Ravens at Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens at Carolina

Just thought this was interesting Ravens look good at -11 Jus wondering what others thought

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Brian St. Pierre(notes) will play behind a makeshift offensive line, without Carolina’s top three running backs and minus the Panthers’ No. 3 receiver, when he makes his first NFL start.
    Running backs Jonathan Stewart(notes) and Tyrell Sutton(notes), receiver Brandon LaFell(notes) and left guard Travelle Wharton(notes) have joined quarterback Jimmy Clausen(notes) in being ruled out of Sunday’s game against Baltimore.
    FILE- In this Jan. 3, 2010, fi…
    AP - Nov 18, 2:28 pm EST

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>function prev_photo() { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index > 0) { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_i ndex - 1); } else { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_inde x); }}function next_photo() { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index) { goto_photo(YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_i ndex + 1); } else { goto_photo(0); }}function update_buttons() {/* if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index > 0) { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_prev" , "prev_disabled"); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_prev", "prev_disabled"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_prev" , "prev"); } if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index) { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_next", "next"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_next" , "next_disabled"); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass("article_carousel_next", "next_disabled"); YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("article_carousel_next" , "next"); }*/}function goto_photo(p) { if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos) { for(i = 0; i < YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos.length; i++) { if (i == p) { YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.Sports.article_carou sel_photos[i], "display", ""); } else { YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.Sports.article_carou sel_photos[i], "display", "none"); } } if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page) { YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page.innerHT ML =(p + 1); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index = p; } } update_buttons();}YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_in it = function () { YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("article_carousel_pre v", "click", prev_photo); YAHOO.util.Event.addListener("article_carousel_nex t", "click", next_photo); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_index = 0; YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_current_page = YAHOO.util.Dom.get("carousel_page"); YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos = YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsByClassName("item", "div", "leadphoto"); if (YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_photos) { goto_photo(0); }}YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_init();</SCRIPT>
    St. Pierre, who had been out of the league until he was signed last week, will start ahead of rookie Tony Pike(notes) with Clausen sidelined with a concussion.
    Mike Goodson(notes) is expected to start at running back for Carolina, while Mackenzy Bernadeau(notes) will fill in for Wharton.
    Linebacker Jon Beason(notes) (knee) and defensive end Charles Johnson(notes) (hip) are probable after practicing Friday.
    NFL 8-5 + 5.97

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

I like the Ravens -11 but lately they haven't been winning games convincingly. This could be the game though...

Comment

Dare I say there's no way St Pierre can be worse than Claussen? Not that being better than Claussen is saying anything, because that guy is just brutal...just saying that I don't see how anyone could be a downgrade from claussen.

Comment

I agree Stiff. It's just after watching Charlie Whitehurst and Tyler Thigpen I don't think Pierre will fair any better today the Ravens have extra rest and will be ready to play
        NFL 8-5 + 5.97

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Comment

Haha you're probably right. I was more bashing Claussen than supporting St Pierre lol

Comment

Panthers fan (yeah I know) here. I have watched every play this season and the stats can't even begin to describe how bad this team is. They were bad with a full complement of players, but now they are down to their 4th string running back and a quarterback who they signed a week ago who has taken 5 snaps in 8 NFL seasons. The O-Line is just terrible and is a big reason why the Panthers are facing the current quarterback dilemma. Don't be surprised if St. Pierre doesn't finish the game today.

The one bright spot for awhile was the defense but they had an awful game against Tampa last week and generally appear to be getting worn down as the season goes along. To top it off the local media has been killing the Panthers all week and heavily criticizing Fox for signing and then starting St. Pierre. There are even talks of a mutiny with Fox beign a lame duck HC in the final year of his contract. It is a bad situation all the way around.

I think this one gets ugly early and Baltimore rolls to a 3 TD win.

Comment

Working...
            X