Bears/Patriots Total

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears/Patriots Total

Anyone have thoughts on Bears/Patriots total? I’m seeing right around 41 at different places right now. Granted, it is still 4 days and change until kickoff but they are forecasting nasty weather for the game. Temps are supposed be in the 20s (which isn’t too bad) but they are forecasting 40+ MPH wind gusts which would knock the wind chill to around -6. They are also calling for a pretty good amount of snow starting on Saturday night lasting through Sunday night (3:15 local kickoff).
    I do remember that mid-October snowstorm last year where the Pats hung 59 on Tennessee but I also remember that super-windy Pats-Bills game 2 or 3 years ago where passing was pretty much impossible and the Pats won in the neighborhood of 13-0. The last Bears home games I can recall that were super cold were wins over the Falcons (in ’05) and Packers (in ’08) that were relatively low-scoring affairs.
    A combo of the cold, wind, and snow definitely make this worth monitoring. Just my two cents.
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

That's interesting. I got the exact same note from a buddy in Chicago this morning. It seems to me like an excessively easy play if the weather is bad and not a bad play even if the weather isn't bad.
    MLB
    May
    Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
    Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
    Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
    Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
    Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
    Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Line is down to 38/38.5 in all the books I've seen. It sounds like the snow will stop before kickoff but a wind chill of around -5 at kickoff and wind gusts now up to 55 MPH.
      Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

So much for that...

I had 41 and all of Chicagos turnovers and stupid plays killed that early and yet it still only got to 43.

To top if off, I played NE over 7.5 TT in the second and they scored 3...:bang:

Should have been an easy under without chicago and cutlers typical BS.

Comment

Working...
        X