No announcement yet.

***NFL Opening Week Discussion***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone talking about the Colts/Bears game? With Tice as the new OC, expect run on first, run on second, pass on third as is no-doubtedly as predictable as he was with the Vikings. Do we think the Bears can cover double digits? I'm not as sold on Andrew Luck as I am on the Bears inept offense. I expect Vontae Davis on Brandon Marshall and hopefully Freeney can get to Cutler.

My initial thought was taking the Bills because of all the thoughts above, but I've been debating back and forth. Do the Bills continuie to spread them out and test the Jets defense?

I'll definitely be on the Saints covering versus the Redskins. I think we'll see a big "fu3k you" by the Saints all season and running up the score because of the overturned suspensions. Rookie QB for Washington on the road with a RBBC vs the Saints angry defense? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Staying away from Minnesota/Jacksonville because I think it's a FG game and I have the line at 3.5.

I like the Lions, but I'm scared about their lack of healthy running backs. Not that they needed them last year, but defensive coordinators finally got a look at a full season's worth of Matt Stafford. Can the CBs cover Megatron? No. But I'm not confident that the Lions defense can stop the late cover.

I think the Falcons are the square pick of the day, but I think it's a cash. Everyong giving up on the Burner, but giving Rodgers more carries means he'll be more fresh late in the game. I expect this to be close, but the Falcons WRs won't be covered. Yes, the Chiefs get Berry back, but they also lost Carr and that's a huge loss versus three big targets.
    NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
    MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
    MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
    NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
    Updated on 01/13/18
    ---
    One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by akatdrake View Post
      Anyone talking about the Colts/Bears game? With Tice as the new OC, expect run on first, run on second, pass on third as is no-doubtedly as predictable as he was with the Vikings. Do we think the Bears can cover double digits? I'm not as sold on Andrew Luck as I am on the Bears inept offense. I expect Vontae Davis on Brandon Marshall and hopefully Freeney can get to Cutler.

My initial thought was taking the Bills because of all the thoughts above, but I've been debating back and forth. Do the Bills continuie to spread them out and test the Jets defense?

I'll definitely be on the Saints covering versus the Redskins. I think we'll see a big "fu3k you" by the Saints all season and running up the score because of the overturned suspensions. Rookie QB for Washington on the road with a RBBC vs the Saints angry defense? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Staying away from Minnesota/Jacksonville because I think it's a FG game and I have the line at 3.5.

I like the Lions, but I'm scared about their lack of healthy running backs. Not that they needed them last year, but defensive coordinators finally got a look at a full season's worth of Matt Stafford. Can the CBs cover Megatron? No. But I'm not confident that the Lions defense can stop the late cover.

I think the Falcons are the square pick of the day, but I think it's a cash. Everyong giving up on the Burner, but giving Rodgers more carries means he'll be more fresh late in the game. I expect this to be close, but the Falcons WRs won't be covered. Yes, the Chiefs get Berry back, but they also lost Carr and that's a huge loss versus three big targets.
      I'm from louisiana, so i know the saints pretty well, The thing with a saints play here is washington matches up well with them, they lost 33-30 to the saints last year but shoulda won that game, saints had a few miracles at the end to come back and win that game, and that was with a much less talented redskins group, yea they are a rbbc, but that can only keep the backs fresh, dont see that as a negative exept in fantasy football, and they have the best o-line in football, while saints biggest weakness in previous years is the run, they also have the option to run it with rg3, or a quick score with rg3's arm to garcon, weapons they didn't have in last years game...one angle that supports a saints play, like you said is a motivated team with the suspensions and the hurricane recently, the crowd will be nuts...this saints defense will be much improved this year under steve spagnola, with the additions of hawthore and lofton at linebacker, wilson the speedster lnebacker moving to defensive end for the missing pass rush we havent had the last few years, and bunkley up the middle to support in the run and get sum push up the middle, but i wouldnt bet on it all coming together the first game...i think the best play in this game is redskins team total over 21.
      I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot!

Comment

The Saints are one pissed off group of players. We also have a rookie QB making his first start on the road with a team who is known to head-hunt. Best of luck on your play, but I'm going with my gut on this one. I think if the Redskins slow this down with Royster and Morris, they'll be in the game, but watch out for Darren Sproles today!
        NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
        MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
        MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
        NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---
        One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

why i took oak first half over game...

i bet oakland first half becuase they are at home on primetime tv against a division opponete, and expect them to come out fired up, and becuase river and crew always start every season slow, so i figured i could take advantage of that even more by going with the first half over the game, i also figured if san diego makes a comeback it'll be in the 2nd half with their passing attack, i expect oakland to be able to run all over san diegos putrid run defense, and i dont expect san diego to be able to run oakland, so if both teams come out with a conservative game plan as they should oakands running game should produce more points, with san diego having a shot at a comeback in the 2nd half with their passing attack....so basically home field avantage, san diego starting slow every year, and better running and stopping the run was my reasons for the slight edge of betting oakland first half over full game spread.

also like the over
          I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot!

Comment

Working...
          X