Lang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

10 DIME - MIAMI DOLPHINS - (if line is 3, you buy the 1/2 to 3 1/2) - The bottom line is this.

If the Panthers can't run the football against the Dolphins what does that mean?

It means Jake "I love to throw interceptions" Delhomme will have to beat Miami with his arm. Advantage Miami.

Now the AFC and NFC have faced off 29 times this year, with the AFC being a road dog on 11 of those occasions. Guess what the ATS number is?

AFC 7-4 ATS.

Both teams are going to try and run the football and get in play action situations, but for my dollar I believe the Dolphins are going to have more success doing that.

I feel Miami has the better run defense and the numbers show just that allowing less than a 100 yards, while the Panthers give up close to 130.

I know the Panthers have played very well as of late but just when you think you have this team figured out, good old Jake implodes. I am not going to be on the wrong side of that implosion tonight.

If he plays a great game and beats me, so be it. I will take my loss like a man and move on to College football, NBA, and college hoops on Friday and get ready for the weekend.

People are making a big deal out of the loss of Ronnie Brown and I believe it will hurt Miami to a certain degree, but over the last 4 weeks Ricky Williams has actually run for more yards.

I am more impressed with the Dolphins body of work this year as a whole than I am with Carolina as is my feeling the AFC is the superior conference over the NFC, and any time I can get points with the AFC in a battle like this I will gladly take them.

I've maintained for years that when dealing with the Carolina Panthers you go with them as an underdog and against them as a favorite.

Look at this year. Carolina has been favored twice this year and they failed to cover the number both times.

At home versus the Redskins they were laying anywhere from 3 1/2 to 5 and won by 20-17 in a game they should have lost, and 2 games later laying 7 at home to Buffalo they lost 20-9 as a 7 point chalk.

This team has never been able to be trusted as a home favorite and that is exactly the reason why I will gladly take the Dolphins +3 1/2 and watch this game fall right on 3.

FREE SELECTION - COLORADO BUFFALOES
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"
Working...
X