Week #10 NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week #10 NFL

Hey guys I am new to the site, but not new to the world of handicapping...I started off the year pretty slow, but have gained some steam over the last several weeks...I have followed the site for about 6 weeks now and have been a little apprehensive to post my selections as I didn't want to sway in the wrong direction...I have a good card for week 10...I will post them a few hours before kickoff...get ready to take THE MAN down...

Early games Week#10

Minnesota at Chicago
    Look for Minnesota to snap an 8 game Road losing streak here. Favre has owned Chicago over his career. Peterson has averaged 108 rushing yards per game this season, so I don't see anything less than that in this one. The fact that Favre is missing some of his offensive weapons doesn't worry me a bit to lay the points in this one. Look for Favre to play somewhat conservative and rely on AP and Shiancoe in this one as I see Minnesota jumping out to a fast start and leaving it up to Jared Allen and the rest of the Viking D to wreak havoc on Jay Cutler and the Bears.

VIKINGS -2.5...........5 UNITS

Tennessee at Miami
    This one is an interesting one...what kind of impact will Randy Moss have on a decent Titans team??? Well I believe that Moss's precense will indeed be a good one for Chris Johnson and the Titans rushing attack...with the loss of Kenny Britt and with Young not on the field, I was torn at first...my thought was that Moss and VY would be really good together, but with Moss's limited knowledge of the playbook I think having a veteran QB in Kerry Collins bodes well for the Titans offense this week. Miami has there own issues in this one, as they go to another Veteran in Chad Pennington...look for Pennington to make some mistakes from playing behind as I like the Titans to grab a quick lead and let CJ run wild...and the Titans D to force some costly turnovers in a lopsided victory...

Take the Titans pk.......3 units

Houston at Jacksonville is an interesting one...Matt Schaub and the Texans look to bounce back after a horrible loss last week to the Chargers...the Texans flat out gave the game away...the Texans D is horrible right now, but look for Kubiak to have his team inspired to get right back in thick of this Division...I know, I know the Jaguars have owned the Texans in Jacksonville, but look for Schaub to play mistake free football and use his weapons early and often...Arian Foster is a hell of a back and Andre Johnson is a beast...I see Joel Dressens stepping up and making his mark in this game...look for the Texans to use a balanced attack on offense and Brian Cushing and the D to get to Garrard and force him to make some mistakes...he played out of his mind against a lowly Cowboys D...I don't buy that Garrard is back...I chalk that up to the Cowboys being that bad on D...I see the Texans forcing Garrard to make some plays as MJD is gonna struggle...my play here is

Texans pk.......3 units

Vikings -2.5
    Titans pk
    Texans pk
    Jets -4

Don't be scared to play the Road teams...this season the road teams have faired just fine...I will post my afternoon plays shortly...

Upset Alert....Dallas Cowboys +13.5 and +475 on ML...write up to follow...

Good luck

Comment

I like those picks

Except for tennesse I think Miami can beat them in Miami

Comment

Nice picks I have every single pick of yours on my card also!!! except Dallas I believe in Garrett but I want to see how they fair this week.. I really like your top three plays though!

Gl!

Comment

:welcome: and GL to ya Chot! Looking forward to your posts! :beerbang:

I'm with ya on the Vikes & Texans! :thumbs:
          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcomes and GL wishes...let's get em today...:beerbang:

Comment

Not a good day today...the only late play that I made, definitely made up for the stupidity that ran thru my head on the early selections...

Vikings.....Loss...5 units
              Texans.....Loss...3 units
              Titans......Loss...3 units
              Jets.........Win...3 units
              Cowboys...Win...5 units
              Cowboys...ML BIG WIN...I played 1300 to Win 5225:beerbang:

Finished the day way up but just because I went on TILT...looking at tonight and can't come up with a side...

Comment

2 plays on tonights game

Patriots +4.5....5 units
                Over 46...........3 units

I look for the Pats to bounce back after getting humiliated by the Browns...I think the Steelers are still the better team here, but I like the game to end on a FG...

Steelers 34
                Pats. 31

Comment

Originally posted by Chot17 View Post
                  Cowboys...ML BIG WIN...I played 1300 to Win 5225:beerbang:
                  WOW.. HOW did you get this???

Comment

Viet.....

I played the Cowboys to WIN the game outright...the Money Line was +425...I played 1300 to Win 5225...

Comment

Monday Night Football

Somehow by being on complete TILT from the dismall start to the day, I was able to turn things around with some solid plays in the afternoon and Sunday night game...a recap from yesterday...

Vikings.........Loss..........5 units(-5.5)
                      Texans.........Loss..........3 units(-3.3)
                      Titans...........Loss..........3 units(-3.3)

Patriots.........Win...........5 units(+5.0):beerbang:
                      Over.............Win...........3 units(+3.0)

I have deleted the plays that I made, but did not post prior to the game

RECORD SINCE 1ST POST
                      2-3 minus -4.10 units

I am still looking at tonights game...it definitely appears as though this game should be an easy one...the Eagles are definitely the better team here, but McNabb seems to respond quite well after being embarrassed...The public seems to think the Eagles dominate this one, but I will wait and see...
                      Last edited by Chot17; 11-15-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

My play tonight is the

OVER 42.5.......5 units

I like for both teams to try to make statements here...I like the Vick and McNabb battle here...Vick wants to show up and prove the Eagles right in getting rid of McNabb and McNabb is gonna try to make a point to let the Shanahans know that he is indeed a great QB and does understand the playbook...:laughing:

Look for a battle to the end...I dont think that this game flies over the total early, but that is why they play for 60 minutes...

This game is to close to call for me to pick a side...I really feel that the Eagles are the better team and should easily win and cover, but I am not willing to risk it...

Please post your feed back as you probably arent gonna sway me from my OVER, but if you have a really good feeling on the side, let me know...:bang:

GL

Comment

Way to go Chot :beer2:

Comment

Somehow by being on complete TILT from the dismall start to the day, I was able to turn things around with some solid plays in the afternoon and Sunday night game...a recap from yesterday...

Vikings.........Loss..........5 units(-5.5)
                            Texans.........Loss..........3 units(-3.3)
                            Titans...........Loss..........3 units(-3.3)
                            Jets..............Win...........3 units(+3.0)
                            Cowboys.......Win...........5 units(+5.0)
                            Cowboys ML +425.WIN...52.25 units(+52.25):beerbang:
                            Patriots.........Win...........5 units(+5.0):beerbang:
                            Over.............Win...........3 units(+3.0)

Ended up fairing very well yesterday...+56.15 units on the day:beerbang:

RECORD SINCE 1ST POST
                            5-3 up 56.15 units

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. I saw the claim last night but wasn't going to say anything, but once you seriously try to include it in your record I just have to. You post all the units and reasoning for the early ones, along with the mention that you will be on the Cowboys+pts and moneyline. Rough early going, and a very good call with the Boys su win.....

However, you come back at 8 saying you played the ML for more than what you played any other play? Now you are trying to include it as an actual record? Cmon man
                            Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Not a good day today...
                              and if you really made that wager, you definitely wouldn't be making this statement:dunno:
                              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
                              X