• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far in 2009

Homedawgs: 17-24 ATS

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Packers off a major upset loss, now home dogs against a Dallas team playing the second of back to back road games and in the middle of a division sandwich after winning a big game against the rival Eagles and the rival Redskins up next. I agree with Hodown here. The Packers will be wired and ready to play. And the Cowboys are the Cowboys, inconsistent, as soon as they look dominant they do something that makes you scratch your head and rethink it all. See Romo throwing a few picks against the very good Green Bay corners and Rodgers exploiting the Dallas pass defense that gives huge chunks of yardage.
      Agreed. As the old saying goes, in the NFL, no team is ever as good or as bad as they looked the week before.

Usually holds true too, and I've gotta believe Romo is long overdue for a "Cutleresque" stinker...

Comment

Originally posted by hodown View Post
        GB's o-line may not be good but in the NFL I like to play good situational spots and this is one. If we're going to say Team A is better than Team B so they're going to cover, then faves would cover every game. But it's the NFL and atleast 20 teams are capable, especially at home, of pulling off an upset. Hell, the Bears beat Pitt at home earlier this year and they look like absolute ****, so anything can happen.

Cinci @ Pitt -7
        Pick the winner here. Pitt coming in off a short week hurts, but I don't think they can afford to lose two games to Cinci. Should be another emotionally charged game and I like the home team. They looked damn good in the second half of the Denver game, and the books are making you pay to take -7 but I'll bite.
        I agree with all of what you said, and I also think Pitt absolutely steamrolls the Bungles this week. Pittsburgh looks to me like the best team in the NFL right now. They're not winning with smoke and mirrors, but rather dominating physically, stifling the run, running themselves, and Ben looks as good as ANYONE back there in the pocket. Of course that could change anytime, but I really really like what I've seen out of them lately. They look every bit like the team who won the superbowl last year to me, and actually even better cause Mendenhall has been a savior since coming in at RB and for whatever reason their ground game has really gotten rolling.

Add revenge for that earlier season mishap, and the Bungles, who have earned much respect this year or this line would be double digits, taste defeat this week.

Books pulling in as much CIN money as they can giving the TD, but like you said, pick the winner :thumbs:

Honestly, I think there is sharp money on PIT and it will be -7.5 or -8 by game time if the public makes any indication that they are going to start siding with PIT (currently about 40% ATS and 35% ML on Steelers), although I don't think they will. I think they're pretty locked in on the opinion that "this is gonna be a close one between 2 good teams, so take the +7 and it should be good no matter who wins". I've seen that reasoning so many times this week so far for this game that I could literally :puke:
        Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 11-13-2009, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Are they the defense that has shown up recently or the one that had zero sacks early in the season?

Is Romo the quarterback he has been the last few games or the guy who threw three picks in that Giants loss and has choked consistently in big games over the last few years?

Are they the team that almost lost to 0-4 Kansas City and were down 10-0 at half or the team that dismantled the Falcons?

Really this is how u gonna break up a team and say inconsistent... i could do that to every team in the nfl... am i gonna get the randy moss who catches 3 td's this week, am i gonna get the randy moss who get 0 td's... am i gonna get the eagles def who got 5 picks vs delhome or the eagle def that gave up 30+ points to the saints???

dude its called matchups.... teams play good and bad each week based on their opponent, and forget roy williams comment, what does he know he has looked consistent to me more than any other wr i have seen all year... he straight up cant help his team at all, kinda like the lions....

colts were blowing people out left and right but could only muster up less than a td wins vs 49ers and jags???

no team in the nfl plays consistent week in and week out (except 2007 patriots) but thats a team on a whole different planet!

anyway you look at it or try and bring the cowboys down they are still 6-2, they won as many games as they could in front of them.

cowboys have 6 wins...
          loss number 1 vs nyg

giants win TOP 34:49 to dal 25:11

turnovers Giants 0 Dallas 4

def td's Giants 1 Dallas 0

Giants win all 3 of these categories and it still takes them a fg with time expiring to win the game?

there 2nd loss came in denver 17-10... dallas led this game 10-0 and also had a chance to tie at end of the game with 4 plays from in side the 10 yard line...

they could have easily been 8-0 as they are 6-2 now....

just saying they are not that inconsistant... they beat a good eagle team at home to last week in primetime....
          NCAAF YTD
          Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Working...
          X