Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****MNF THOUGHTS / DISCUSSION****

Hey guys,

I know its a bit late in the day but I also know thats theres gonna be plenty of people on the forum between now and kickoff. Just trying to get some thoughts / opionions out there. I'll start....

First of all, HOMER ALERT!!! Chicago guy here and Bears fan...but here's how I'm seeing it.

1) Detroits first MNF game in 10 years, or whatever...city, players, busdrivers, ditch diggers, all of them are gonna be jacked up for this game...theres no way detroit will lose...Ive been seeing a lot of this rationale lately and I dont quite agree with it. Not being used to playing on MNF or prime time is not necessarily a good thing. Body clock off, boring Monday, just thinking all day, Detroit knows its supposes to be all jacked up, but I think this angle actually favors the Bears experience.

2) Bears are the more experienced team, and although the #'s dont reflect it this year as they have played very good offensive teams. Bears still have Peppers, Urlacher, and Briggs, who are studs and usually come to play when the bright lights of prime tim are on them. Bears get Chris Harris back today who has been out for two weeks, he is their best safety and being without him the last two weeks has really hurt.

3) I am worried about the Bears O-Line vs. the Lions D-Line...Suh, Williams, VandenBoesch, and apparently Fairley is going to get his first action of the year. This is scary, no doubt about it...but Detroit plays a very aggressive style of defense and I expect Bears to be ready for that.

4) Bears have a number of ex-Lions connections that might give them an emotional boost. Former coaches Marinelli and Martz and former wideout Roy Williams. Now, I know this is kinda silly but one defensive coach, one offensive coach and a player, I could see the team rallying around this.

5) Its a more important game for the Bears, plain and simple. Theres been a lot of hoopla over the 4-0 Lions and the two big comebacks theyve had in the last two weeks, but they arent far from being a 2-2 team, with wins over just TB and KC. They still have a crummy defense despite Suh being a beast down low. I think the Bears come out prepared, and although I wont play a ML I give them a shot to win, and I think theyll be able to score enough to cover the 7 points.

Bears +7 is my pick...but you probably figured that out after i said Homer Alert

I'd love to hear some analysis as we approach game time.

GLTA:thumbs:

Oh is that who the Lions are playing tonight?? I couldn't figure it out by watching ESPN.....

Comment

I was dead wrong on the Falcons last night, and I like the Bears tonight. just sayin
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I think the Lions d is a fraud. Too much hype about the front line, IMO a mediocre D that is opportune (much like the BIlls, but not nearly as awesome). Big play ability from Forte and Hester, and big play ability everywhere for the Lions offense. IMO over is the best play, but I had to bite on the juicy ML:thumbs:

Comment

now watch the lions win 24-13

Comment

Udog,

what do you make of the Bills +3 at NYG next week?

Comment

thanks for the responses guys! daws- as to your question to UD...love the Bills... and the over. NYG is a jekyll and hyde and buffalo has been pretty solid / consistent especially on the offesive side of the ball...which is now what its about in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                now watch the lions win 24-13

even though you were on the Bears & I'm a Bears fan, not a bad call (unfortunately) ...
                Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Working...
                X