Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang's NFL

BRANDON LANG

30 DIME - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - If you can't beat the Raiders in Oakland then for my dollar you are not beating the Chargers in San Diego.

You can slowly see the implosion of the Eagles happening right before your very eyes. Every year they do it, and two people are responsible.

Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb.

First of all, the Eagles are off 3 divisional games in a row versus the Redskins, Giants and Cowboys. Now they travel west off those games and a loss last week at home to Dallas.

Next, for the Eagles to win McNabb has to outplay Philip Rivers and folks, as I see it that is not happening today.

I had the Chargers as the 25 dime winner last Sunday and they led the Giants in New York the whole way until a big turnover in the 4th quarter by Rivers gave the Giants the lead only to watch Rivers work the 2 minute drill to perfection and deliver the win.

I feel the Chargers are improving every week and winning the AFC West is not out of the question based on the current struggles of the Denver Broncos.

To put it bluntly, I don't trust McNabb or Andy Reid at all in this situation. Not one bit, especially after their implosion at Oakland. To lose to the Raiders 13-9 just goes to show you how bad this Eagles team can be.

This line opened up Chargers -2 and as of Saturday night it had moved down to a pick'em. That is fine with me. Let these people bet the Eagles here. Not me.

15 DIME - NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - (if line is 3 you buy the 1/2 and get 3 1/2, if line is 2 1/2 you buy the 1/2 and get 3.) - Colts are going down.

Probably going to be some line moves on this game as the day progresses,so if it's moves down to 2 nothing I can do about that. If it's 2 1/2 you buy to +3 and if it's 3 you buy the 1/2 to 3 1/2.

Now, watching the Bears-Niners game on Thursday night I was just flabbergasted at how bad the Niners looked. Even with Jay Cutler giving them 5 interceptions, they still looked like a team stuck in the mud.

I am talking about a Niners team that 3 weeks ago went into Indy and gave the Colts all they could handle, and what is even more amazing about the Colts struggle in that game was the fact they were coming off a bye week.

Then last week the Colts struggled all day long to put away a Texans team, and if not for a missed 42 yarder at the end of regulation by Houston to force OT, Indy might very well have lost that game.

The bottom line is this; you start getting into the 7th or 8th week of the season you are not supposed to be struggling with the Niners and Texans of the league, you are supposed to be putting people away.

Colts just aren't doing that and against a team like New England, it will come back to haunt you and I believe it will haunt Indy today.

I love what the Patriots are doing right now having won their last 3 games by double-digits and granted, it was over Tennessee 59-0, Tampa Bay 35-7, and Miami 27-17 but truth be told, I don't see them struggling to put these teams away like Indy is.

Eventually these injuries Indy has on defense is going to catch up to you. You can't be down to your 5th and 6th string DB's and not have a guy like Tom Brady pick you apart and rest assured folks, Alex Smith and Matt Schaub are not to be mistaken for Tom Brady.

This game tonight comes down to match ups across the board and those matchups favor the Patriots. Simple as that.

In their 7 meetings head to head, Tom Brady is 5-2 versus Peyton Manning and believe me, it's as personal as it gets here folks. Very personal.

Lastly, I really want you to examine who the Colts have beaten. Jags to open the year, and the Dolphins on Monday night in a game they never should have won. Arizona, Seattle, Tennessee, Rams, Niners and Houston.

There are no Bill Belichick and Tom Brady tandems in there. At least not the way I see it.

Two teams heading in opposite directions right now, with the Patriots playing great ball and with all their injuries, the Colts are struggling and meeting the wrong team at the wrong time.

10 DIME - DETROIT LIONS - They fight hard, I will give them that much, and I expect them to fight here.

In the first meeting between these two the Lions led most of the first half before a late Vikings touchdown made it 10-7.

Lions were driving first drive of the 3rd quarter when running back Smith fumbled and it then opened up the flood gates.

Detroit actually matches up really well with the Vikings, and have played them tough the last 2 years. Catching this many points is just to much wood for the Vikings to cover.

Lastly, as a favorite of 14 points of more in his career, Brett Farve is 1-14-1 ATS. Only 1 cover my friends and in my mind, no way he gets number 2 today.

FREE SELECTION - KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

good the see him on the Chargers. I like the Dog Killers today
    NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

How is an 8-0 team heading "in the opposite direction" of anyone, other than teams heading backwards. Is he saying New England is heading backwards?

I think it's classic how the public's opinion of both of those teams have swung so much in the last few weeks. The Colts play a few close ones and all of a sudden they suck, and New England beats up on a few chumps and then beats Miami at home in what turned out to be a much closer game than it should have been if New England was "so great", and now New England has their ticket punched to the super bowl already.

Typical public overreaction. Trust the linesmakers who opened the Colts as a fave, and who have stayed there, despite a continuing onslaught of New England action, if you ask me.

I'm thrilled that I'm already on Philly and liking the Colts later, and he is so convincingly stupid that I almost want to add the -17 Viqueens to my card :laughing:

Maybe if DET keeps it close 1H and I can get a better line for the game for MIN, i just might. I still can't believe I backed Puke over GT yesterday after reading his nonsense on that game and didn't buy it back and save myself 2 units.

And who would want to play the 1-7 Chiefs getting +2 on the road vs anyone? Granted it's Oakland, who sucks equally, but how could anyone find value in either side of that game? If someone has, please explain, cause to me it's a total suckfest that could EASILY go either way.

God what a douche

Comment

Working...
      X