Week 15 Ice Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 15 Ice Picks

Decent start to the forum last week going 3-1-1 (+1.9 units), hope to keep it going this week.

Indy -5 (-110) - Everybody knows Indy has been down this year partly due to injuries and Jax has been on a roll lately. Hoping the oddsmakers have accounted for this with a slightly less inflated line for Indy (I dont care if it is inflated, I'll still bite). This coupled with the fact that Jax has covered ATS their last 6 while Indy has lost ATS their last 3 - going with the law of averages. I'll also note that in Indy's last 3 SU losses, they actually outgained their opponents (Dal, SD, NE) in yardage.

Buffalo +5.5 (-110) - Still think Buffalo is flying under the radar this year. Certainly not world-beaters but better than their record indicates. Rode them last week and I'll stick with them this week.

NY Giants -3 (-100) - I think the Giants are one of the more consistent teams and have been playing well lately without much press. Still feels like everybody is in love with Vick and the Eagles, but I think their time in the spotlight should have been over with in November. Giants last two SU losses were against Philly (revenge factor) and Dallas - after they fired Phillips when the team was rejuvenated. Think NYG get it done at home.

Detroit +5.5 (-110) - Same reasons as Buffalo. For some reason I'm just not buying into TB being that good.

Seattle +6 (-110) - More of a play against Atl on their third away game in a row. Lots of public love for Atlanta and I think its too easy to play them against a struggling Seattle team.

NYJ +6 (-110) - Could be one of the more unpopular plays on this forum, but as I said in another thread I think if these teams were stocks, I'd be buying NYJ low and selling Pitt high. Way too easy to pick Pitt against a NYJ team that scored 3 and 6 pts the last two weeks. Betting this trend doesn't continue.

BOL this week :thumbs:
    2010 NCAAF: 10-5 (+4.5 units)
    2010 NFL: 18-5 (+12.6 units)
    2010 NCAAB: 34-24 (+8.6 units)
    2011 MLB: 33-50 (-10.34 units)

*Past performance is not an indication of future results.

GL PI, like the J-E-T-S play, hope the dirty sanchez don't do us dirty
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Thx Q, GL this weekend.

Adding GB +14 (-110) - Another buy low, sell high pick. Pats have been steamrolling opponents with everything going their way, and here comes GB who just lost to Detroit and lost their starting QB in the process. Perfect time to buy GB and sell NE.

:thumbs:

Comment

Ice, Ice, Baby.......love the Jets pick as well.....GL! :thumbs:

Probably agin ya on a couple......
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL this week PI:thumbs:
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I actually agree with all of your plays except Buff. I love the Jets today..........

Comment

Good luck today! I am with you on Seattle!
              NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
              MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
              MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
              NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
              Updated on 01/13/18
              ---
              One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

nice week

- love your analogy to stocks with your picks. Not sayin' I'm Warren Jesus H. Buffet or anything, but a good thing to keep in mind week to week.

- that and GB, wish I coulda been on them last night, but I was just thinking, if A-Rodge were playing would the line be 7 or 3-5 that the Pats would have to lay? That being said, with Rodgers being out, is he worth 7+ points alone for the spread? As good a team as GB, I would say no, unless your backup is like Derek Anderson or Jake Delhomme :puke: That and notoriously first time starters mid-season do pretty well ATS

keep up the good work Huff :beerbang:
                :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Thx Joepa, Udog, mgh, drake and Q.

NYG :bang: Can't believe Philly came back like that in the 4th. Checked the ticker with about 8 min left and figured they had it. Would've been a good one to watch.

Q - good point about first time starters. I seem to remember from this forum a couple years back somebody kept track of first time starters thoughout the year and it was a ridiculous ATS record - somewhere around 15-2 I want to say. Something to keep in mind as I'm sure the line is inflated and/or moved by the public because of that. Might have to follow this trend for tonights game.

Leaning Minny and Under tonight but don't know if I'll play it.

Updated record: 8-3-1 +4.8 units :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X