Patriots+3.5
    Chargers+7.5
    Texans-6
    Broncos+.5
    Packers-1.5
    Bears+10.5

+650

1 unit
    Last edited by Underdog88; 09-30-2012, 08:00 AM.
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Bills/Pats- Situationally I think this is a game that favors the Patriots. Yes they are on the back end of b2b road games, and laying chalk as a divisional roadie, but linesmakers have it right. Pats lose after a 13-0 lead @ Balty...Bills finally go on the road and get the win, but now are left without Spiller offensively for a week or two. While many injuries to offensive players may not matter when capping, I think this is a special case. You could see the whole team deflate after his injury, and the playcalling went back to conservative garbage. Choice is ok but he isn't half as elusive. Fred has gone on record as saying he will play this week, but if he does there is no guarantee he will be effective. Last year when the Bills got the home win David Nelson was a big factor, catching 6 balls on 8 targets. In order for the Bills offense will be effective someone other than Stevie J will have to make big plays at the wr position. Defensively, the Bills front line had a very impressive 1sth followed by a decent 2ndh. As predicted Mario beefs this line up significantly, and Kyle Williams has benefitted most from it. He has been able to get into the face of qbs and get pressure much easier now. While this was evident the last two games, I fear it won't be enough in this situation.

I think the Bills defense will have flashes of great play and pressure on qbs throughout the season, but I question their ability to consistently stop good offenses from moving the chains. This is one such good offense. The Bills defense has serious flaws, and that is not something you want when playing NE. First, they do not have a LB that can hang with Winslow, let alone Gronk. I would say Moats and Barnett are out two best lbs, and neither are good in coverage. Second, Buffalo's cbs are not good. Aaron Williams had a pretty solid game last week, but all things considered it was the Browns wrs with Weeden throwing the ball. They will have their hands full with Welker & lloyd. To make matters worse Byrd isn't 100%.

In order for the Bills to have success offensively, they will need to establish a run game (Rice avg 5ypc last week) to keep them guessing. With Spiller hurt and Fred hurried back, I don't forsee this happening. Buffalo got the win last year by forcing Brady into turnovers, again something I have a hard time seeing. On special teams punter Moorman got the axe, which came as a surprise to many seeing as he was once the best player on the team for easily 5 years. Oddly enough he was huge in the win last year. He hasn't performed well but I still am not a fan of trotting out an undrafted rookie punter that was already cut once at home vs NE.

Final verdict

play the Patriots. They will cover the spread and then some. Don't mess with the over, because the Bills aren't putting up over 20 points. If anything Pats tt over 28, but I see a 31-17 type win for NE.

KC getting love because they are in Arrowhead, and off a road win @NO. They finally did what they should have been doing and ran Charles till the wheels fell off. I don't think they will have the same success running the ball vs the Chargers defense. KC was 0-4 in the redzone with 3 turnovers and managed to get the win last week. Rivers had trouble with the blitz from Atlanta, but KC doesn't have the defense to put that kind of pressure on him. Chargers win.

Rams- fade of the seattle team that offensively have not too much outside of Lynch. They have a great defense but I have a hard time with them being favorites on the road vs a divisional opponent. Rams stack up vs Lynch and makes Wilson beat them with his arm.

Comment

I agree with alot of what you said, and I guess the Pats have this "scary aura" around them yet because of how great they once were, but what have they done this season?

They beat up on Tennessee....they suck. They gave up 2 touchdowns to the Lions in about 37 seconds Sunday, and their 40+ points was deceptive as hell because a) they scored on a few big plays (special teams) and b) the Lions have no real corners. Handling them easily in week 1 should have been a shock to no one, especially with Locker starting his first game at QB.

Baltimore's old ass defense is nothing even close to what it was either, so putting 30 on them isn't real special in my book.

and then there's losing AT HOME TO THE CARDINALS??

Pats are probably a 10-6 team this year....and the Bills pass rush will be the best they've faced with what has been a pretty porous O line recently. I've seen Tommy boy sacked/hit/chased/hurried more times the last year and half than probably in the 10 or so years prior, and it appears the Bills WILL be able to get after QB's this year, for a freakin change.

With that being said, I very much do agree 100% with what you said about the wind coming out of the Bills sails, as one way to put it, when Spiller went down. It was so evident while watching the game. Luckily they re-grouped and took care of the Browns, but unfortunately, situationally, I agree that they are in a rough spot this week, and the Patsies probably have enough to expose them. Hopefully Lang takes NE so the Bills have a shot :laughing:

What are your thoughts on the Jets? I think the +4 is a big over reaction to Revis going down. SF (an imho good, but not great team like they're being anointed by Joe P) got exposed last week vs Minny, and now have to travel to NYJ and play early at 1pm, against a very capable Jets team. I think that line is wack, and the Jets should cover it in what I think will probably be a close game throughout.

Comment

Ravens-6.5 2ndh

3 units

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
          What are your thoughts on the Jets? I think the +4 is a big over reaction to Revis going down. SF (an imho good, but not great team like they're being anointed by Joe P) got exposed last week vs Minny, and now have to travel to NYJ and play early at 1pm, against a very capable Jets team. I think that line is wack, and the Jets should cover it in what I think will probably be a close game throughout.
          I too think this line is high, but I am more concerned about the Jets offensively. Shonn hasn't been able to do anything which is killing the passing game. I just don't know if I want to step in front of the Niners off a loss.

In what will likely be one of the most public totals ever, I don't think I can stay away from the packers/Saints over. Both teams may go on about how they need to establish the run blah blah blah, but once the game gets going, they will be looking downfield. I think both teams have terrible secondaries and this still sails. I may get involved in an alternate total here

Comment

Seattle's offense is 27th in points scored 32nd in passing and 29th in total yards
            however they rank 6th in rushing with 141 ypg the Rams are not fairing that much better but at home with seattle on the road I agree with Udoggie a seahawk fade does look good the under may also be a good bet any views .
            NFL 8-5 + 5.97

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Comment

Cardinals tt o10-130 2ndh

Broncos tt o14 2ndh

3 units each

Comment

Cardinals-13+280 2ndh
                Eagles tt o22.5-146

+540

1 unit

Comment

Packers-1 2nd

Packers tt o14.5-130 2ndh

2 units each

Packers-9.5+260 2ndh

1 unit

Comment

Giants/Eagles o46-110

4 units

Comment

Eagles-1-110/-7.5+200

2 units/ 1.5 units

Comment

NYG/Eagles o23 2ndh

4 units

Eagles+110 2ndh
                        2ndh o23....+285

1 unit

Comment

GL man... with you on that 2H over :beerbang:

Comment

nice cash Yomero:thumbs:

MNF

Bears tt o10 1sth

Bears+150 gm

3 units each

IMO the better team getting points

Comment

Bears/Boys o20.5 2ndh

3 units

Bears tt o10-110 2ndh

1.5 units

Comment

Working...
                              X