• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Futures...

Titans u9 +110

Vikings o9 -130

Chiefs o6 -120

Giants o10 +105

Looking at these, what do you all think? Like the Chiefs new front office mindset and I think that will translate into more wins against mediocre division. Denver and SD are in some trouble. Vikings, with or without Favre, will hit 9 wins. Giants are the class of the NFC. Titns are old and outside of Chris Johnson, have no real playmakers.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

I'm not quite sure why SD is in trouble? I think they are better than a lot of the teams in the afc, let alone the afc west. I would put KC right on 6 wins. Maybe 7 if they get things together early. New coaching staff, a lot of new players, I could see this being a team to be reckoned with in 2010, but then again who knows. They acquired some age this off season with vrabel, zach thomas, and mike brown.

Comment

You can call me biased if you think I am, but I think I have a pretty objective point of view towards football. The giants are not what I would call the class of the nfc. Their offensive line, yes, but the team, no. No true #1 WR, in fact many unproven WRs, no one that really commands a double team which could spell trouble for Eli. A new DC will be interesting to see bc no one can really replace spags. They may have the same scheme and players, but his approach and calls are irreplaceable. I do like their addition of Michael Boley. I think his speed will help them out a great deal. I just don't think they are the class of the nfc with teams like Falcons, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Panthers and Bears all being similar teams. I think it is a wide open race to tell you the truth. I would need more than +105 at 10 wins to take a shot. They nfc east might be a dog fight again. We'll see.

Favre will be a viking. Whether that helps or hurts them remains to be determined, but their defense should be great again. If Harvin and Rice can help Berrian out that offense could get a lot better. Perhaps favre is just the guy they need to spark the offense, but I don't think having him at qb will make things any different than if jackson was qb like you said. 9 seems about right for them.

Some team total wins I liked were Cincinnati over and Saints over, but no way in hell I would be playing saints over 8 -170 lol.

Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks Daws, I definitely respect your opinions and look forward to your picks and analysis during the season.

I'm a huge Vikings fan and think the 9 wins won't be tough to get to. I just cannot find any way barring an injury to Peterson where the Vikings will take a step back. The Packers will be tough, again and obviously Cutler will help out the Bears for a win or two, but Detriot will be Det again. Vikings camp is already brewing about new formations for Harvin, and if Rice/Shiancoe can be more of a redzone presence. The ONLY thing I can think of is the pending suspensions to the Williams Wall. However, if Edwards and Allen can keep the pressure on OTs, Greenway, Leber, and getting back EJ Henderson - I don't see a huge problem there. Madieu Williams barring an injury and Tyrell Johnson getting more games under his belt... it's going to be an exciting year to be a Vikings fan. Enough of the rant - maybe I'm drinking the Purple Koolaid.
        NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
        MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
        MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
        NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---
        One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

I haven't looked at the lines yet, but Im eager to check out Houston. I think they'll be a much improved team this year and worthy of an over bet.
          Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

I think Buffalo Bills over 7.5 -140 is a steal, and so is New England Patriots under 11.5 +105.

To think Buffalo will be a .500 team isn't really asking much, and I personally think they will be better than that, and to expect Brady to just come storming back from such a serious injury and lead the Pats to 12+ wins is asking ALOT, imo.

San Francisco 49ers would be a good play too at over 7 if it wasn't -170, and so would the New Orleans Saints at over 8.5 if it wasn't -180.

Too much chance for injury in the NFL to pay a price like that, only to see Drew Brees go down for the season in week 1, although the league does do its best to protect the Vagina that lines up behind center these days :thumbs:

I also see some outside value in Miami Dolphins under 7 +100, who overachieved like a M.F. last year, and in Oakland Raiders over 5.5 -155, but again, that's pretty much of juice, but the Raiders should be able to squeak out 6+, considering some of the ****ty teams they play in division (Denver, KC).

All this comes without having looked at any of these team's actual schedule....just coming from who I think will be better, or worse, than expected this year.

I never play futures that are a whole season in advance, but I might actually make plays on Buffalo, NE, Oakland and Miami.

Hmmm....

Interesting thread

Comment

Damn Stif, I don't know about the Bills o7.5-140 being a steal.

I think they win 9 games tops, but I'm pessimistic thus far. Offense should be opened up for sure, but we still have some of the most conservative/worst playcallers in the AFC. Not sure what the exact stat is but Jauron's record with Buffalo vs teams with a winning record is ridiculously bad. 7-9 for 3 straight seasons, O-line still a big question mark and relying on rookies to stiffen up the D is always scary.
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by akatdrake View Post
                Giants o10 +105

In addition to what Daws said about this one (he made very valid points), I just don't feel comfortable playing total wins over in such a competitive division. IMO the same case can be made for the NFC south.

Comment

You may be right, but I see this season as an opportunity for the Bills to be a very good team, and win the division.

First of all, Miami played way above their heads last year, benefiting from the best turnover ratio in the league to have the season they had.

Next, I do not expect Brady to come back blazing. McNabb, amongst others I can't think of off the top of my head, all struggled immediately after coming back from career threatening knee/leg injuries. I guess the argument could be made the McNabb relies on mobility where Brady does not, but I just think he's gonna take a while to get moving again. He's no young man anymore, by NFL standards.

Are the Jets starting Sanchez? If so, I doubt they go too far with a rookie QB.

But as far as the Bills go, the defense has always been pretty decent, but it seemed to me like when they failed was when they were put in bad spots by the sputtering offense time and time again. With the addition of TO to compliment Lynch, Evans, Parrish, and even Steve Johnson, who showed some signs of decency last year if i remember correctly, the 3 and outs should be fewer and farther between this year.

Another problem the Bills have ALWAYS had since after the Kelly days (minus the short time Flutie was at QB), was getting the ball IN THE END ZONE. The move it, only to kick field goals, and let teams hang around. I believe the addition of Owens opens up so much in the red zone area that wasn't open before, especially if he requires a double team.

The special teams have always been good, and with one of the best special teams coaches in the game back in Bobby April, I see no reason for a decline this year.

Just the signing of Owens tells me a message has been sent to Juaron that he better get the offense in gear this year, and I think Trent Edwards, who was never really the same after getting the concussion last year, will be back to form to start this season.

All this is ASSUMING Owens is coming to play for a full 16 (hopefully 16+) games....which I fully believe he is, given that a great year this year = $$$$ for him in the coming years, in Buffalo or elsewhere, and if that's the case, barring either mass injury or injury to their stars, I do not see how Buffalo isn't at least a .500 team this year, with potential to be much much better than that if they stay healthy and win some of the close ones, especially on the road, which are games they have always seemingly managed to lose in recent years.

Or i'm drinking the cool aid, lol, but the NFL is SO TOUGH to predict as far as who will be good/bad from year to year, and I see alot of upside with this year's team. It's just a matter of getting it done on the field.
                  Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 07-31-2009, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I sure hope they come out (and finish the season) blazing.... Just watched some clips on the news of TO making a couple good grabs, plus Parrish was back in practice after tweaking his ankle. Other than my obvious worries surrounding coaching/playcalling, and the O-line, there's no doubt TO's mere presence will make it tough for coverage schemes. I mean look at his numbers- last season 10 tds 69 receptions and it was a down year for him. Reading my first post it comes off as a little too pessimistic lol. I'm just sick of being outcoached. :bang:

Comment

I don't care who wins and who doesn't, I just love to watch the players run around in their tight pants while I :pud:!!
                      Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 08-01-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X