No announcement yet.

Playoff System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-Oct-04 //Wk5// Rams //Site: A// Seahawks //Line: 7 //Total: 43.5 //Score: 33 - 27 //SU: W //ATS: W
    14-Nov-04 //Wk10// Rams //Site: H// Seahawks //Line: 1 //Total: 51 //Score: 23 - 12 //SU: W //ATS: W
    8-Jan-05 //P-Off18// Rams //Site: A// Seahawks //Line: 4 //Total: 51 //Score: 27 - 20 //SU: W //ATS: W

14-Nov-04 //Wk10// Vikings //Site: A// Packers //Line: 4 //Total: 50.5 //Score: 31 - 34 //SU: L //ATS: W
    24-Dec-04 //Wk16// Vikings //Site: H// Packers //Line: -3.5 //Total: 56.5 //Score: 31 - 34 //SU: L //ATS: L
    9-Jan-05 //P-Off18// Vikings //Site: A// Packers //Line: 6 //Total: 49.5 //Score: 31 - 17 //SU: W //ATS: W

23-Oct-05 //Wk7// Bengals //Site: H// Steelers //Line: -1.5 //Total: 42.5 //Score: 13 - 27 //SU: L //ATS: L
    4-Dec-05 //Wk13// Bengals //Site: A// Steelers //Line: 3 //Total: 41.5 //Score: 38 - 31 //SU: W //ATS: W
    8-Jan-06 //P-Off18// Bengals //Site: H// Steelers //Line: 3 //Total: 46.5 //Score: 17 - 31 //SU: L //ATS: L

17-Sep-06 //Wk2// Giants //Site: A// Eagles //Line: 2.5 //Total: 42 //Score: 30 - 24 //SU: W //ATS: W
    17-Dec-06 //Wk15// Giants //Site: H// Eagles //Line: -5.5 //Total: 43.5 //Score: 22 - 36 //SU: L //ATS: L
    7-Jan-07 //P-Off18// Giants //Site: A// Eagles //Line: 6.5 //Total: 45.5 //Score: 20 - 23 //SU: L //ATS: W

9-Sep-07 //Wk1// Giants //Site: A// Cowboys //Line: 6 //Total: 44.5 //Score: 35 - 45 //SU: L //ATS: L
    11-Nov-07 //Wk10// Giants //Site: H// Cowboys //Line: 1.5 //Total: 48 //Score: 20 - 31 //SU: L //ATS: L
    13-Jan-08 //P-Off19// Giants //Site: A// Cowboys //Line: 7 //Total: 47 //Score: 21 - 17 //SU: W //ATS: W
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Originally posted by COACH DITKA View Post
      Just out of curiosity, in terms of the Ravens-Steelers game, does anyone know what a team's record is going against a team they have already beaten twice that same season? If that is confusing, how does a team fare that is attempting to beat another team for the third time that season?

Moose

Is that what you were looking for Mike?

BB:thumbs:
      "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
        I'm usually all for systems like this that are fueled by the pub overreacting to one game and getting a favorable line as a result, but I see Baltimore getting whipped badly @ Pittsburgh on Sunday. They're tired and hobbled on D, and it showed vs Tennessee, who moved the ball over them only to gift wrap the game for the raisins every chance they got.

I know Baltimore has double revenge and all, but the steelers are clearly the better and fresher team right now. Fast Willie Parker is back finally, which finally makes teams respect the running game of the steelers again, and the veteran over the rookie is an easy choice at qb as well.

Nice run for them, but I just think the raisins are gonna run out of gas this week just like SD did last week...and clearly the books agree setting this line at -5, despite both regular season meetings being decided by less than that, and now the move to -6 with a clear majority backing Baltimore.

Only way Baltimore wins or covers this is if they get lucky like they did last week, IMHO....

I agree 100% but you know that is when you and I fall short all the time. Does that make sense to you? It seems you and I don't have to say much to agree on a lot of things. I sometimes think your my double when it comes to capping games! I would be doing the same as you if I didn't feel the system produced! Other than the past two years it was good! I have no idea how the hell Baltimore is going to stay in this game other than turnovers!!!! BOL To you and thanks for posting your views. I appreciate it!
        Not take into the fact that I lost the most on a few of my big systems this year! The NFL one I sent you! Baltimore screwd me and Okie. Seems like when I tell people about them they **** the bed!!!! I don't see the system goin 0-3 but who knows! The only thing I was right about in the post season was Tennessee and the Giants would not be in the SB!

