Eagles agree to trade QB D. Mcnabb to the Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles agree to trade QB D. Mcnabb to the Redskins

Full details on the trade will be posted here on Monday.
    Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

From the perspective of a fan of a team who hasn't had a worthwhile QB in 15 years, I always hated to see the spoiled brat Eagles fans crying about McNabb and not appreciating the fact that they had a SIX TIME PRO BOWL QB who led them to what, 5 NFC Championship games and a super bowl?

Yea, he sucked.

Maybe the Colts fans should cry to run Manning out of town too.

An untested Kevin Kolb? The horribly inaccurate Mike Vick who can't even really do the one thing anymore that he once could, run?

As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for Eagles fans, you might just get it....

Comment

I don't think of myself as one of the fans who undervalues mcnabb, but it was time to move on. He was going to be a free agent next year anyway and it has been apparent for some time that the eagles didn't want to extend mcnabb's contract long term so why not get something in return for him now instead of waiting until next year when he walks and maybe we get compensated something not even close to the 2 picks the eagles got by shipping him? They are most likely going to parlay their first rd pick and maybe one of the 2nd rd picks to move up. The eagles decided to move on so there is nothing that I or any other fan can do about it. I am thankful for what mcnabb did for the franchise and how he put the eagles back on the map, but at the same time I'm curious as to what Kolb can do. I hope that doesn't make me a spoiled cry baby eagles fan :hide:

Comment

I am a big eagles fan, i dont care if mcnabb leaves, i care more about them sending him to redskins, u give a team that desperately needs a qb to be playoff contenders and possibly division winners :pud:

i hope there is a guy listening to me out there when i preach in my living room about how i would love colt mccoy on my team, eagles if by miracle you read this message....

PLEASE PLEASE TRADE UP AND GRAB THAT LONG HORN, HE WILL BE VERY GOOD!:beerbang:
        NCAAF YTD
        Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

They wouldn't need to trade up to get him. He's not even really projected to go before pick 25 or so. I don't even know if any mock drafts have him going in the first round. Latest news was that the eagles were looking into Tebow lol.

Comment

From day one McNabb was booed and not appreciated by Eagles fans in general. I too live directly in the middle of Eagles country, and have plenty of friends who are big Eagles fans, and I know just how it is.

I don't disagree with moving on if thats the direction the team is choosing to go in, although it would have seeme to me the Eagles still have a legit shot at being a contender with a Legit QB, something Kolb has not proven to be, at least not yet, and Vick has proven not to be. Moving McNabb seems like a move a rebuilding team would make, and maybe that is exactly what they're doing, I don't know.

None of that really has anything to do with my original point though, which was that it has been beyond sickening for the last 10-15 years to hear so many Eagles fans crying about McNabb and how the Eagles needed a new QB all the time, like pro bowl QB's grow on trees or fall from the sky, instead of appreciating what they already had, which was a pretty damn solid NFL QB.

Maybe they wanna try out Rob Johnson, or JP LOSSman? Trent Edwrards, or maybe Todd Collins? Ryan Fitzpatrick perhaps? Or any other butt bag the Bills have tried since Jim Kelly. When the best QB (by far) your team has had in the last 15 seasons is Doug Flutie, and you hear on nearly a daily basis at work and everywhere else from Eagles fans how bad McNabb is and to get rid of him, I'm sorry, but that to me sounds like the behavior of a spoiled brat kid.

Not saying anyone here even shares that opinion of McNabb, but it has been the general public opinion of him amongst Eagles fans for most of his time in Philly, and I don't think anyone living in the area where we live could deny that.

Comment

As a GB Packers fan I must preface my remarks by saying I still can't get over Brad Favre's 4th-and-26 puke in Philly in the NFC Champ game, so I have a little angst if you will toward the Eagles to start.

But I have to agree with Stiff here, and the FACT THEY TRADED HIM TO AN NFC EAST RIVAL is in my opinion the final slap in the face and another example of how undervalued the Eagles treated McNabb at times. If Kolb-for-McNabb works out sort of the way our Rodgers-for-Favre has turned out so far, then the move is justifiable ... sort of. But to trade him to a rival ... anybody see how great Favre played against GB this year? That makes little to no sense to me, don't you learn that in your freshman year in Intro to NFL GM 101?

This is just one of several bizarre QB moves this offseason: Holmgren ****cans Brady and Anderson in Cleveland for Jake "5 INT" Delhommee? Seattle trades for Charlie Whitehurst and then pays him like a starter to really compete with Hasselbeck?

Wierd man. It seems like GM/Head Coach egos are starting to run rampant and they don't care who is playing QB anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                Latest news was that the eagles were looking into Tebow lol.

Oh dear god :ohman:
                NCAAF YTD
                Overall

67-46-2 +41.08 units

Comment

Working...
                X