X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang

B LANG

Saturday's Selections ...

40 DIME - NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - (if 7 1/2 you buy the 1/2, and lay 7. Never get beat by the hook) - The nightmare gets worse for the Cowboys tonight.

This Dallas team is going down in history as one of the worst December teams ever in the NFL.

First let's start with 3-15-2 ATS their last 20 games played in this month, including 0-2 already this year with the loss at New York against the Giants, and last week at home to the Chargers.

Let me also point out they are 3-10 ATS last 13 on the road.

The biggest thing that now jumps out at me about this football team is the fact they have only beaten one team this year with a winning record and that was Eagles 20-16 when Philly wasn't playing very well.

They have had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year, and for them to struggle the way they have going 8-5 SU and 6-7 ATS is insane. This is an overrated football team that has imploded on the road this year.

Yes, they beat the Bucs to open the year on the road, the aforementioned Eagles and the Chiefs - a game they should of lost before just getting by in OT.

Other than that, they have been flat out embarrassing.

Terrible effort at Green Bay in a horrific offense display 17-7. At Denver 17-10, and the implosion 2 weeks ago at New York against the Giants.

Now they have to travel on a short week to take on the best team in the NFC that has waited 2 weeks to get back home and hammer somebody after 2 lackluster efforts on the road at Washington and Atlanta.

This is going to be a long night for the Dallas defense.

In their 6 home games this year they have been flat out dominante, winning by margins of 18, 14, 21, 8, 10 and 21.

Inside those wins you will see the Jets and the # 1 defense in the league lose 24-10, the Giants 48-29 and lastly the Patriots 38-17. They did have Atlanta down 23-9 at the start of the second half before falling asleep at the wheel, and allowing the Falcons to make a game of it.

The Dallas Cowboys just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and if you think Tony Romo is going to have a great day, he needs to call Tom Brady and have a quick conversation based on what happen to Tom Terrific a couple of Mondays ago.

I have no reservations whatsoever laying this number in what I feel will be a double digit win by the Saints, and a game I feel will go just about the same way the Patriots game did and that is a 3 touchdown blowout.

10 DIME - WYOMING COWBOYS - Just don't trust Fresno State laying double digits in a bowl game.

You look at this team as a bowl favorite and you will see lack of effort every time.

In their 3 roles as a favorite they were beaten 40-35 last year by Colorado State as a 2 1/2 point favorite, in 2005 lost to Tulsa 31-24 as a 7 point favorite, and in 2000 they lost to Air Force 37-34 as a 4 1/2 point favorite.

Hard motivating kids to play a bowl game when they had bigger plans when the season started, and they go play in New Mexico against a team like Wyoming.

As for the Cowboys, they have played hard all year long as since the 4th week of the season only 3 teams have beaten them by more than 10 points and that was Utah, BYU and TCU. Not exactly 3 bad teams to get beat by.

This Wyoming team will play this game like it's their Super Bbowl, will clearly have more motivation and will be glad to be here.

I am going to grab the double digits with the team that has gone a very nice 8-3 ATS this year and look to cash in with them one more time.

10 DIME - GONZAGA BULLDOGS - I will gladly look to cash in on this inflated Duke public line all day long.

Across the board I can't think of a team that matches up this good with Duke, and won't be intimidated by playing at Madison Square Garden.

Only two teams have beaten the 'Zags this year, and that was Wake Forest by 2, and Michigan State by 4. That is how competitive this Gonzaga team has been.

Duke is Duke, and they are crusing along with just 1 loss this year and that was at Wisconsin and although I know the 'Zags have to play great basketball to win this game outright, they most certainly match up well with the Blue Devils in what I feel will be a fantastic game wire to wire.

There is value with the Bulldogs here, and the public continues to have a fantastic fascination with the Dookies and because of that, I will gladly grab the line value with the 'Zags in a game I feel goes right down to the wire.
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Good stuff! Wow you got this early! I have been fading for a few months now and holding my own! :sm:

Also like to fade....
    Joe Wiz

BOL

BB:thumbs:
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Brandon Lang

40 DIME - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - (if 7 1/2 you buy the 1/2, and lay 7. Never get beat by the hook) - It just won't be there today for the Bengals.