Take care

Comment

See what I mean Stifler

Baltimore Ravens vs Pittsburgh Steelers
          The Public loves the Ravens right now. The Ravens pounded the Miami Dolphins in the first round of the playoffs before holding the powerhouse Tennessee Titans to 10 points last week. More than 60% of the bets of the bets are coming in on the Baltimore Ravens. However, the line opened at Pittsburgh -5 and has moved to Pittsburgh -6. This means that some "big money" is taking the Pittsburgh Steelers.
          We'll "bet against the Public" and take the Steelers -- tagging along with the "big money" or "smart money." The Ravens have been on a roll -- and six points seems like a lot of points to give in what might be a low-scoring game. This is a good contrarian value on several levels. Take the Steelers and give the points.
          Play On Pittsburgh Steelers
          So, here's a wrap-up of SportsInsights analysis for this week's Games to Watch:
          Games to Watch - Playoff Editions (0-2 = 0.0%)
          Pittsburgh Steelers -6

LMAO Does everyone really like the Ravens??? I think this might be a little misleading but what do I know! Does the system go 0-2 or does SI go 0-3? Stay tuned to fined out!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Barooooooo View Post
            Friday Morning

Line has moved from -3 -120 to -4....
            Philly 60%
            Arizona 40%

Philly 26% on ML
            Arizona 74% on ML

:dunno:

Line has moved from -5 +104 to -6 -110 reverse move!
            Baltimore 64%
            Pittsburgh 36%

Baltimore 44% on ML
            Pittsburgh 66% on ML

Line down to 3.5 +100 even money 10% shift to Arizona
            Philly 50%
            Arizona 50%

No change in the ML
            Philly 26% ML
            Arizona 74% ML

Line is 6 -102 Moved 6%
            Balttimore 58%
            Pittsburgh 42%

Baltimore 44% ML
            Pittsburgh 66% ML

Guess will have to see what happes closer to kick off but it seems the money is coming in on the home teams!

Top 10 Bets recored over at Scores and Odds as of 4 am CST!
            #1: philadelphia eagles Point Spread
            #2: arizona cardinals Point Spread
            #3: pittsburgh steelers Point Spread
            #4: baltimore ravens Point Spread
            #5: arizona cardinals Money Line
            #6: baltimore ravens Money Line
            #7: philadelphia eagles Money Line
            #8: philadelphia eagles Over
            #9: pittsburgh steelers Money Line
            #10: baltimore ravens Over

Bet Jamaica
            # 313 3:00pm Eagles vs Cardinals (NFC Championship)(FOX) Cardinals 66.71%
            Eagles 33.29%
            20932 Bets

# 315 6:30pm Ravens vs Steelers (AFC Championship)(CBS) Ravens 56.97%
            Steelers 43.03%
            18256 Bets

Comment

Yea, a whole lot of people like Baltimore today. It seems many are hanging their hat on that its tough to beat a team 3x ig the same year (true, I think, although I have no data to back it up), and that "6 points is too many in this defensive matchup" (flat out foolish thinking, as the pointspread hasn't mattered in a conf championship game since about 1931).

I'll go with the more rested team, the more healthy team, and the super bowl experienced qb.

Speaking of which, NO qb in the history of the NFL had won 2 straight road playoff games to open his career. Now all of a sudden the ravens D forces 18 million turnovers in the process of beating Miami and tennessee, and all of a sudden flacco is somehow credited with these wins? I have even heard people say flacco is "on fire" for heavens sake! Apparently they weren't watching the same games as I was, because Baltimore won those games with defense and luck.

Now that defense is a bit thinner though with some injuries sustained last week, and that's probably only going to add to the fact that they couldn't stop tennessee, who marched the ball right up and down the field on that esteemed raisins D, only to turn it over countless times, miss a fg, and all that despite losing their rb in the process.

To bet on Baltimore today is to bet on getting lucky, IMHO, because all the signs of a steeler domination and blowout are there.

Comment

Well I guess were going to have a west coast east coast Superbowl!

AZ keeps scoring like this and Baltimore looks like they are going to be the winner of SB!

Comment

NFL Playoff System 0-2

Super bowl Play

Pittsburgh Steelers -7

Okay so I have been :bang: all week! Trying to talk myself out of Pittsburgh and have finally said I'm going to grab my balls and take the plunge into the cold water! I usually talk to about 5-10 different people a day about sports! You have the bookies and the hard core guys and than you have the guys who root for the Cubs and watch the game to get drunk around these places! Seems all the Cubs fans and party goers love Arizona! I mean it. I was on a 7-2 count when I stopped counting! Now I look to a few good friends I respect around here and on the net... the hardcore people are on Pittsburgh! Kevin, Steve, Spottie, Jason and a few locals I have talked to (Oh and my wife:thumbs: ). I was surprised when two of the guys I talked to said they like the over as well! They said they are going to tease Pitt and the over. So with that I take my dive and there is no turning back now!!!

Pittsburgh it is! My balls just told me to buy it down to -6.5:laughing:

I can only wait now! The stage is set and the beer is on Ice! :beerbang:

I hope everyone has a enjoyable Super bowl and win all of the squares they are in!!!

Take care and enjoy the day!

BB :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X