ESPN's Mel Kiper's mock draft...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's Mel Kiper's mock draft...

Anyone else think the guys hes got going to the teams are just ridiculous? I happen to believe that you build teams by starting on either of the lines working outside in. Anyway, I highly doubt Matt Stafford is worthy of a #1 overall selection. The guy was alright at Georgia, but he wasn't so good that he is going to be a franchise QB for someone. Just my opinion though. I think the Lions would be foolish to take with the #1. Anyone else have a different view on Stafford? I know he's the best available QB, but thats not saying much in this draft. Would hate to see the Lions make another awful pick. Maybe he will turn out alrite, i don't know.

Another one, why the **** would anyone draft mark sanchez 3rd overall? Hes probably the worst of the latest qb's to come out of USC besides maybe david booty, but I thought booty was a little better. Now someone is going to make him their franchise guy? Feel bad for that team. Actually I don't they deserve it. I thought KC liked Thigpen and were considering building with him? Or I heard Pioli wanted Cassel, but Sanchez? Anyway that will change probably because of the new GM and Shanahan possibly being the new coach.

The LB from USC, Maualuga will go much higher than the projected 20 he has. I think this guy is a stud and should be top 10. Of course all of these thoughts could change after the combine, but just never understood why this guy is labeled the know it all of drafting.

I was bored and figured I'd share.
    Last edited by Daws1089; 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM.

The worst thing the Lions could do is draft a QB with the first pick:bang:

Comment

I agree with Larry, the Lions should get out of the drafting offense business.

Daws you may be right that Stafford won't have great success, but he is a stud physically. He makes throws right now that no current QB in the nfl can make(except maybe cutler, but I think Stafford still has a bigger arm than cutler). He will make the scouts cream in their pants at the combine. So did Jeff George FWIW. I think if he goes to the right team that can develop him, he has more talent than most current NFL QB's. He's A LOT better than Flacco--it's not even close. But Flacco has a great OL and a great D, neither of which Detroit has--he goes there he may be out of the league in 3 years living off his 1st pick signing bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
        The worst thing the Lions could do is draft a QB with the first pick:bang:
        What, Joey Harrington didn't work out? :laughing:

Sorry. :ohman:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          What, Joey Harrington didn't work out? :laughing:

Sorry. :ohman:
          About as well as Chuck Long:laughing:

Comment

Lions need to draft Michael Crabtree just to remind us the world still turns, and the sun still will come up tomorrow :beer2:
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
              Lions need to draft Michael Crabtree just to remind us the world still turns, and the sun still will come up tomorrow :beer2:
              IMO although Kitna was a dumbass predicting 10 wins only to see them go 0-16, I firmly believe had he been healthy, they would have gotten at least 3 wins. IMO at least.

Drew Stanton seemed serviceable from what I saw as he was on my fantasy team since I drafted Kitna as my 3rd QB when I had Romo and Palmer and both went down so I was forced to play with Stanton and Fitzpatrick :laughing: eek!

somehow I ended up in the championship game...where I lost cuz Romo choked it week 16. bleah

anyways Lions don't need a QB especially with no SURE shot in the draft like ya'll said above.

with Stanton and healthy Kitna they could do better drafting another position.
              besides I think maybe thats why Bradford went back to OU, he knew he'd be going to the Lions if he left, maybe he didnt want this?
              Last edited by Q-Unit; 01-24-2009, 10:27 PM.
              :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
              -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Kitna has played his last game as a Lion. And Stanton is a china doll.

Comment

Andre Ware.....:beerbang:

maybe there is another williams in the draft you guys could grab....you would have been better off drafting Montell Williams...:laughing:
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Dirty Sanchez :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
                    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
                    X