Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang MNF

BRANDON LANG

30 DIME - NEW YORK GIANTS - (if 3 1/2 you buy the 1/2, and lay 3. Never get beat by the hook) - Don't trust Jason Campbell on the big stage.

As good as the Redskins have been, as good as they have played, I have sat back and watched this guy give games away.

I am aware of how good Washington has been playing, covering 5 in a row and against the likes of the Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Saints and Raiders.

If you look closer at those 5 games they could have very easily won all 5 of those SU but fact of the matter is they didn't.

Campbell has looked really good lately, but I have trusted him way too many times in exact situations like this only to have him implode.

As for the Giants, they came off the big win over Dallas to a loss at home to Philly, a game they came back from 14-0 down to take a 31-30 lead only to lose 45-38.

They got the big plays to beat Dallas, but gave up the big play to lose to Philly. What favors New York here is the fact the Redskins are not a big play offense.

Also, when it comes to the NFC East you have always had a weird dynamic involving Dallas, Philly, Giants and Redskins.

Washington plays the Eagles and Cowboys tough, but struggle against the Giants. While the Giants always battle hard versus Philly and Dallas, but have their way with Washington.

No matter how badly this Giants team has been lately the numbers strongly support New York being the play here.

They've won 6 of their last 7 games versus the Redskins going 5-1-1 ATS.

Not only has the Giants won 3 in a row SU at Fed Ex Field, but has covered 5 of their last 7 trips here.

Lastly, the road team is 4-1-1 ATS last 6 in this series and the favorite is 7-2-1 ATS last 10.

I will ride the Giants to continue their dominance over this Redskins team.

15 DIME - PHOENIX SUNS - Revenge will be sweet tonight for the Suns.

In the first meeting you can thank the NBA schedule maker for serving up the Suns on a silver platter for the Cavs to just blow them out, which they did 107-90 jumping out to a 58-39 halftime lead.

Starting on November 3rd, the Suns played 12 of their 16 games on the road including 2 East coast road trips, and guess who the last team on the tough run was, yup Cleveland.

From the 3rd through the 9th the Suns played at Miami, Orlando, Boston, Washington and Philly. That is 5 games in 7 nights on the road.

They returned back to the land of the Sun for a home game against the Hornets only to go to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers on back-to-back nights.

They got Toronto at home before 2 more on the road at Houston and New Orleans before back home for a pair with Detroit and Memphis.

Next thing you know back to the East coast for 4 more games at Minnesota, Toronto, New York and Cleveland.

So if it wasn't hard enough rolling into Cleveland playing on back-to-back nights having battled the Knicks the night before, it was also the 4th game in 6 nights.

And as I pointed out, their 12th road game in 16 games played over 32 days.

I don't care who you are, a schedule like that and jet lag would lead to any blowout.

Now back home well rested playing only their 4th game in the last 9 days and catching the Cavs on back to back nights having played in Dallas last night, I will jump all over this Suns team at home in this spot here.

With the line being so low and the Suns a perfect 10-0 at home this year covering 7 of those.

A win is most likely going to be a cover and I will gladly jump on Phoenix in a great revenge spot here and a perfect back-to-back spot to get the win over this Cavs bunch.

The only team to roll into Phoenix on the 2nd of back to back games was the Pistons and the up tempo Suns destroyed them 117-91.

I can't see a destruction like that but I do see the Suns taking care of business and getting the win.

FREE SELECTION - CAL SANTA BARBARA GAUCHOS
    In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
    The Grateful Dead..........
    "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

THANK YOU

Brandon Lang!! Hello Redskins!!:beerbang:

Comment

I don't automatically fade lang anymore. Lately he's been better than 50%. I'm not just saying that because I've been on the NY Giants all week. You can see my post on the week 15 discussion.

Everything points to the skins in this situation, besides the Must Win factor for the Giants. I'll think again about the NY pick, but I think he gets it right this time. I don't like it when he uses reasoning by talking about recent past performances, that's the worst way to cap. He didn't make his pick based on that, so I'm okay with it.
      39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
      Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
      Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Comment

Recovering,
        What do you see pointing toward the skins? Just interested because I see a lot pointing toward the NY!

Comment

Ram,

Repasted from the week 15 discussion thread:

Redskins +3 vs. NYG
          Two teams going in opposite directions. Washington has looked great lately, and has covered 5 games in a row, and the Giants are 1-7 ATS in their last 8. This line looks fishy, but it's not. Washington coming off a blowout of Oakland, NY getting abused by Philly in prime time spotlight. First game Washington covered, and it went over. The only thing that throws me is I hate betting against a team that got slaughtered last time they were on Primetime. Last game washington played on MNF the public was alllll over Philly, and washington did as expected, lost and did not cover. Over is 6-1 in Washington's last 7. The Giants last 2 games went over as well. First meeting between these 2 went over. I like Giants and UNDER, but being a local, I know the weather is going to be really bad this weekend, and I don't know if it will carry over to Monday.

Another interesting trend I read on another forum is that if the public loses on a SNF, they win MNF, and vice versa. The system is something like 12-1 so far this year. Since I like Carolina a lot on SNF, the system play would be NYG for Monday.
          39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
          Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
          Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Comment

Giants are 1-7 ATS Last 8..........Enough said :thumbs:
            In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is drivin' by
            The Grateful Dead..........
            "The Egyptian book of the Dead"

Comment

I totally agree with recovering77.

I think this line looks fishy towards Washington, not NYG. When it came out, my first thought was "why the hell are the Giants a road fave against a Washington team who has looked pretty damn good, has covered 5 straight against some good teams, and took it to the (then) undefeated Saints all day only to give it away late?"

Backing the Giants makes me want to :puke: and seeing Lang on it today makes me want to :puke: even more, but I gotta bet on what I believe, and I believe Washington +3 is just begging for a play on the home dog.

GL which ever way you guys go :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Fellas,
                I see where you're coming from..very good points, and thoughts..Have been thinking about the SNF/MNF football Public hitting one night and vice versa..also NYG 1-7 ATS the spread, another good point deadhead!! I just hate how up and down NY is..If they play to their ability then they should roll, but i have a hard time betting against the public, and siding with lang lol!! GLTA of ya fellas!!

Hey stiff..whats your Six Teamer for tonight LOL!! still can't believe that!

Comment

Working...
                X