X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Championships Discussion Thread

BAL +5/PIT -5
    PHI -3 1/2/ARI +3 1/2

looks like early money in on PHI........
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Pennsylvania Super Bowl. :thumbs:

Comment

I really don't know what to make of either game at first glance on Sunday night.

I would like to take PHI and at this point, i don't think there is a more overrated thing in the playoffs in any sport than home field advantage (other than the NBA where the officials cheat for the home team but then again i don't consider the NBA a sport). ARI D was in the bottom half of the league and PHI was #1 in the NFC and 3rd overall behind Baltimore and PIttsburgh. And they have only gotten better lately. But wow do you hate stepping in front of a hot Cards team that seems to have it rolling and has been playing better defensively.

but defense wins and i think that Jim Johnson will put together some schemes to slow down ARI and ultimately leave with a win.

as for the AFC.......can PIT win 3 straight times versus the Ravens?

BAL is banged up on D as well and i think that PIT will get it done.

Initial toughts are PHI -3 1/2 and PIT -5

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        but defense wins
        I agree...Steelers the AFC's best, and Eagles the NFC's best... :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          I agree...Steelers the AFC's best, and Eagles the NFC's best... :thumbs:
          :thumbs: ....my thoughts too.....and i think PHI defense is heads and shoulders above ARI and their offense is doing enough and has just enough balance to come away with a win. I think they win the game by 7-10 points. I think PIT wins the game by about the same margin. I do expect a couple of relatively competitive games.

Totals wise i am wondering if the ARI/PHI game from week 14 or whatever inflates the total in that game.

Comment

I'm leaning Baltimore +5..that defense will be dominant especially if weather becomes an issue. Flacco is a rookie yeah yeah he has played well (enough) in two games so far...he just saw a tough D in Tennessee I think he will be better prepared to face the very tough Pitt D ...Rothliesberger looks slower all the time BUT he does throw a nice deep ball and its tough to contain the Steelers WR talent...The running games are similar with the temas having more than one capable / solid running backs ( Pitt has Willie/Mewelde/Russell to a lesser degree ... Balt has L. Ron Hubbard/ Willis/ray rice if helathy) TEs could play a role here.. especially Flacco throwing to Heap.

The defenses are both unreal...order extra body bags...low scoring game

I think Baltimore wins here outright in Pittsburgh...that balt D will capitalize on not so mobile big ben force turnovers..Flacco does his thing solid with lots of handing it off to the tail backs

And not sure on total yet...But Id lean to the Under as low as 31.5 i think

Balt 16
            Pitt 10

Comment

I expected both of these to be -3.

The hook oh the philly line surprises me a little, but not tremendously, since they did bomb Arizona once already this year, and they have the better D.

I don't know what to think of the raisins catching +5 though, to be quite honest. Is it the steelers being overvalued by the public, or is taking the points there a sucker bet? It looks like way too many to me with double revenge for Baltimore, but I don't exactly think along the same lines of Joe Pub either....

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                I expected both of these to be -3.

The hook oh the philly line surprises me a little, but not tremendously, since they did bomb Arizona once already this year, and they have the better D.

I don't know what to think of the raisins catching +5 though, to be quite honest. Is it the steelers being overvalued by the public, or is taking the points there a sucker bet? It looks like way too many to me with double revenge for Baltimore, but I don't exactly think along the same lines of Joe Pub either....
                stif- PHI opened -3 at the greek and then after about 1/2 an hour they moved it to -3 1/2 +100. that is where it sits now.

and i am kind of in agreement in the BAL game. PIT beat up on a ****ty SDG D today that generated no pass rush all year long. I worry about them moving the ball against BAL to cover 5 points. It is tough to beat a team 3x in a season which i also stated above. But in the end i just think PIT is the more complete team from D to special teams to offense. I wish i knew how much of the nice job the 0-line did today versus San Diego was due to their playing well versus playing a ****ty defense. I kind of lean to the latter which also worries me about laying 5 points.

My initial lean is PIT -5 but that is really iffy still. Probably sleep on that one this week.
                Last edited by FlyersFan; 01-11-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

totally agree with this :thumbs:

Comment

They sure grow a ****load of carrots in PA.
                    Go Boilers!
                    thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                    NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                    NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                    NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                    NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                    NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                    NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
                    NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
                    NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
                    NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Titans moved the ball up and down the field on the Ravens and I can't help but think that Pitt will try to do a lot of the things that Tennessee did except they won't turn the ball over like Tennessee. Also, if Chris Johnson didn't get hurt, he may have been the difference because a bac like lendale white plays right into the Baltimore defense. They just tee off on the big, fat back. Chris Johnson catching those passes in the flat was killing the Ravens, mostly because of Bart Scott being terrible. Anyway, Willie Parker's speed and the counter of Moore is a much more difficult tandem to handle I think.

Also, how bad was the Ravens tackling in the divisional game? Anyone else see this?

A side note, How the hell do the Ravens let all 3 of their LB become free agents after this year lol?

Comment

Boy do i feel bad for the city of TAMPA

if it's an all Pennsylvania super bowl ...

:beer2:
                        Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                        (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                        (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                        (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

All birds superbowl! :beer2:

Comment

I'm liking a Pennsylvania Superbowl too...

Comment

Working...
                            X