Strong Plays (1-1)(-0.20 units)
    Regular Plays (2-2)(-0.20 units)

Overall (5-4)(+2.30 units)

SEASON OVERALL

Best Bets (4-6)(-7.80 units)
    Strong Plays (7-2)(+9.60 units)
    Regular Plays (6-8)(-2.80 units)

Overall (17-16)(-1.00 units)

Well I had myself in the plus going into the Monday night game, but threw in a best bet on Green Bay and I could not have been more wrong. Favre looked great and I really thought he would choke in this one. Here are week fives picks.

Carolina -3.5 vs Washington (best bet)………….This is more of a play against the skins. There is something terribly wrong in Washington. It is hard to believe this team is 2-2, but maybe not when you look at who they played. Now you get Carolina who has not won a game yet, but they are favored in this one and there is a good reason. Carolina is much better than their record and I think they completely turn it around, put it all together this week and blow out the skins. Usually in the NFL when a team who’s record is worse than their opposition and they are favored, wins the game.

Jets -1 vs Miami (best bet)………….Yes I know this is a Monday night game, but I always list my best bets first and that is where this one falls. The Jets have always been a thorn in the Dolphins side, even when they have sucked. I don’t know how Miami won so easily last week with Henne only throwing for 115 yards. Henne was also sacked six times I think last week. Actually I do. They won with a running game and defense, but that was against Buffalo. Jets got knocked down a peg last week and I think that will make them more focused this week. I don’t think Henne is ready to face a defense like this yet and I think he is going to look bad. As much as I would love to see my Dolphins win and maybe turn their season around after the 0-3 start, I don’t think it will happen.

Cincinnati +9 vs Baltimore (strong play)…………..Is this the same team I called the bungels earlier this year? This team is scrappy and my gut tells me this is just a little too many points here. This division beats each other up and this one should be no different. I am not sure where Baltimore’s head will be at after last week no show vs Jacksonville. I hate going against Baltimore’s defense, but I think Carson Palmer will find a way to put up enough points to get a cover. Just a strong gut feeling, nothing else to back it.

Arizona -5.5 vs Houston (strong play)………….Two of the most disappointing teams face each other in this one. Of course Arizona almost won the superbowl and this was the year Houston was supposed to put it all together. Home field make the huge difference for me in this one. Arizona at home is more capable of putting it together this week than Houston is. I think Zona explodes offensively this week and gets the easy cover.

This is really a tough week for me. I struggled to find what I liked and did take. I almost was going to make everything just a regular one unit play, but I love to bet the NFL and could not resist. These next two plays are all (regular plays) for just one unit.

Tampa Bay +15 vs Philadelphia
    Oakland +15 vs Giants

This is the NFL and double digit favs don’t do very well. I will take any NFL team and more than two touchdowns. That is my only reasoning for taking these two chumps. Why else would you take them?

St Louis +10 vs Minnesota (regular play)…………..This is another strange play that I am taking only because I cannot think of a single reason to take St Louis. They are like a high school football team, ok…maybe a really good high school football team.

That is all for week five. This week make me nervous for some reason. I don’t feel good about it, so I don’t advise anybody playing these games solely on me. Only play them if you first liked them yourself.

Good Luck Everybody!!

With ya on NYJ and ARZ, gl. Love the writeups.

I'm on the Vikings though, I think STL will get killed. I see a lot of parallels between MIN/STL this week and NYG/KC last week. The road faves will pound the ball to control clock, won't make mistakes, won't take chances because they don't have to. Then when they take the lead, the underdogs will try to force stuff and make mistakes leading to a blowout...
    NFL YTD: 83-75-3 (-4.83 U)
    Spreads: 54-45-2 (+5.95 U)
    Totals: 22-21-2 (-1.2 U)
    Moneylines: 5-4 (+2.48 U)
    Parlays: 1-4 (-10.56 U)
    Teaser: 0-1 (-1.5 U)

NCAAF: 16-8 (+9.26 U)
    Spreads: 12-8 (+3.3 U)
    Totals: 3-0 (+3 U)
    Parlay: 1-0 (+2.96 U)

NBA Dec: 13-9-1 (+3.1 U)

NCAABB: 29-36-3 (-9.1 U)