NatFootLea Week I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q-Unit View Post
    well horrible season because I'm dumbass, but saved by a good NCAA season, hope to redeem myself in the playoffs.

that being said lol:

adding to the doomed/jinxed futures play:

Dallas Cowboys +1200 To Win Super Bowl XLIV (1 to win 12 units)

my reasoning is: as if it matters:

Cowboys have a potent running game. Best in the league, while that means jack squat in this day and age of pass-happy prolific offenses, they are well-balanced with a potent passing attack of their own. Of all the contenders left, at least in their own conference:

New Orleans Saints: running game has potential but inconsistent, Pierre Thomas hurt, they have bigger problems overall with 2 game skid they are on

Philadelphia Eagles: most dangerous passing team, has an average if not below average running game (I believe)

Arizona Cardinals: fumbling problems/confidence problems in BOTH backs

Minnesota Vikings: Peterson is the best back in the country, yet Vikes leaned on Favre, and now his teeth are deep into their balls, and he won't let go, they are struggling like Saints, but if they find that balance again, watch out.

Green Bay Packers: Ryan Grant has been stepping up of late, but he doesn't compare to three-headed monster Dallas has.

- Cowboy's D peaking at right time to help carry momentum, and as long as Romo keeps mistakes at a minimum, they have a puncher's chance, especially at +1200 this late in the game with a playoff spot already secured.

- I just think while in a league of passing, fundamentals like running the ball, and defense will still win out when you need it most: playoffs. Just as New England is starting to find their running game, I feel like such teams will be dangerous come mid-to-late January.

- As I've effectively killed their chances with my jinx, I still stand by that partial half-ass attempt at objective analysis of why I choose to throw away another unit on fruitless causes. lol

GL
    Last edited by Q-Unit; 12-31-2009, 11:35 PM.
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

add:

Glutton for punishment/jinxing:

Dallas Cowboys +1000 To Win Super Bowl XLIV (1 to win 10 units)
      Last edited by Q-Unit; 01-05-2010, 12:57 AM.

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

add:

Dallas Cowboys +700 To Win Super Bowl XLIV (1 to win 7 units)

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

GL with the Cowboys.... they sure look good! :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            GL with the Cowboys.... they sure look good! :beerbang:
            thanks bro, I was expecting a collapse (the pessimist in me still is) especially after that INT that was eventually overturned, which changed momentum of the game, hope they keep getting lucky like that lol

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

GL Q! I also put a couple of units down on the boys to win it all:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                thanks Larry, hope I don't jinx you lol :thumbs:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  thanks Larry, hope I don't jinx you lol :thumbs:

-Big Pimpin-

Comment

It would be jinxing you, you played it first. lol:laughing:

Comment

Working...
                    X