X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This here NFL Week Eight!

Posted in discussion thread as well:

Here's what I have today:

Indianapolis +9 - right away this popped out at me as being too big of a line for Tennessee to cover. The team doesn't have an identity, and the line is big because of the SNF disaster vs the Saints last week. I have to go with my gut. It hasn't prevailed this year very often, but I still have to go there.

New York Giants -10 - few of you have said things about this Miami team, heartless, team in disarray, a coach who doesn't care, etc... Daniel Thomas is out, Moore is questionable (if that's the case newly signed JP Losman may start), and starting Reggie Bush is just a recipe for disaster. Udog said Tuck is coming back and will fuel their defense... I'm inclined to agree though wary.

Washington +6 - another influence from you fellas. First off, I have a few points from my bookie who has a lot of action on Buffalo. Fred Jackson doing well, but getting more carries than he ever does... CJ Spiller an answer at WR with all those injuries? Hightower's injury IMO helps clear up the RB situation for the Skins, as we're one little Torain injury from seeing Helu rock out. I'm high on this guy here.

Detroit -3 - everyone was on Det to start the year, they get a little one-dimensional and everyone off. Good point that Tebow will get his backers... but they were four minutes away from losing to the worst team in the league. Got some luck/God on their side and were able to luck out a win. Maurice Morris didn't have a good game last week, and Stafford a bit banged up but should go. Knowshon Moreno getting the start for Denver and a pissed off Detroit DL should make for a play here.

Seattle -1 - I have a crappy line unfortunately but Dalton hasn't played in an environment like Seattle. Lynch is back, Seattle has an underrated defense, and Cincy does too. I'm going to take the home team here to get it done. Perhaps the under is a better play, but I am not good at totals.

Four units each.

Not thrilled, but not excited this week.

Leans: Houston Texans - yes big number, but Jacksonville coming off huge dog win on short week. Pittsburgh Steelers overs - lots of points scored here, both secondaries gashed all season. Cleveland Browns - are the Niners for real? They've been scoring some points, but 9? Philly Eagles -3.5, Reid off a bye and celebrating the late Jim Johnson will have this defense ready...
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

back you on Detroit g.l.

Comment

GL today AK.....will be on the G-men and maybe the rest with you as well!
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

My picks are just toxic right now, and I believe that I am capping games based more on feelings than anything else. I want Denver not to be so bad, especially at home, and want Tebow to be the man who brings them back, but letting emotion get in the way can really get you crushed! Need a step back and picks just 3-5 games and go from there.....
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Coach, I'm feeling the same way... as you can see in my write-ups above:

Indianapolis was my gut pick - and it stood out to me right away. Nothing wrong with being on the wrong side. In hind-sight, you're looking at a team with a bad OL, a bad QB, a bad defense..with the only talent they have really is at WR and if you don't have time to throw and a bad player throwing them the ball, their talent cannot be utilized. Covering a big spread on the road... and they were b2b roadies, ugh. Why?? I guess most of my perception was on a "bad" Tennessee team not being able to cover nine points... CJ2K isn't hot, but Hasselbeck was able to take advantage of a bad Indianapolis secondary. Part of me looks at this game saying the Titans got a special teams TD, a late pick off a deflected ball... but the bottom line is asking a bad team to try to cover on the road.

New York Giants - I believe Udog said in the discussion that he didn't want to pay to see the Giants try to cover DD. I said I was wary... come on Andy! I know I should not be betting it if I have any doubt - just a recipe for disaster.

Washington - looking back at it... thought Washington was getting a big number, and maybe the books knew something with that line going from -3 to -7 before settling on something like -4... I had 6 points, but the line rarely falls on 5, so I have to examine that aspect before automatically making a bet based on that perceived value. Nonetheless, the team is not very good, has a below average QB situation, a RBBC that the coach cannot settle on (regardless of my boner for Helu). Buffalo has been hot, just signed QB to a long-term deal, and appears to have risen up vs injuries at multiple positions.

Seattle -1 - really went with the home-field advantage, but Cincy's defense was the catalyst here. Coupled with a bad QB situation in Seattle, and a below-average RB, with a poor OL...

Nailed Detroit, and that makes 1-1 on the plays I was sure of. Bottom line is I need to cut back plays I am not 100 percent sold on. If I lose when I'm sold on them, so be it, but again I shouldn't be making bets where I'm not.
          NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
          MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
          MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
          NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
          Updated on 01/13/18
          ---
          One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
          X