NFL Week 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 6

1st week posting picks here after a long layoff.

Jaguars -9.5 (2.5 UNITS)
    St. Louis has been outscored 72-7 in 3 road games. It isn't like those three 3 road games were against the cream of the crop. (Seattle, Washington, San Fran) . The Jaguars come home off a game in which they forgot to show up. They have a respectable 2-3 record (3-2 ATS) against 5 teams that all came into the season with playoff aspirations. St Louis is -5 on their turnover ratio, forcing just 2 turnovers in their last 4 games while giving away ten. Clearly St. Louis is just bad bad bad, and this is a game the Jaguars must have to stay alive in the playoff hunt.

Texans/Bengals Over 46 (1 UNIT)
    Kansas City Chiefs ML +210 (1 UNIT)
    ---------------------------
    '11 NBA 106-97-2 (-0.5 Units)
    NBA ML 8-20 (-5.10 Units)
    '11 NCAA BB 0-0-0 (0 Units)

ADD:

Bears/Falcons Under 46 (1 UNIT)

Comment

Monday night

San Diego Chargers -3.5 (2 UNITS)

Comment

Some insight:

1. Teams coming off the bye this year are 6-1 SU.
        2. Denver's 2 road foes? Cincinnati and Oakland. Carson Palmer was coming off an injury which had him out a full season. It's quite easy to assume the chemistry wasn't there at all.
        3. Did anyone else see how Josh reacted after that game against New England? The repeated fist pumps.. He wanted that bad. If that was his reaction after winning, I wonder what he used to motivate his team.. and how could he possibly get them just as motivated for the Chargers?
        4. This is the second game in a brutal 4 game stretch for Denver... New England, San Diego, Baltimore, Pittsburgh.
        5. I wonder what the mood in San Diego was after the 38-28 waxing Pittsburgh laid on them? If that talented but underperforming defense isn't ready for a divisional opponent off a bye, when will it ever be?

This game leaves San Diego either 1 back or 3 back in the loss column. The crowd will be noisy, disruptive. I look for San Diego to try and get their ground game going. LT showed some of that signature footwork against Pittsburgh but San Diego was forced to abandon the running game because of the large deficit. I also look for San Diego to exploit height advantages with Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates against Denver's secondary. Denver is the NFL's cinderella story in the first half of the season with the NY Jets having fallen off the map. While it is easy to root for the underdog, San Diego is the better team on paper, and this games is an ideal spot for them IMO. GL all.

Adding:
        San Diego -3.5 (1 Unit)

Comment

Something just doesnt add up about these Broncos AT ALL.

A 1st year coach puts together a bunch of rag dolls, over the hill veterans, rookies and rejects and starts 6-0? :puke:

What is this Vince Lombardi?

Congrats to the Broncos, they fought hard and they were deserving in victory.

They keep proving me wrong, I dont think i'm the only one. :dunno:

Comment

Working...
          X