BigShotRex, Week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigShotRex, Week 1

Hi everyone, I'm Rex. I've been lurking for a bit but gambling for years. I love the content on this site and I'm PUMPED that the NFL is back, so I wanted to give back a little and start posting myself.

My gambling style is a little different than most. I am definitely NOT a flat better. I like to start with small bankrolls and take calculated risks to drastically increase the BR. I'm not afraid to reload at least once. This is a pretty volatile style which sometimes involves busting, but when things go well the gains are HUGE.

Starting BR: $2,200
    Target br:$20,000

Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? Nope, I've gotten it before! Realistically though, I'm happy with any profit I can get. I just like to set high goals for myself.

My week 1 Sunday Picks

Indy (-2) $880 to win $800

This is a public pick, which sometimes makes me nervous. But there are too many factors for me to ignore:

- In the past 5 years, Indy has started the year with a minimum 7 game win streak
    - Indy has won outright vs Houston in 9 of last 10. The one loss occured in the end of December of 2006.
    - Houston had a good year in 2009 but took advantage of some less than stellar competition. Only 2 of their wins were against teams with better than .500 records: cincy (quality win) and NE (meaningless week 17 game for the Pats)

Atl (-1) $440 to win $400
    Steelers fade. They are sending out a third string quarterback and a rookie center who shouldn't be able to exploit Atlanta's shaky pass D. I expect a good effort from the Falcons, so my only concern is if Pitt can keep up. I don't think they will.

Chi/Det (O44) $880 to win $800
    I think this number is way too low. Probably driven down my the Bears general poor showing in the preseason but I expect that to turn around. Both teams will throw and I expect both teams to break 20 points.

Love the analysis! Welcome aboard and GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Crazy aggressive betting system buddy, but i like the picks! Good luck to us both.

Comment

20Gs...now that would make for a great season! Best of Luck! :thumbs:
        It sounded like a good idea at the time...

Comment

OUCH!! :bang:
          It sounded like a good idea at the time...

Comment

I hope you'll stick around after this week...
            NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
            MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
            MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
            NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---
            One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
            X