Norv Turner, but I think Dungy is going to want one more year with Peyton after a first round loss. Also, knowing Brandon Lang is going for his 3rd straight big bet of the year after wins with Ole Miss and Georgia the past two days put most of my "sucker" doubts to rest. Best of luck to everyone! :thumbs:

2% MONEYLINE = CHARGERS (+120)

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 01-03-2009, 07:25 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

SAN DIEGOOO.. SUPER CHARGERS!

Hell of a game. :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
      I'd rather have Sproles run the show anyways.
      That was my thought too! :beerbang:

No LT? No problem! Sproles leads Bolts past Colts with 328 Combined yards

:beerbang:

Comment

here's a flashback:

<object width="600" height="450"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4PsgXbvTuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4PsgXbvTuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="600" height="450"></embed></object>

Comment

Nice film homedawg! It was great to see him earn a victory for his team after fumbling on the 1 yard line earlier. Sweet performance!

Just going small in this afternoon game because of all the intangibles... Westbrook, Tarvaris, the Vikings weakened DL. I do think Philly has earned a spot more so than Tampa or Chicago in this game, and Andy Reid has always made it past the 1st round. The Eagles should be okay with the noise. While the Vikings defense has been good, Philly and McNabb appear to be ready to get the offense going on the road. I need 10 points less than both of these two teams saw in a game on average this year. Might seem like a chump bet, but the odds seem very right in a game that I win if it's decided by a FG granted one team breaks the teens. I may make a 2nd half bet on the Eagles as well if they are down at the half. Best of luck everyone.

1% TEASER = EAGLES +3½ & OVER 34 (-120)

--
          Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 01-04-2009, 04:19 PM. Reason: fixed the line. waited and got 34.

Comment

Nice weekend Biff!
            Ya gotta look out for #1 or your gonna step in #2
            -Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Thanks Rawhide! :thumbs:

Good Luck w/ the rest of the playoffs! I don't know about you, but I'm loving these matchups!

Comment

Nice! :thumbs:

Comment

Sat., Jan. 10th ~~ Divisional Round

Very excited the divisional round is here... I though I'd throw in some numbers I've found for those interested.

1) Since 2004, any NFL playoff team off a first -round bye favored by six or more owns a record of 5-11 ATS. (PIT & CAR)

2) Since 1976, the highest % of wins in any point spread category is for home faves of 7-9½ points, a record of 24-18 ATS. (CAR)

Anquan Boldin isn't close to being 100%, while DeAngelo Williams is on a tear of a lifetime. I don't expect Edge do nearly as much as he did last week against a less than physical Falcons defense. If the weather becomes a factor and Kurt has trouble slinging the ball downfield this powerful offense could sputter. If they do, I expect Fox and Carolina to go for the jugular. Simply put, despite this being the playoffs, the Cardinals have come up short on the road all year. I'm splitting this 2% bet by taking some on the 1st Half spread. John Fox definitely doesn't take any team lightly, and he's going to want to build a cushion in the 1st half. The overall result... John Fox is 6-1 ATS in the postseason as Carolina’s head coach, and I'm looking to make that 7-1 ATS after tonight. Best of luck to everyone.

1% 1st HALF SPREAD = PANTHERS -6½ (-115)

*RISKING $345 TO WIN $300

1% SPREAD = PANTHERS -9½ (-110)

*RISKING $440 TO WIN $400

--
                  Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 01-10-2009, 07:22 PM. Reason: date change

Comment

GL Biff like it:beerbang:
                    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

GL
                      NBA: About evenish

1 Unit = $50

To the new season :beerbang:

Comment

Sorry this is so close to kickoff, good luck to everyone today.

1% 1st HALF TOTAL = EAGLES @ GIANTS - OVER 19½ (-115)

--

Comment

Tough break on the 1st half line. If Carney makes that FG I'm in the money. The plan was to split a 2% wager again, but this time I waited until the 2nd half to get a cheaper line in case the 1st half fell short. If the 1st half went over I would have stopped, but since that didn't happen here's the 2nd half bet. I can only hope for better results in the final 30 min. As always, best of luck.

1% 2nd HALF TOTAL = EAGLES @ GIANTS - OVER 18 (-105)

Comment

Lord only knows what I'd do if I got Jake Delhomme and Eli Manning in the same room. :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
                              Lord only knows what I'd do if I got Jake Delhomme and Eli Manning in the same room. :bang:
                              put on the opposite teams' jerseys and you would probably catch a football.....:laughing:

GL!....
                              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
                              X