• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfl week one

Best Bets (0-0)(even)
    Strong Plays (0-0)(even)
    Regular Plays (0-0)(even)

Overall (0-0)(even)

For years and years I have sucked in the NFL. Anything I won on Saturday I would turn around and give back on Sunday. Then three years ago and I had really good season and won. Two years ago I proved it was not a fluke and I had another winning season. Last year I went back to my losing ways, but barely. Here are last years results. Winning two of the last three years, and almost three years in a row, has my confidence going to have a winning 2009, so lets get the party started

2008 Final Season Record

Best Bets (14-16)(-10.80 units)
    Strong Plays (21-18)(+2.40 units)
    Regular Plays (40-32)(+4.80 units)

Overall (75-66)(-3.60 units)

The NFL is back and what a way to start with the defending Champion Pittsburgh Steelers hosting their arch rival Tennessee Titans on national TV. This should and will be a great game. I am just putting a small bet on this game as I can see Pittsburgh coming out all fired up and blowing out Tennessee, but I can also see Tennessee who usually give Pittsburgh all they can handle and maybe even winning this game.

Tennessee +6.5 vs Steelers (strong play)…………At first I only liked this game a little bit and was going to make it a regular play, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Everybody talking about how great the steelers are and I think people are forgetting just what a complete, solid team Tennessee has. Tennessee usually plays Pittsburgh tough and rarely gets beat badly. It Tennessee can score early and maybe take the Steeler crowd out of the game a little bit, they have a shot. I would love to see Tennessee win this game outright, but I think Pittsburgh pulls it out in the end and wins by 3 or 4 points.

I will be back sometime Friday with the rest of my NFL plays.

Good Luck Everybody!!

It feels great to start the season with a strong play winner and it actually sounding like I know what I was talking about. Now lets see if I just got lucky or knew what I was doing. Here are week ones winners.

Minnesota -4 vs Cleveland (best bet)…………..This is either going to be one of the easiest winners on the board Sunday or I will be completely off base and the Browns will pull the upset. Obviously I think the first thing will happen. Browns have no offense and nothing has changed. I know every team has hope before the season starts, but to try and get your offense going against this Viking defense is not the place to start. No I am not falling into all the Brett Favre hype either. The vikes have always had a running game and defense, but always had a QB to screw things up. They are not asking or do they need Favre to win games, just not to screw them up. As long as Favre is truly healthy, I really think the Viking can at least go to the Superbowl this year. I am shocked how many posts I have read on the net taking the Browns and that makes me feel better about this play. Minnesota just way to strong to not win this game. Cleveland and their fans always fired up at home, but it won’t take long for the boobirds to come out on Sunday. Vikings easy.

Miami +4 vs Atlanta (best bet)…………I hope this is not my heart talking instead of my head when I take my Miami Dolphins Sunday. I don’t care who you are, you really have to like and respect what coach Tony Sparano has done. This is a physical team who plays defense, runs the ball and plays a safe yet crazy offense, if that makes sense. Atlanta much improved as well. When this line came out I really thought Atlanta would be a bigger favorite. The line tells me this is going down to the wire. I don’t have any stats or anything to back this other than my knowledge of my team and the feelings I get. Most of my NFL plays are gut feelings.

New Orleans -13 vs Detroit (strong play)…………..Call me crazy, but I think there will be a lot of pressure on the Saints in this game. Detroit will win a game this year and nobody wants to be that team to lose to them. I am not saying New Orleans even has a chance to lose this game, but how can the Saints and Brees take this game seriously? I actually think this game will be close in the first half before the Saints wake up and outscore them by 28 points in the second half. I really thought this line would be above 14 points.

Washington +6.5 vs Giants (strong play)…………….The Giants are Eli Manning and that is all. Skins usually play well at the Giants and I think they are going to surprise some teams this year. This game actually reminds me of the Tennessee/Pittsburgh game a little bit. Not much offense, or at least scoring with the underdog right into it until the final minutes. I can see the Giants winning by a field goal late.

Baltimore -13 vs Kansas City (regular play)…………..Very unlike me to take this heavy of a favorite, but I am not so sure KC will score in this game. An offensive outbreak for them would be ten points. Baltimore of course known for their great defense, but now they have a QB who will move the offense too. I really think if Baltimore can score 20 points in this game they will get the cover.

San Fran +6 vs Arizona (regular play)…………This is a play on San Fran and a play against Arizona. No way Zona repeats what they did last year and like Miami’s new coach has turned the program around, the same thing will happen to San Fran. San Fran will stay in this game the entire way and probably win it in the end.

Chicago +3.5 vs Green Bay (regular play)……………Bears are/were a team similar to the Vikings. Always had a decent team that was a QB away from making a serious run in the playoffs. They just need a QB who won’t screw up. Sure Cutler will blow some games, but there will be many that he will win. Throw in the fact that doesn’t Green Bay at home on Sunday night football only laying 3.5 seem to easy? I will take the live dog and hope Cutler has learned the offense enough to make some big plays.

Two games on Monday this week. I have gone back and forth on both of them all week, but I will make plays on them. Leaning towards both dogs at the moment.

