Thor's NFL Super Bowl Pick:Sunday Feb 1st

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor's NFL Super Bowl Pick:Sunday Feb 1st

...YTD...108-84-9...(56.3%)..Overall Preseason and Reg Season..(No Posts in Post Season)

1st of All Things have Been Busy But I Still Played the Post Season...I Just Did Not get to Post so I Let You Guys Hammer Away at Them...But the Post Season was Good to Me Also and I Wish EVERYONE HERE the BOL and Hope You make Lots of $$...!!

SUPER BOWL XLIII: (14-4) Pittsburgh Steelers Vs (12-7) Arizona Cardinals

Pitts comes in from the AFC After Beating S Dieg (35-24) without LT and Baltimore (23-14) at Home after a 1st Round Bye for Going 12-4 for the Season...While Arizona Won the NFC West Division at 9-7 and was the Only Team with Winning Record in their CONF...But Part of that was Because the NFC West was Down and Ariz was 6-0 in Conf Play...No Matter if a Conf is Down or Not that is Still a Great Achievement with More Parody in the NFL...Then Beat Atl (30-24) at Home (2008-2009 Story Book Team at 11-5) then Played at Carolina (30-24) and Won Vs Another Double Fig Reg Season Winner at 12-4 and Shocked Most People as a 10-11 Point Road Dog..then Faced at Home a Philly Team that they had (1) Lost 48-20 during Week 13 and (2) Philly had Won 6 of their Last 7 Games Including 4 on the Road in which the Last Reg Season Game was a 44-6 BEATING at Dallas then the Next 2 were Playoff Games at Minny and NY Giants setting Up the NFC Championship Game as a Game with 2 Hot Playing Teams...But Ariz Jumped Out to a 24-6 Halftime Lead Only to Let Philly Come Back in the 2nd Half and Take a 25-24 Lead with Under 11 Minutes in 4th Q... but that Tied the Biggest Comeback in the Playoffs Since Indy Vs New Eng a Few Years Ago Only to Have Ariz Drive the Ball after the Kickoff and Chew Up Almost 8 Minutes and 72 Yards to Go for TD...to Throw the Winning TD to RB Hightower for 8 Yards and Covert the 2pt PAT for 32-25 Win ...Pitts Got to the Super Bowl By Playing a Hard Hitting Game Vs Balt in Cold Weather were Pitt was Leading by 2 Points with Under 10 Minutes Left as Saftey Polamula Took an INT to the House for the Final Score...23-14...Now the SUPER BOWL...there will be a Lot of Simular things between these 2 Teams as Both Big Ben (2nd Year in NFL) and Warner have Won Super Bowls and Warner was League MVP Twice until Injuries sent Him to NY Giants and Then Ariz...Plus Head Coach for Ariz..Whisenhunt Coached Big Ben at Pitts as Offensive Coordinator (2004-2006) and Offensive Line Coach Russ Grimm was There Under Coach Cowher Also and When he Retired Now Pitts Coach Tomlin and Whisenhunt/Grimm all Interviewed for the Head Coaching Job...Tomlin was Picked as Only the 3rd Head Coach of the NFL Pitts Team besides Cowher and Knoll...Big Ben has a Chance to Tie Tom Brady to Win 2 Super Bowls by Age 26 if Pitts Wins...Both Teams are Mostly Healthy with Pitts Somewhat Unsure how Strong Hines Ward Knee is going into the Game (Sat Out Most of AFC Champ Game after Early Tackle)...Ariz is Healthy with Def Lineman Travis Laboy hurt Bicep...But if you Set Back and Think about it Pitts was in the MOST Physical Game vs Balt in the Cold so the Extra Week had to Help...Also it will be the 1st Game in Almost 3 Months that Pitts has Played were the Temperature will be Above 48 Degrees...Tampa will be in the 60 Degrees for the Game (Cool for Tampa) but Not Really any Chance of Rain and the Wind will be Under 3-5 mph....GREAT Outdoor Football Playing Conditions on Feb 1st...and to Heat that Up Both Teams are Coming in Hot with Pitts Going 8-1 SU and 7-2 ATS Last 9 Games and Ariz Going 4-0 Both SU and ATS and 5-2 Both SU and ATS Last 7 Games...OTHER Trends/Stas...Pitt is 12-2 Over Last 14 Playoff Games and 11-5 Over as the Fav Last 16 Games as Fav...Ariz is 12-5 ATS Vs a Team with Winning Record...Over for Ariz is 38-13 in Last 51 Games as Underdog and Over 23-8 Last 31 Games for Ariz Playing on Grass...TEAMS Strengths...Pitts is Ranked 1st in NFL on Defense with 1st Vs Pass and 2nd Vs Run and 1st Overall....Ariz is the PASS with 4th Overall on Offense in NFL with 32 on Rush BUT 2nd Passing the Ball...But Did Rush for Over 100 Yards in the Last Game vs Philly...QB..Big Ben Passed for 3750 Yards with 59.6% Comp...19 TDs/15 INT's (Bad Ratio there) with QB Rating of 81.4....Warner Passed for 5353 Yards with 67% Comp..38 TD's/16 INT's with a QB Rating of 98.9....On the Season..Pitts Aves 22.5 Points/Game and Allows 14.5 pts/Game and Ariz Aves 27.5 Pts/Game and Allows 25.7 Points/Game...Now I do want to Say Soething about the NFC this Season 2 Conf Finished with All 4 Teams Winning at Least 8 Games...NFC South and East..with the Overall Record...40-24 NFC South and 38-25-1 NFC East..Ariz Played All 4 Teams from the NFC East (Which Most Thought as the Strongest Division) Including Play Philly Twice and Alll 4 Teams are RANKED in The Top 8 Vs the Pass and Ariz went 2-3 Vs Them...112/179...63% Comp..1302 Yards with 12 TD's/6 Int's..Not to Bad for 5 Games Vs Top 8 Pass Defenses that Blitz like Pitts...(Philly-3rd...Dallas-5th...Wash-7th...NY Giants-8th) and Warner had 3 1st Half TD Passes to Larry Fitzgerald Vs the 3rd Best Pass Defense and Fitzgerald has Broken Jerry Rice's single Post Season Record for Post Season Rec Yards with 419 Yards and Still has 1 more Game to Go...Pitts will have to Double Fitzgerald with Safety...So Look for the Very SPARINGLY Used Tight End in this Game..Like Pope to make Catches down the Middle while Bouldin and Fitzgerald Clear out the Middle of the Field...I Have Some More But that is All for Tonite and That is Enough anyway...Always Like Playing in a Game were Everyone Says you Don't have a Chance...It Reminds me off the Carolina/New England Super Bowl Game Somewhat..Plus I Like that Ariz has the Coaches that Formed the O-Line and QB for Pitts Calling the Shots at Arizona...So..

