Week 2 Notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 Notes

Great week last week going 2-1 on plays and 2-0 on leans. I also had an unposted play on the over on Bears and Rams that I won't count.

My luck ran out today though. Had one of the worst days I've had in a long time in NCAAF going 1-6. Confidence is kinda shot right now. Really need a win to get my head back together.

I'll keep it simple this week. Maybe not too much analysis to the write-ups.

Plays:

Indianapolis Colts +3.5 vs LA Rams - Boy do I miss Philip Rivers. Last season the colts were very good as a short favorite which they may have been in this spot if he was still playing. We saw how dangerous the new look Rams were with Matthew Stafford at QB. So did everyone else. Nice victory in primetime with fans in attendance for the first time in the new stadium. But the colts are a competitive team. Carson Wentz through his summer injury and how he flamed out in Philly, played an efficient, Rivers-like game. 250 yards passing, 2 TD passes, and a 66% completion percentage.

Other than the two big plays though, Chicago kept it a pretty competitive game, even with Andy Dalton at QB. Montgomery had over 100 yards rushing. I would say the Colts have a better run game with Taylor, Mack, and Hines, and a better QB with Wentz over Dalton.

The colts defense kept that animal DK Metcalf in check for most of the game. Woods and Kupp are nice receivers, but they don't have anyone like Metcalf on that team. That will help soften the loss of Xavier Rhodes this week. Going back to his Detroit days, Stafford had clunkers all the time. Even with Marvin Jones (Kupp), and Kenny Golloday as his weapons. It's a pass happy offense, and they'll probably be that way all season with Cam Akers going down in camp.

I look for the Colts to try their best to control the clock with the run game and prevent big plays to keep this one close. As for Aaron Donald, it's nice to have a pro bowl guard blocking him on your side. Eric Fisher is suppose to play for the Colts this weekend as well.

Minnesota Vikings +3.5 at Arizona Cardinals - Kyler Murray had the most impressive day of all QBs last week. But that was the Titans defense. The Vikings lost in OT to an up and coming Bengals team. They'r still growing, but you can't deny that Joe Burrow, Joe Mixon, and their young WR core aren't built for a bright future. Kirk Cousins is very hot and cold, so Minnesota is a difficult team to cap sometimes. But the Weapons are there with Cousins, Jefferson, Thielen, and a monster run game with Dalvin Cook.

Arizona is another team with a bright future but they're still young. Prone to letdowns after a big win. Just like last year when they lost to the Detroit Lions and Carolina Panthers in back to back weeks. Carolina didn't even have Mccaffrey that game. They followed up their big Seattle SNF win with 5 consecutive losses after the spread. One SU win with that hail mary vs. Buffalo, which they followed up with a loss to Seattle.

Very dangerous team, but still growing. If Cousins can play game manager and keep the ball on the ground with Cook and use his weapons, this should be a close game.

Leans:
    TBD

As always, this post is subject to change up until game time.

2021 NFL Season
    2-1 Plays
    2-0 Leans
    Last edited by recovering77; 09-19-2021, 12:22 AM.
    39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
    Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
    Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs
Working...
X