Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West traveling to East clarification

Hey all,
    good to get the pigskin back in action. I was looking over this week's schedule and remembered a trend that was talked about at length last year (and years prior) that seemed to hit pretty often.

As I remember, when West Coast teams traveled to the East Coast for games, the EC team covered a ridiculously high percentage of the time (as a Bills fan, I remember jumping on this when Seattle visited in Week 1, 2008 - though it busted vs. San Fran).

My question is, what teams fall into the category of "West Coast" for the purposes of this trend? Does it include all AFC and NFC West teams? (Seattle, St. Lou, Arizona, San Fran, San Diego, Denver, KC, Oak) or is it more selective than this? I would assume that St. Lou, Denver, KC don't fit?

As such, which of the following games this week fall into the trend?
    Arizona @ Jacksonville -3
    Oakland @ KC -3

But
    STL @ Wash -10 wouldn't fit?

Thanks!

I think you need to think of it in term of time zones and opposed to divisions.

For example St Louis plays in the NFC West, but they are in the Central Time Zone. So, if they travel to New york and play the Jets, they only lose one hour of time, sleep, body clock-ed-ness, whatever. But if Seattle or San Diego or Oakland goes to New York they are lsing three hours and the theory is that if the game starts at 1pm eastern it feels like 10 am to them. Or perhaps earlier since they probably waking up at 5 am their normal time to get to the stadium, suit up, warm up and play.

I'd say this idea of west to east travel only applies to the 1pm eastern time games.

Hope this clarifies

Comment

yup, details hit it on the head. It really only applies to teams located on the west coast like SEA,SF,OAK,SD,and ARI not sure if DEN fits or not. But it must be a 1pm eastern time game for the west coast team. It doesn't apply to 8pm games or 4:15 games. I would think the books would factor this in more this year though because of how much success bettors had with it last year.

Comment

Working...
      X