Divisional Round Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    daws- i would love to see your PHI win that game.....especially after PHI fan **** all over donovan and andy reid this year as they always do. If they can hold the NYG running game in check they win IMO. And Burress as someone pointed out being out is a big edge for PHI because you can single cover any other NYG receiver which leaves more guys to stack the box.
    FF..

I will continue to **** on Andy Reid for one reason and one reason only, the guy blew multiple games during the regular season with his horrific playcalling, and you want to know why the Eagles are doing good now, because the media and everyone in PHL was calling for Reid's head because of his unbalanced attack, I mean who the hell throws the ball 63 times against the Bengals, they had the worst run D in the NFL.....He tried to blow the season for the Eagles and luckily we fell into a playoff spot, but that doesn't mean I dont think the Eagles are good, I just thought Reid mismanages his players and makes some bad calls...He is finally being a man and going with a balanced attack, and he stopped playing LJ Smith and the offense is starting to fire a little bit better,and I can say that I have been very happy with how he has coached over the last couple weeks, we just cant afford another hiccup(ie WSH, Cin, Chic, Balt). I am one that has no problem with 5 though, the guy has carried the franchise for years... Kolb blows plain and simple, and I dont think he will EVER be an NFL QB, maybe the next Bobby Hoying.....but for this game I love how ESPN keeps on saying that Jacobs didnt play in the game at the Meadowlands, I guess it was someone else wearing 27 that had 10 carries for 52 yds and got knocked out of the game....but the Eagles D is playing out of their minds right now, they have depth on the front 4, a solid LB corps, and a very nice secondary...I really think ELI isnt nearly as good without Plax in the lineup, I mean that guy brings a different dimension to the game with his size, speed, and hands.....Westbrook is the guy to watch out for, he has his best games at the Meadowlands, dont see why its any different this week....Giants have lost 4 of their last 5 I beleive, and they squeaked by Carolina, I mean this team isnt exactly firing right now, their D has been exploited lately and if the Eagles have a balanced attack, I think the Eagles beat them....24-20 Birds....

The other game I like alot is Baltimore...Tennessee is another team that limped into the playoffs and now are expected to turn it on....pretty tough to turn it on when you have Kerry Collins going against the hottest D in the NFL right now...Flacco is prone to make mistakes, but I think Harbaugh will have him manage the game as best as possible, and try to win the battle of field position and give McClain/McGahee the bulk of the work to try and wear down a Tenn D that hasnt really played in 3 weeks.... but I think Ed Reed is the biggest playmaker on the field and he will make Tennessee pay, Baltimore has also won 4 of 5 at TEN....alot of the same players too....16-13 Ravens here....

I am with a lot of you guys on Pittsburgh as well, the Chargers got fortunate with their 1st riound matchup playing the team they match up with the best....but this week they are heading into the elements and facing a team with the nastiest LB corps in the NFL and a play making safety...IMO no LT, no way Sproles is gonna be able to carve through Pitt's D like he did vs Indys Swiss Cheese Run D....this one wont be pretty either, but Pitt's D will make Rivers turn it over and Pitt will do what they do all year play good enough D and get just enough O to win....17-6 Steelers

the last game is probably my weakest lean, but it would be too Car and Over...Arz shot their wad with the win over ATL, now Boldin is hurting and they have to face a power running team and a great WR, and a great coach as welll....Arz has shown it doesnt travel well when going East, even though they kept it within 4 the 1st time, I think Carolina gets pressure and they have no problems scoring at will....blowout here IMO.....37-20 Panthers...
    To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
    2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

PF3- I agree somewhat on Andy Reid, but give me a break on the PHI running game. For whatever reason, westbrook nor any other running back has ever been able to run between the tackles or run much at all for that matter. Westbrook is a lot closer to a good WR than he is to a good RB. They need to find a fullback or a back that is durable and can go between the tackles. So in some regards (unless he is in charge of the talent which i don't know if he is or isn't) i can't fault andy reid. And PHI ranks right in the middle of the pack in Rushes/Game so i don't really know what all the hubbub is about PHI not running the ball. I think you need balance to win period in the NFL and nobody is going to win a game throwing the ball 63 times. What is saving PHI is their D which is ranked in the top 5 in just about every category but a couple. Jim Johnston/Johnson whatever his name is, he's really dialing up some good D right now.

and there's never a fan in sports that is quicker to turn on his team/coach/players than PHI fans....:thumbs:...
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Correl Buckhalter:conf:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          I'm not sure about that. I see alot of people stating that 6 points is way too much. I don't think the public consensus is that SD is a team that "has no business being in the playoffs". Not anymore anyway. We seem to be the minority. The SD love-in is officially back in flight, IMO. I see people talking momentum and streaks, and destiny with SD. I see GOY's on SD. I see people screaming value with SD. "how can a hot team like SD be getting 6 in the playoffs". If the books wanted Steelers money, they should have made it 3/4...cause they're not getting it with 6, from what I can see. In fact more money seems to be coming in on SD so far.
          I think you hit the nail right on the head, and I couldn't agree more.

And from what I've seen, no significant talk of Gates and LT being limited or out. That's gonna matter a hell of alot more when that smashmouth Pittsburgh D is laying the wood than that pansy run defense of Indy that looked like a bunch of bullfighters lost without their red capes all day...
          Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 01-08-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Oh yea, didn't that Vincent Jackson get busted for another DUI the other day?

That's gotta be a distraction, at least to him.

SD is a mess. They're gonna get blown out by Pittsburgh, imho....

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
              I think you hit the nail right on the head, and I couldn't agree more.

And from what I've seen, no significant talk of Gates and LT being limited or out. That's gonna matter a hell of alot more when that smashmouth Pittsburgh D is laying the wood than that pansy run defense of Indy that looked like a bunch of bullfighters lost without their red capes all day...
              stif- joe public has always been "what's the last thing that i saw" handicappers. it is kind of funny how all of a sudden as i said earlier, SDG is back, they've arrived, they're on fire and all the other things ive seen/read/heard. Peyton Manning and Tony Dingy are perennial post season chokes (with the one year exception). If there is ever a team that gets less out of more in the postseason it's that combo. Not true for PIT. I think playing Indy in the 1R created even more of a false sense for SDG. And now sproles is the answer to everything....:dunno:....i still stand by my original stance that SDG may not crack the endzone in that one.
              Last edited by FlyersFan; 01-08-2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

alright. You guys have officially changed my mind about SD. They do suck and I've said that all season, not sure why I am changing my mind now.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                  alright. You guys have officially changed my mind about SD. They do suck and I've said that all season,
                  welcome to the dark side....:beerbang:...and the right side

Comment

Working...
                  X