Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NFL Picks

Hey Guys,

New to the site. Just posted my picks for NBA and NCAA Football. Figured I'd post for NFL too. I'd say NFL is where I"m the best at this point.

YTD: 0-0
    UNITS: 0-0

Redskins at Lions
    Take Lions -2.5 (2 units)

Historically, this is the exact type of game where the Redskins literally, won't even show up. A hard fought win on the road last week and they are now on the road again for the second straight week to face a Lions team, who on paper, they should be able to beat. BUT, the Lions are a bettter team then what you can see on paper. Especially their passing offense, which is where the Redskins struggle defensively. I think the Lions win this game by at least a TD. 34-27 Lions

Packers at Jets
    Take Packers +6 (1 unit)

Jets are on fire right now and have covered the spread, 5 straight games. I'm picking the Packers to buck the trend and win this game outright. Jet will control this game for the first 3 quarters but the Packers will rally in the 4th for a come from behind victory 23-20 Packers.

Dolphins at Benglas
    Take Dolphins +1.5 (4 units)

Dolphins are coming off of the controversial loss at home to the Steelers but in that game, they proved that they are physical enough to play against anyone in the league. Defensively, they gave up some big plays, but that is mostly due to Big Bens ability to escape pressure and still get the ball down field. Carson Palmer does not have that ability. The Bengals offense will struggle all game long and I expect a dominant performace from the Dolphins, bouncing back from a tough loss. The game won't be as close as my score would imply. A late TD by the Bengals to get it closer. 27-17

Titans at Chargers
    Take Chargers -3.5 (1 unit)

This is a MUST win for the Chargers. I know people say it every week, "the Chargers have to show up this week.", but literally, the Chargers HAVE TO SHOW UP THIS WEEK. Unlike the Cowboys, who lost in a similar situation last week, the Chargers are still in it, as long as they can right this ship quickly. These two teams are headed in different directions. Titans have rattled off 3 wins in a row and the Chargers have lost 3 in a row. Common sense should tell me that the Titans should be favored in this game, but they're not and that's what gets me. Last week, I went against the Chargers and went with the Patriots. That went very well for me. This week I'm calling for the SUPER CHARGERS to finally show up. They just need to stop shooting themselves in the foot. This is the week! 31-17 Chargers

Steelers at Saints
    Take Steelers -1 (2 units)

This one was actually going to be a larger play for me and honestly, it still may end being a big play depending on a few factors leading up to the game. I think the Steelers are the best team in the league. When you have a defense this good, you ALWAYS have a chance to win, no matter who your playing and who you have under center. WIth that said, Big Ben is under center. And unlike his counter part, Drew Brees, his defense will give him a a very short field at least a couple of times per game. Drew Brees and the saints have not looked like the same team the won the SB. In this game, brees will be fighting a losing battle as they will trail all game and have to sustain LONG drives if they want to score. And long drives against the steelers defense either 1. don't happen 2. end in a TO. I think the Steelers come out and REALLy solidify themselves as the best team in the league in front of a national audience. 28-14 Steelers

Will be back for the Monday night game! GL All

Welcome to our humble home! Nice analysis!

Comment

WORD!

GL!
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
      X