Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNF Lang

lang

20 DIME - NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - Lost in the shuffle of the their near win at Indy is the fact the Patriots defense couldn't stop Indy giving up 35 points.

Yes, Tom Brady looked really good in that game, but let's also not lose sight of the fact New England was playing an opponent they were and are very familiar with.

Tonight they take on a completely different beast in the New Orleans Saints.

Now I was right on the money when I took the Patriots over Indy, and amazingly enough catching 2 points was just enough to get the ATS win.

Amazingly enough, this line much like the New England-Indy line, opened at -3 and has steadily come down.

In doing my radio shows prior to the New England-Indy game I kept saying the same thing over and over again.

You don't go against Tom Brady or Peyton Manning when they are catching points anywhere on the planet earth simply because they are not underdogs very often.

You also match up Belichick and Brady versus the NFC and you will see the fact they have gone 25-2 SU their last 27.

However, there are exceptions to every rule, not only in sports gambling, but in life and in this game tonight the exception is this:

No disrespect to Peyton Manning, but New England is facing perhaps the hottest QB in the NFL right now in Drew Brees with an offense that can not only throw it but they can run it to.

I also can't get by the fact this Saints team has won every single game they have played this year by 8 points or more.

They have found a way to win every single game by a touchdown or more.

Indy has had close games. Patriots have had close games, and even lost 3 games on the road to Denver, Jets and the aforementioned Indy.

With this line coming down, which tells me the world is betting the Patriots, I am going against the public money and backing the Saints at home.

The bottom line for me is this. The overall body of work by the Saints this year and the consistency of their offense and the margins of their wins over everyone tells me they are the right side.

Patriots didn't play all that well last week against the Jets and in fact it was a 20-10 game in the 3rd quarter when Sanchez threw another of his INT's to allow New England to pull away.

I will say it again, every single Saints win this year has been by a margin of more than a touchdown, and getting them in a near pick-em at home against a still young and learning defense is good enough for me.

Lastly, if you don't get pressure on Drew Brees, you are done and considering the fact the Patriots are 28th in the NFL at sacking the QB and the Saints are 3rd best in protecting Drew Brees, expect a great night from the Purdue grad.

It's going to be a great game but at the end of the day in my opinion, the right side of this game is the Saints at home.

FREE SELECTION - DALLAS MAVERICKS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

******* Lang, I was liking the Saints as well :beer2:

Who do you guys like in this one? Sad thing is I agree with much of "Lang's" assessment, I swear though someone is feeding him picks these days because he was on the worst run EVER last month. Guy is a total sham :laughing:
    GO TITANS!

Comment

one thing he is wrong about is that the most public money, dollar amount wise is on NO point spread.

Comment

I don't like this game at all tonight. I went 6-1 yesterday so I am more than happy with my weekend. However, even though I am not playing this one tonight, I do think that we will see this game go over, and probably New Orleans cover. I agree with his assessment of the Pats D, and although I don't think the Saints D is much better, if they are at all, I can see the home field advantage coming through tonight. Pats havent been as good on the road.

Comment

Brandon Lang, c'mon man!

Comment

Working...
          X