Maxx's Week 1 NFL Plays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxx's Week 1 NFL Plays

All plays for 1 unit at -110 unless otherwise noted.

Vikings @ Browns +4
    This is such a non-sensical line it screams to just stay away. But with it being week 1, I'm willing to bite. Here's what I don't like about Favre in MN... Childress is not an authoratative presence on that team in any way, Favre will have the green light to do what he wants, when he wants... which means less Adrian Peterson and more turnovers. That is not how the Vikings are built. Even if the Vikings win this game by 30... I still don't have faith this will end well in MN.

Eagles @ Panthers +2.5
    The discussion thread opened my eyes to this one. Delhomme does scare me, and honestly, it might be worth it to buy the 0.5 point to get the field goal. But the Eagles are notoriously slow starters and I don't trust them on the road against teams they are not familiar with (i.e. outside the division).

Jaguars +6.5 @ Colts
    Disclosure: I follow the Colts on a daily basis, they are my team and always will be. The defense still can't get people off the field, the offense can't run the ball, and there are questions about the OL ability to protect Manning so the deep threat is less present than in the past. This leads to a lot of close games and I will take anything above +3.5 against them.

Dolphins @ Falcons -4
    Best play on the board IMO. Matt Ryan is a solid character guy and I don't expect him to fall back on the success of last season and think he's got it all figured out. Expect another big year from him and a backslide from the Dolphins.

Jets @ Texans -4
    Folowing the Colts, I see a lot of AFC south, and I really like this Texans team. They are usually slow starters though and I was hoping for a slightly lower line expecting people to hammer the Jets and Sanchez. Texans defense can really get after you and I don't think Sanchez has the makeup to handle that. I'll be honest, I've never liked Sanchez or his demeanor. I don't think he faced real adversity during his college career and I don't think he'll handle it well when he does.

Bears @ Packers -4
    Same thing goes for Cutler. Although Cutler has faced adversity in his life and career so I'll give him credit for that. I just don't think his demeanor meshes well with winning tough divisional battles on the road. I will say that I think Lovie Smith has a much better chance of keeping Cutler under wraps than Childress does with Favre. But I expect there to be some friction as Lovie is more of a close to the vest guy and Cutler is going to want to cut it loose. Just too many kinks for the Bears to work out yet before I can back them on the road against a solid team.
    GL Everybody!

NFL '09 YTD
    Overall: 41-33-1
    +5.4 units

CFB '09 YTD
    36-36-4
    -3.4 units

MLB '09 YTD (started 7/20)
    96-96-7
    +10.03 units

Adding:

Redskins +6.5 @ Giants