Pic: Arizona +7

Pic: Over/Under Still Thinking on That One....BOL

Football Time..!!

Good Luck to Everyone..Hammer em..!!
    Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

as usual, nice info Thor..
    BOL on the game
    :thumbs:
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson

Comment

Thanks...Silver and Black...Hope You have a Great Super Bowl....

I Played the Over 46 1/2 for Total ..But could not get Back in Time to Post..So WIN or LOSE..Only Side Bet will I Count...WHAT a BIG Change of "MO" at End of 1st Half...2 Things on 2nd and Goal on 2 or 3 Yard Line..(1) NO FUMBLES..(2) NO INT...Big Change and Have to See if Ariz Folds or Bounces Back...1st 10 Minutes tell Story in 3rd Q USUALLY...BOL to ALL.....!!!

Football Time..!!

Good Luck to Everyone..Hammer em..!!
      Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

....Well..Great Game...But for Arizona #47 had 2 Big Mistakes on Last Drive..Over ran a Catch to Homs to Give Pitt the Ball inside 5 Yard Line then Let Homes Behind Him in the Endsone..3 DB's and Let WR in Back...CB should be in Front and Safety beside or Behind..In this Case I have Said Arizona was Coming the Last Few Years..Beside...BUT Enough of Coaching...

CONGRATSS$$ to All on Arizona and the Over...CONGRATS$$....Also CONGRAT$$ to all Pittsburgh Fans on Winning the Super Bowl..Congrats$$....!!!

1-0 (Posted) End to the Season and also the Total $$ is Nice Also....!!

Good FINISH to the Year1-0..Makes it a..109-84-9...OVERALL...I Really Hope All of you HERE on PREDICTEM and those on the NET had a Good to Great Season and Hope I Have something Left in Me and Can Find Time to POST Next YEAR...and I Do REALLY Miss Posting in the ..NBA..so BOL to All those There...!!

Kevin....Thanks for Allowing Me to Post Here and All of the Mods...YOU are the BACKBONE to this Place ...So Thanks and GOD SPEED to You All...!!!

THOR24
        Last edited by Thor24; 02-01-2009, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Congrats Thor..........:thumbs:

Looks like we were on the unpopular side........ My bookie said i was the only one on Cards.

Nice Year Bro...........:beerbang:
          In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
          The Grateful Dead..........
          "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Comment

Nice work Thor! :thumbs:
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
            X