If you struggle offensively at Minnesota, and only throw for 97 yards against the 16th rated pass defense of the Vikings, what are you going to do against the 10th pass defense in the Chargers? A defense that is getting better week-in and week- out.

Fact of the matter is the Bengals offense hasn't really been all that dynamic all year and when you start throwing for less than a 100 yards in week 14, I just can't trust you back to back on the road against anybody anywhere.

It was a very physical game at Minnesota, and they were completely shut down and now they face an even hotter team in the Chargers winners of 11 in a row in December under Norv Turner and if that isn't enough for you, get a load of this:

Philip Rivers is 18-0 SU, and 15-3 ATS when facing a team off a loss at home, which of course is the case with the Bengals last week at Minnesota.

My gut feeling right now is you can pencil in the AFC Championship game right now in Indy between the Chargers and the Colts because you are going to see just how outclassed this Bengals team is against what I feel is the 2nd best team in the AFC and right now the 3rd best team in the NFL.

And folks, you can't discount the Chris Henry factor on the hearts and minds of these Bengals players and if they were at home it might be a different story but on the road in this situation, I will gladly lay the number in what I truly feel will be a double digit home win for San Diego.

The Chargers are the play.

20 DIME - GREEN BAY PACKERS -"Unleash hell" in December.

Famous words of Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin days before his team took the field at home against the Raiders, this after his team lost to the Chiefs in Kansas City the week before.

"Unleash hell" was a 27-24 home loss to Oakland as a 13 1/2 point home favorite.

Ok Mike, we will give you a mulligan and let you go to Cleveland and face a Browns team you had beaten 13 in a row and another chance for you to "unleash hell."

You then proceed to lose 13-6 in one of the most embarrasing, lethargic efforts I personally have ever seen since I've been a handicapper.

Let's be honest here, this team should have never won the Super Bowl and they should never have been put up on that holy pedestal they were put on because then this fall they were on wouldn't have been as shocking.

Fact of the matter is this is an average football team playing average football, and once you really accept them for who they are, then losses like at Kansas City, home to Oakland and at Cleveland won't seem so shocking.

Green Bay on the other hand is playing solid football and from an X's and O's standpoint, they propose some serious matchup problems against this very beatable Steelers defense.

The bottom line for me is the fact when the Steelers returned home to face the Raiders and QB Brad Gradkowski, they were playing for their season and they failed. Then they went on the road with their season even more on the line facing Brady Quinn and they failed.

Now against the best team they have faced in weeks and a hot QB in Aaron Rodgers, I just don't see them having the will power nor emotion to step up with 60 minutes of football if they weren't able to do it the last 3 weeks against 3 of the worst teams in football.

I am going to war with the Packers all day long.

10 DIME - CLEVELAND BROWNS - The bottom line is the Kansas City Chiefs shouldn't be favored over anybody in the NFL. Simple as that.

They were a home favorite once this year and that was at home to the Raiders and they lost outright 13-10.

This Cleveland team is playing perhaps their best ball of the year right now and with the extra time off since beating the hell out of the Steelers 13-6, a game they sacked Big Ben 8 times, it is going to be a long day for Matt Cassel.

If Cassel plays well enough against this improving Browns defense to get the win, so be it, I will take my loss and move on but for my dollar I say no way.

Since their super bowl type win at home over the Steelers 3 weeks ago, they have proceeded to get destroyed by the Chargers 43-14 and back-to-back games at home by Denver 44-13, and the Bills 16-10.

Head coach Todd Haley now realizes Matt Cassel isn't the answer, but then again as bad as this team is they have no answers and I will take the Browns in this spot who have at least shown some consistent play the last few weeks.

Cleveland has covered 4 in a row, and 7 of their last 10, and I really like what I am seeing from Brady Quinn at QB, and the wildcat with Joshua Cribbs.

I will go to war with the small dog here and call for the Browns to get their 2nd straight win here

Cleveland is the play.

FREE SELECTION - ARIZONA CARDINALS
      "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comment

Working...
      X