Have a great Sunday. Back Sunday night or Monday with my Monday night plays.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

It feels great to start the season with a strong play winner and it actually sounding like I know what I was talking about. Now lets see if I just got lucky or knew what I was doing. Here are week ones winners.

Minnesota -4 vs Cleveland (best bet)…………..This is either going to be one of the easiest winners on the board Sunday or I will be completely off base and the Browns will pull the upset. Obviously I think the first thing will happen. Browns have no offense and nothing has changed. I know every team has hope before the season starts, but to try and get your offense going against this Viking defense is not the place to start. No I am not falling into all the Brett Favre hype either. The vikes have always had a running game and defense, but always had a QB to screw things up. They are not asking or do they need Favre to win games, just not to screw them up. As long as Favre is truly healthy, I really think the Viking can at least go to the Superbowl this year. I am shocked how many posts I have read on the net taking the Browns and that makes me feel better about this play. Minnesota just way to strong to not win this game. Cleveland and their fans always fired up at home, but it won’t take long for the boobirds to come out on Sunday. Vikings easy.

Miami +4 vs Atlanta (best bet)…………I hope this is not my heart talking instead of my head when I take my Miami Dolphins Sunday. I don’t care who you are, you really have to like and respect what coach Tony Sparano has done. This is a physical team who plays defense, runs the ball and plays a safe yet crazy offense, if that makes sense. Atlanta much improved as well. When this line came out I really thought Atlanta would be a bigger favorite. The line tells me this is going down to the wire. I don’t have any stats or anything to back this other than my knowledge of my team and the feelings I get. Most of my NFL plays are gut feelings.

New Orleans -13 vs Detroit (strong play)…………..Call me crazy, but I think there will be a lot of pressure on the Saints in this game. Detroit will win a game this year and nobody wants to be that team to lose to them. I am not saying New Orleans even has a chance to lose this game, but how can the Saints and Brees take this game seriously? I actually think this game will be close in the first half before the Saints wake up and outscore them by 28 points in the second half. I really thought this line would be above 14 points.

Washington +6.5 vs Giants (strong play)…………….The Giants are Eli Manning and that is all. Skins usually play well at the Giants and I think they are going to surprise some teams this year. This game actually reminds me of the Tennessee/Pittsburgh game a little bit. Not much offense, or at least scoring with the underdog right into it until the final minutes. I can see the Giants winning by a field goal late.

Baltimore -13 vs Kansas City (regular play)…………..Very unlike me to take this heavy of a favorite, but I am not so sure KC will score in this game. An offensive outbreak for them would be ten points. Baltimore of course known for their great defense, but now they have a QB who will move the offense too. I really think if Baltimore can score 20 points in this game they will get the cover.

San Fran +6 vs Arizona (regular play)…………This is a play on San Fran and a play against Arizona. No way Zona repeats what they did last year and like Miami’s new coach has turned the program around, the same thing will happen to San Fran. San Fran will stay in this game the entire way and probably win it in the end.

Chicago +3.5 vs Green Bay (regular play)……………Bears are/were a team similar to the Vikings. Always had a decent team that was a QB away from making a serious run in the playoffs. They just need a QB who won’t screw up. Sure Cutler will blow some games, but there will be many that he will win. Throw in the fact that doesn’t Green Bay at home on Sunday night football only laying 3.5 seem to easy? I will take the live dog and hope Cutler has learned the offense enough to make some big plays.

Two games on Monday this week. I have gone back and forth on both of them all week, but I will make plays on them. Leaning towards both dogs at the moment.

Have a great Sunday. Back Sunday night or Monday with my Monday night plays.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

THIS WEEK SO FAR

Best Bets (1-1)(-0.30 units)
        Strong Plays (3-0)(+6.00 units)
        Regular Plays (2-1)(+0.90 units)

Overall (6-2)(+6.60 units)

SEASON OVERALL

Best Bets (1-1)(-0.30 units)
        Strong Plays (3-0)(+6.00 units)
        Regular Plays (2-1)(+0.90 units)

Overall (6-2)(+6.60 units)

Very pleased with my NFL start, winning 6.60 units. Makes up for my poor college start. Minnesota was a easy as I thought it would be, but my Dolphins and their wildcat offense forgot to make the trip to Atlanta.

Two Monday Night Football games this first week. Not in love with either one, but I will play a small one unit play on each and hope to do no worse than a split and maybe get really lucky and win them both. Here is what I got.

New England -13 vs. Buffalo (regular play)…………….Don’t like this line climbing to 13, but I think this is a statement game for the Pats to prove they are back. Pats in a surprising blowout.

Oakland +10 vs. San Diego (regular play)………………Chargers have been known to throw in a few clunkers early in the year and this might be another one. I have not checked stats in recent years, but home dogs on Monday Night Football have always been a decent wager, so I will give it a try.

I will actually be happy with a split tonight. These are forced a little bit and dropping 0.10 units I can live with to have a little action tonight.

Back throughout the week to post some early college and pro plays if I like a game and feel the line may move against me.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Working...
        X